Where's KimmayTube?

transitioning?

Girl you are scaring me and I dont even use products from mom and pop vendors
yeah, since that is clearly not the case who knows what it will be.

even some of the small lines that at least have a decent production and delivery process down have inconsistencies in their product.

and since her number one recipe is a Kinky Curly product mixed with some oils, I'm not sure why anyone would assume that someone who has no background in science or hair care would be able to come up an entire hair line, and there is certainly nothing terribly unique about anything that is out there. Shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc. Sticking litmus papers into products doesn't make you a scientist(esp. coming from someone who was telling people that baking soda could "relax" your hair) anymore than growing your own hair makes you an expert on making products.

i buy from places that seem to have reasonable manufacturing practices. you don't want to buy from any one who is mixing this up in a non-dedicated space for example. and it needs to be sterile, b/c there are certain regulations that should be followed that a lot of these mom and pop operations are circumventing. Nasty things could happen to your scalp and eyes if you apply things to your hair that aren't completely sterile. Your eyes are a very vulnerable entry point, and small cuts in the scalp are another.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

EllePixie

Mainly for the same way many entertainers and "stars" are able to introduce their own lines of products. Its fairly easy for anyone to introduce a new hair/skin care product to the market by using a third-party vendor. Most of those types of companies (third-party vendors) offer in house chemists who will develop a product (and entire line) based on your ideal ingredients, chosen/preferred scents and most importantly, your price points. The buy-in to produce a small batch (between 2,000 and 5,000 units) is within the reach of many small businesses IF they understand how this part of the cosmetics industry works. All products will be produced within the FDA guidelines as specificed in their CFRs.

Its really not that hard.

I thought that in the case of celebs the line was already produced and they were just chosen to be the face of the line?

And if KT did what you described above, wouldn't that basically be defeating the purpose of her "developing" her own line as a "guru"? Some of the businesses that I know that have manufacturers develop the test product first, then have it sent to the lab to be replicated and mass produced, so technically they still created the product.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I thought that in the case of celebs the line was already produced and they were just chosen to be the face of the line?

And if KT did what you described above, wouldn't that basically be defeating the purpose of her "developing" her own line as a "guru"? Some of the businesses that I know that have manufacturers develop the test product first, then have it sent to the lab to be replicated and mass produced, so technically they still created the product.

Thats not always the case. 'We' (the company I worked for) produced and manufactured products for a number of celebrities. Most weren't involved in the day to day decisions. Basically what happened was a specification (color, viscosity, ingredients, etc.) was produced for the product. The chemist developed a 'base' sample to match the specification and it went from there. On presentation day, a representative would come (someone generally with cosmetics experience) and review the product. If (which was rare) the celeb showed up, it was more 'pomp and circumstance' than actual business acumen - they would smell the product, look at the packaging, comment thumbs up or thumbs down and then leave.

This isn't to say that others aren't MORE involved, but, many are far less involved than most of the buying public understands. I am not saying that Kimmaytube is or is not involved in some production, but it wouldn't be surprising if she was not as involved as PR people want you (the public) to think.

This is my personal opinion, but, no I don't think it defeats the purpose of her being a 'guru' if she isn't involved in the every step of the development of a product. Why? Because as someone pointed out, she might not have the background to offer any real insight into the process, so why not turn it over to the professionals? But it wouldn't diminish her mainly because she brings to the table the same thing that every other celebrity does - name or face recognition. To sell a product, there has to be a market and face it, some will buy products because so-and-so recommended it, uses it or promotes it.

Last edited:

bravenewgirl87

Free Sweetie!!! <3

Oh.... GAAWD!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Maybe she has gotten really really busy doing those business plans, outlines, and drawings for those Fortune 500 Companies that she cannot disclose... :look:

Azure18

i buy from places that seem to have reasonable manufacturing practices. you don't want to buy from any one who is mixing this up in a non-dedicated space for example. and it needs to be sterile, b/c there are certain regulations that should be followed that a lot of these mom and pop operations are circumventing. Nasty things could happen to your scalp and eyes if you apply things to your hair that aren't completely sterile. Your eyes are a very vulnerable entry point, and small cuts in the scalp are another.

Umm, isn't this how Carol's Daughter, Karen's Body Beautiful and other natural hair lines got started?? Yeah, someone's kitchen. I'm liable to believe that some of these mass produced hair products they sell in the stores are not manufactured in the most "sterile" enviroments either. Especially products coming from other countries.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

yeah, since that is clearly not the case who knows what it will be.

even some of the small lines that at least have a decent production and delivery process down have inconsistencies in their product.

and since her number one recipe is a Kinky Curly product mixed with some oils, I'm not sure why anyone would assume that someone who has no background in science or hair care would be able to come up an entire hair line, and there is certainly nothing terribly unique about anything that is out there. Shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc. Sticking litmus papers into products doesn't make you a scientist(esp. coming from someone who was telling people that baking soda could "relax" your hair) anymore than growing your own hair makes you an expert on making products.

:grin:

I haven't had the opportunity to try products from the many other youtubers who have released hair care lines, and/or individual products

but several seem to be gaining popularity and I assume sales (shrugs)

I have my personal thoughts but won't go any further... shoot for the stars... and hopefully they will at least land in the clouds:grin:

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

Mainly for the same way many entertainers and "stars" are able to introduce their own lines of products. Its fairly easy for anyone to introduce a new hair/skin care product to the market by using a third-party vendor. Most of those types of companies (third-party vendors) offer in house chemists who will develop a product (and entire line) based on your ideal ingredients, chosen/preferred scents and most importantly, your price points. The buy-in to produce a small batch (between 2,000 and 5,000 units) is within the reach of many small businesses IF they understand how this part of the cosmetics industry works. All products will be produced within the FDA guidelines as specificed in their CFRs.

Its really not that hard.

Agreed. A prime example is when Lisa and Sheree on RHOA got their own fashion line. They're not designers. They simply had the money and resources to put it together and market it. Cindy Crawford has a furniture line in Rooms 2 Go. Everybody and their mama has a perfume line. It's all about the benjamin's, baby. (Take that, take that, take that!):look:

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Agreed. A prime example is when Lisa and Sheree on RHOA got their own fashion line. They're not designers. They simply had the money and resources to put it together and market it. Cindy Crawford has a furniture line in Rooms 2 Go. Everybody and their mama has a perfume line. It's all about the benjamin's, baby. (Take that, take that, take that!):look:

you know you're running out to get that new Lucid lipgloss from Jennifer of Basketball wives:grin::grin:

cheryl26

OMG y is she selling those scarf headbands for 16.99??? you could buy those in ATL in a wholesale pack of a dozen for 12 bucks in the summer of 2009???? are hers handmade or something?

cheryl26

who has scarf headbands? shima??:look:

if shim can launch a line from her old school white bedroom suit I know it's my time to shine:grin::grin:
It's time to launch my wig line, who's going in with me? Aireen? Iri? what's up

no the kimmytube lady i guess. it's on the luv naturals site from her newest video. if she can get 16.99 for a dollar item good for her! hahaha u can buy wholesale wigs there too! i think u can in all the big cities as long as u have a business license. some importers will put your name on the product when ordering from china too! if you have 10k to shell out u can order from china yourself :lol:

Qualitee

How many videos is she going to upload about her flat iron experience? You would have thought she gave birth or something.....

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

no the kimmytube lady i guess. it's on the luv naturals site from her newest video. if she can get 16.99 for a dollar item good for her! hahaha u can buy wholesale wigs there too! i think u can in all the big cities as long as u have a business license. some importers will put your name on the product when ordering from china too! if you have 10k to shell out u can order from china yourself :lol:
oh... ok I just saw her video posted above
wow
her hair looked cute tho':yep:

Last edited: