Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just had a wash session and applied some to my edges.....1/3 for the week of 5/6 to 5/12.

jprayze

Checking in...I've been doing 1 time a week since I got my hair done, was a little scared of the cream causing reversion

deedoswell

I am soooooooooo late!!! I just bought and applied my MN! Hope I'm not kicked out of the challenge. May is a crazy month for me - I have 7 family birthdays in this month and have been running to birthday parties (kids!)

I did not apply it straight like I thought I might. Has anyone done this? I used sulfur and coconut oil with the MN.

http://http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148889&stc=1&d=1336526119

Attachments

• may8.jpg
    may8.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 47

jprayze

jprayze said:
Checking in...I've been doing 1 time a week since I got my hair done, was a little scared of the cream causing reversion

Oops I meant 1 time a DAY versus 2 times!

pinkness27

Getting pimples on upper forehead from too much jbco. I use it on my edges before my MN mix. Will try n be less heavy handed with the oil.

Getting paranoid about possible shedding from my MN spray mix that has MT in it.

757diva

I bought a applicator bottle and put my mixture in there. Shea Oil, Jojoba and Grapeseed (of course MN). I have in braids right now and apply twice a day. No problems with anymore itching since I added oils.

sheanu

Hey ladies! I'll have been using for two weeks on friday and I have quite a few baby fairs popping up along my edges. I can see them more when I sweat or my hair is wet. I can braid my hair right up to my edges now in some places. MN really is the truth :')

Bout to run, cowash and apply again :)

Jewell

I really wanna start applying MN mixed with a bit of water and rosemary or tea tree oil to my scalp using an applicator bottle. I just have to get cranking if I wanna reach my Dec. 2012 and June 2013 goals.

mamaore

checking in. anyone got any new growth yet?

Not me, I just started applying it on Monday though :lachen:Can you tell i'm an eager beaver:lachen:

I did not apply it straight like I thought I might. Has anyone done this? I used sulfur and coconut oil with the MN.

http://http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148889&stc=1&d=1336526119

As long as you don't get headaches, you should be good.

Hey ladies! I'll have been using for two weeks on friday and I have quite a few baby fairs popping up along my edges. I can see them more when I sweat or my hair is wet. I can braid my hair right up to my edges now in some places. MN really is the truth :')

Bout to run, cowash and apply again :)

Grow hair grow :bdance:

I really wanna start applying MN mixed with a bit of water and rosemary or tea tree oil to my scalp using an applicator bottle. I just have to get cranking if I wanna reach my Dec. 2012 and June 2013 goals.

I added some essential oil to my mix..peppermint and teatree oil IIRC.
So you should be good.

mamaore

I normally get the itchies when I'm having a growth spurt. That might be what's going on with you.

Ms. Tiki thanks for this ...I sure hope so. The itches start immediately after the tingling and it goes on for about 30-45 minutes then tapers off.

jprayze, do you think MN can truly cause reversion? Aren't relaxers supposed to be permanent :ohwell:

Anyone know how long we can keep our MN mix without growing mold. My mix is probably 3 weeks old and I only made about 3oz for this batch. It still looks fresh though. What do you think ladies?

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
:hiya:

I'd like to join if it isn't too late. I still gotta purchase the stuff but I wanted to know if I could join first before doing so :blush:

jprayze

mostamaziing said:
:hiya:

I'd like to join if it isn't too late. I still gotta purchase the stuff but I wanted to know if I could join first before doing so :blush:
Sure come on in!!!

jprayze

mamaore said:
Ms. Tiki thanks for this ...I sure hope so. The itches start immediately after the tingling and it goes on for about 30-45 minutes then tapers off.

jprayze, do you think MN can truly cause reversion? Aren't relaxers supposed to be permanent :ohwell:

Anyone know how long we can keep our MN mix without growing mold. My mix is probably 3 weeks old and I only made about 3oz for this batch. It still looks fresh though. What do you think ladies?

I'm a long term transitioner! 2.5 years post relaxer...been getting trims all along still not 100% natural. Whenmy hair is freshly straightened, I don't want anything that looks like moisture on it :) so I'm real careful about applying to just the scalp and I don't think I'm as liberal. When I wear my hair in buns and twist outs, life is good...

jessicarabbit

:ohwell:sigh,
i dont know yall, ive been having some very crushing headaches today, and i dont know why :perplexed
ive been consistent with my mn and i have been mixing it with shea butter because when i used it straight it gave me headaches.
also, its not like im new to using mn, ive been using it, just less potent i guess. idk, not sure what to do.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Sure come on in!!!

thanks! :grin: I'll post my hair length as soon as my camera gets done charging :drunk:

What is your current length?
fully shoulder length

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
mixed with BB Hair Growth Oil and applied by my applicator bottle.

What frequency will you apply it?
Once every other night.

Any other growth aids that you are using?
Nope.

*I gave my MegaTek a break for a few months, but since its getting warmer I can wash my hair more often so I might use it again in the coming summer.

its the best I could do with my ipod touch x_x

Last edited:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
i dont know yall, ive been having some very crushing headaches today, and i dont know why :perplexed
ive been consistent with my mn and i have been mixing it with shea butter because when i used it straight it gave me headaches.
also, its not like im new to using mn, ive been using it, just less potent i guess. idk, not sure what to do.

I remember having that problem a long time ago with my 4% cream :ohwell: Advil liquid gels really help and it works fast :yep:

jprayze

lindsaywhat said:

lindsaywhat maybe less frequent application, or increase your ratio, more Shea butter less MN?

jprayze

mostamaziing said:
I remember having that problem a long time ago with my 4% cream :ohwell: Advil liquid gels really help and it works fast :yep:

@mostamazing I still don't know where you get 4% from?

deedoswell

@mostamazing I still don't know where you get 4% from?

I just got mine the other day from Giant Eagle grocery store. It is 4% . I'm used to using 2%. So what I am doing is not applying to whole head. One application is back half, next day (or skip a couple) is front half. I don't want to experience any headaches so not taking any chances. So far doing it this way has not caused a problem.

mamaore

lindsaywhat, It may not be the MN. The headache may be from sumthing else..like stress. Give it a day or two. What's the ratio of your mix with shea butter?

freshlikemoi

I joined this challenge in my head last week and started applying it. I've definitely been experiencing the itchies. Which is interesting because I had no idea why, until I ran up on a post just now that asked about the itchies. It always feels good to know where to attribute something to.

I will update this post with a starting pic. Currently, I'm under the dryer doing a 2 step aphogee treatment. My nape was snatched by the devil, I'm convinced. So my goal is to get that area to grow.

This may be a silly question but does Vagisil work too? I found this underneath my bathroom sink and was wondering if I could use it instead of going to replenish my MN?

Here's my starting pic. I'm using my roots to determine growth. I dyed my hair January 13, 2012 so this is about 4 months of growth!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.