Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

I have to apply tonight before I go to bed and go home and take the rest of my vits. Also mix my EO mix too. I'm gonna be sleepy...

NaturalfienD

@ ManiiSweetheart ...

You betta claim BSB girlfriend, you are there all day!! :yep: Congrats boo ...

Checking In:

I applied my MN mix last night and will be applying two additional days this week because I missed two days last week. After this week, I will be applying MN three times a week, for three weeks, cutting down until the end of the challenge. So far, things are going great for my hair ...

HHG!!

jprayze

[USER=352641]freckledface[/USER] said:
Applied last night still using it straight. Won't make a mix until my ng comes in more and I can't really see my scalp.

How long have you been using it straight?

Mjon912

Here is my pic updates...I'm very late lol but since I started using MN late I figured its fine...I've been dusting my ends very often since aug when I damaged my hair by flat ironing it wet twice SMH

9/21/12 when started using MN

ForumRunner_20121023_101139.jpg

10/13/12 after wash, set, flat ironed roots and dusted ends

ForumRunner_20121023_101205.jpg

10/13/12

ForumRunner_20121023_101228.jpg

While I don't think I'll make my BSL goal by the end of the year I think if I keep using MN ill end up half way between APL and BSL which is fine with me!

Last edited:

tiajanae

Taking my braids out this week but i was super excited to see my progress! I got about 1.5inches of growth since I had my braids installed on September 1st. I am definitely a believer of MN!!!! Braids set to go back in Nov. 15th, let's end this year with a band ladies!!!:yay:

Attachments

• 10.23.12-2 hair.jpg
    10.23.12-2 hair.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 43

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
I have to apply tonight before I go to bed and go home and take the rest of my vits. Also mix my EO mix too. I'm gonna be sleepy...

Do you apply your EO mix atop your MN mix?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

jprayze

Do you apply your EO mix atop your MN mix?

Typically my schedule is MN in the mornings...whether I'm applying directly or my MN oil mix. At night, I use the EO mix. Sometimes if I forget or am rushing in the am, I might do MN at night and then use the EO mix.

jprayze

[USER=346679 said:
Mjon912[/USER];17106261]Here is my pic updates...I'm very late lol but since I started using MN late I figured its fine...I've been dusting my ends very often since aug when I damaged my hair by flat ironing it wet twice SMH

9/21/12 when started using MN

10/13/12 after wash, set, flat ironed roots and dusted ends
10/13/12

While I don't think I'll make my BSL goal by the end of the year I think if I keep using MN ill end up half way between APL and BSL which is fine with me!

Your hair looks great! It is recovering very well.

Great progress! I can't wait to see how I'm doing in December.

My update: Last week I made the mistake of crushing the MN that comes in the tablets in with the cream... let's just say that getting that bumpy mess to spread properly was a challenge.

This week I purchased a tube from Walmart for $5. I mixed shea butter and vegetable oil until they had the consistency of pudding, then mixed equal parts MN.

Oh happy day! Way easier to use =)

Taking my braids out this week but i was super excited to see my progress! I got about 1.5inches of growth since I had my braids installed on September 1st. I am definitely a believer of MN!!!! Braids set to go back in Nov. 15th, let's end this year with a band ladies!!!:yay:

DominicanBrazilian82

jprayze said:
Typically my schedule is MN in the mornings...whether I'm applying directly or my MN oil mix. At night, I use the EO mix. Sometimes if I forget or am rushing in the am, I might do MN at night and then use the EO mix.

I've wanted to do my sulfur oil mix and MN together, but I'm afraid of the MN and sulfur combination. What are your thoughts?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I've wanted to do my sulfur oil mix and MN together, but I'm afraid of the MN and sulfur combination. What are your thoughts?

I know u didn't ask me but I've been using mine together per say. I apply MN directly to scalp and then my sulfur mix right after and massage for 5 minutes and haven't had any ill effects.

DominicanBrazilian82

HairPleezeGrow said:
I know u didn't ask me but I've been using mine together per say. I apply MN directly to scalp and then my sulfur mix right after and massage for 5 minutes and haven't had any ill effects.

Surprisingly I did it once and I was pulling my hair at the scalp to see if it would come out... LOL... I had a plan to do one in the am and one in the pm... Did that for a week and was exhausted. I will begin doing both tonight. Thank you lovie.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Surprisingly I did it once and I was pulling my hair at the scalp to see if it would come out... LOL... I had a plan to do one in the am and one in the pm... Did that for a week and was exhausted. I will begin doing both tonight. Thank you lovie.

Oh your welcome. Hope we get some good growth. I think I was getting good growth but ended up big chopping again! Keep us posted on how it works for you.

jprayze

So after 10 days of using MN straight, I finished the tube so I'm have to go back to using the MN oil mix tomorrow.

Last edited:

ESmackum

After getting a relaxer 3 weeks ago I paused on my MN mix. Its time to get back into it. I definitely had some growth since August. I need to cornrow and do a sew in or a wig soon because its starting to get cold, and I am trying to retain some hair this winter...

tiajanae

Braids down and I'm feeling awesome! Reinstall on the 11th of November so once this flat iron wears out I'll be bunning while still apply my mix daily. 1.5inches of growth in 2 months. Not bad! Hopefully I can squeeze out 2 more inches before the year ends :grin:

Attachments

• 10.25.12-2 02 hair.jpg
    10.25.12-2 02 hair.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 10.25.12 hair.jpg
    10.25.12 hair.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 57

jprayze

[USER=25801 said:
ESmackum[/USER];17117445]After getting a relaxer 3 weeks ago I paused on my MN mix. Its time to get back into it. I definitely had some growth since August. I need to cornrow and do a sew in or a wig soon because its starting to get cold, and I am trying to retain some hair this winter...

Yes, come on back!

[USER=343847 said:
tiajanae[/USER];17121887]Braids down and I'm feeling awesome! Reinstall on the 11th of November so once this flat iron wears out I'll be bunning while still apply my mix daily. 1.5inches of growth in 2 months. Not bad! Hopefully I can squeeze out 2 more inches before the year ends :grin:

Your hair is beautiful! 1.5 in 2 months is great! Do you know what your normal growth rate is?

tiajanae

Yes, come on back!

Your hair is beautiful! 1.5 in 2 months is great! Do you know what your normal growth rate is?

1/2inch per month. This is an 1/4inch increase in my monthly growth rate considering I only used the mix once per week and for the last the 3 weeks only once. The smell was killing my pillows the MTG mixed in it. lol. On my next set of braids I plan to use it 3-4 times per week as i've recently purchased some orange oil fragrance to offset the smell :)

DominicanBrazilian82

tiajanae said:
1/2inch per month. This is an 1/4inch increase in my monthly growth rate considering I only used the mix once per week and for the last the 3 weeks only once. The smell was killing my pillows the MTG mixed in it. lol. On my next set of braids I plan to use it 3-4 times per week as i've recently purchased some orange oil fragrance to offset the smell :)

Only 1x / week... Interesting. I have absolutely no idea how much growth I've gotten as I am 18 weeks post today with ridiculous shrinkage. I am not using heat until my relaxer at 20 weeks post and that will be my reveal (a whole month later)...