The gay bullies are at it again.. please sign this Petition

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
LINK TO PETITION

Target Name Target Organization
New York Giants (New York Giants Football Team)

The New York Giants are under pressure from the radical gay lobby for hiring former player David Tyree, simply because he has publicly affirmed his personally held traditional values about the relations of men and women and the nature of marriage.

It is unacceptable to think that a person could be faced with losing his job in America today simply for holding values about marriage shared with billions worldwide and attested throughout history and in every major faith tradition. Add your name to this petition to urge the Giants to stand by David Tyree and not to give in to the pressure of an intolerant and bullying special interest group.

Note: I'm emphasizing the radical lobby. This isn't an "anti-gay" or gay-bashing post.

Thank you.

curlytwirly06

I was reading some follow up article done on him about how he is working with a gay rights activists and he supposedly has "evolved" on the issue. Has anyone else read something similar?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was reading some follow up article done on him about how he is working with a gay rights activists and he supposedly has "evolved" on the issue. Has anyone else read something similar?

I'll take some time to confirm this. I hope he is not caving in. Give God a chance to prove who He is and maintain the stand in God's Word. Why cave in to agree with the sin? Folks who do this are fearful and why when God has clearly said to 'fear' Him, not man, for what can 'man' do unto you?

'Man' has nothing that God does not own. If indeed Tyree has weakened in his stand for God, than he needs to be reminded of the power that stands with and behind and before him... "God All Mighty".

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and they and all that dwell therein. (Psalm 24:1)

Why on earth would those who are of God fear man, and especially the demons behind the gay lobby activists? And YES, they are indeed demons who are subject to 'us', not us subject to them.

Jesus said, "ALL POWER BOTH IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH ... has been given unto 'Me'... (Matthew 28:18)

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

The pundents (sp?) are the main ones being prompted by the Human Rights gay lobbyist militia, using their media resources to add more pressure upon Tyree and others who support pure Marriage, to succumb; making them appear as tyrants when the true tyrants are the gay militia who truly have no power over God.

Shimmie

Staff member
David Tyree: I would support any Giants player who identified as gay ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...pport-any-giants-player-who-identified-as-gay

When the Giants earlier this week hired former receiver David Tyree as their new director of player development, the announcement unleashed a firestorm of controversy that focused on Tyree's past comments about marriage equality.

And with the fact that the first openly-gay player is beginning his rookie season, taking a look back at Tyree's anti-gay thoughts led to a hailstorm of negative publicity.

For example. This is what Tyree told the National Organization for Marriage in 2011 when talking about marriage equality.

"This will be the beginning of our country sliding toward, it's a strong word, but anarchy,” Tyree said. "How can marriage be marriage for thousands of years and now all the sudden because a minority, an influential minority, has a push or agenda ... and totally reshapes something that was not founded in our country.”

Perhaps the only former player to defend Tyree, though, was Wade Davis, who revealed himself as gay after a brief professional playing career. And writing for theMMQB.com on Thursday, Davis expanded on his thoughts on why he believed Tyree's mindset is beginning to change, and he quoted Tyree saying that he would welcome a gay player in the Giants organization.

Davis wrote that he was hurt by Tyree's past views, but this offseason, Davis has spoken at a number of events to talk to players and coaches about LGBT issues. After one of those presentations, Tyree approached him, shook hands with Davis and said, “I want you to know I really respect what you do.”

That meant a great deal to Davis.

"After having the opportunity to speak with David, I realized he is on a journey when it comes to understanding the LGBT community," Davis wrote. "He is evolving. Just as my mother did. Just as some of our most well-known supporters did. Just as I did."
The controversy that was brewed by the Giants hire also left Davis a little sad because he felt that people were judging Tyree too harshly for his past views.

"I paused to reflect on my initial resistance toward him and asked myself, 'Can we create the space for all individuals to evolve?'" Davis wrote. "Have we given up on understanding, engaging, and educating? Are we unwilling to offer compassion to those whose views may shock or offend us? Why has the default response now become to vilify and judge before we seek to ask questions?"

Tyree asked Davis to quote him for his story.

"My interactions with Wade over the past few months are much more representative of my current beliefs toward the gay community than some tweets from several years ago. Christianity teaches us love, compassion, and respect for our fellow man, and it is in that light that I will continue to work with Wade and others to better serve the gay community.

I would absolutely support any player on the Giants who identified as gay, in any way I could. And I will continue to stay in touch with Wade to ensure I am aware of the right ways to do that.”

Here's hoping that everybody -- including Tyree -- will continue to evolve.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...pport-any-giants-player-who-identified-as-gay

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like he wimped out... :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I need to hear from Tyree to see where he truly stands. The media is so deceptive and misleading.

My questions to him are:

* What does 'he' mean by 'evolving'? Evolving to what exactly?

* What is the true meaning of Marriage to him 'Now'?

* Where is God in his life?

Believing God's Word regarding Marriage between One Man and One Woman does not equal 'hatred' nor bigotry towards gays. Why are people falling for that lie? It (the lie) is hubris, at it's worse.

curlytwirly06

David Tyree: I would support any Giants player who identified as gay ...

When the Giants earlier this week hired former receiver David Tyree as their new director of player development, the announcement unleashed a firestorm of controversy that focused on Tyree's past comments about marriage equality.

And with the fact that the first openly-gay player is beginning his rookie season, taking a look back at Tyree's anti-gay thoughts led to a hailstorm of negative publicity.

For example. This is what Tyree told the National Organization for Marriage in 2011 when talking about marriage equality.

"This will be the beginning of our country sliding toward, it's a strong word, but anarchy,” Tyree said. "How can marriage be marriage for thousands of years and now all the sudden because a minority, an influential minority, has a push or agenda ... and totally reshapes something that was not founded in our country.”

Perhaps the only former player to defend Tyree, though, was Wade Davis, who revealed himself as gay after a brief professional playing career. And writing for theMMQB.com on Thursday, Davis expanded on his thoughts on why he believed Tyree's mindset is beginning to change, and he quoted Tyree saying that he would welcome a gay player in the Giants organization.

Davis wrote that he was hurt by Tyree's past views, but this offseason, Davis has spoken at a number of events to talk to players and coaches about LGBT issues. After one of those presentations, Tyree approached him, shook hands with Davis and said, “I want you to know I really respect what you do.”

That meant a great deal to Davis.

"After having the opportunity to speak with David, I realized he is on a journey when it comes to understanding the LGBT community," Davis wrote. "He is evolving. Just as my mother did. Just as some of our most well-known supporters did. Just as I did."
The controversy that was brewed by the Giants hire also left Davis a little sad because he felt that people were judging Tyree too harshly for his past views.

"I paused to reflect on my initial resistance toward him and asked myself, 'Can we create the space for all individuals to evolve?'" Davis wrote. "Have we given up on understanding, engaging, and educating? Are we unwilling to offer compassion to those whose views may shock or offend us? Why has the default response now become to vilify and judge before we seek to ask questions?"

Tyree asked Davis to quote him for his story.

"My interactions with Wade over the past few months are much more representative of my current beliefs toward the gay community than some tweets from several years ago. Christianity teaches us love, compassion, and respect for our fellow man, and it is in that light that I will continue to work with Wade and others to better serve the gay community.

I would absolutely support any player on the Giants who identified as gay, in any way I could. And I will continue to stay in touch with Wade to ensure I am aware of the right ways to do that.”

Here's hoping that everybody -- including Tyree -- will continue to evolve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like he wimped out... :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Its one of those "goes both ways statements" while he did not say " I support gay marriage" he did says "I support gays". They threw in words like "evolved" etc to make it seem like the path he is walking is towards full accptance of everything homosexual. He should have gone the adrian petterson route or Tony Dungy route; Tony was under fire for saying he would not have taken Michael Sam as a player and people said he was a homophobic christian, here is the article.

Tony Dungy elaborated on his beliefs and feelings about Michael Sam on Wednesday morning, calling the “Dan Patrick Show” to say that “gay marriage and who should be on a football team have nothing to do with each other.”

Dungy, who phoned in from vacation, added to a statement he made Tuesday after a comment to the Tampa Tribune that he would have passed on taking Sam, the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL, drew criticism. Dungy said he was surprised by the reaction.

“I know a lot of people are trying to make this about my Christian faith and that’s something, Dan, I’m not going to back down from ever and I do have my Christian beliefs,” he said. “But I think people should recognize that when you go into coaching … you have a responsibility to deliver a good football team to your owner. So you’re going to do everything you can to do that. I would not and I’ve said that many times and I’ve been on record when asked about Michael Sam specifically, ‘No, I would not have a problem coaching him. I would not have a problem with him being on the team.’ You make those decisions based on what people bring to the table athletically and what they can do to make your team better.”

Patrick asked if Dungy’s faith should have entered into the controversy.

“Well, I think it always does. I think it’s part of walking as a Christian. I accept that part of it. People are always going to have their views. I don’t expect everybody to agree with me, but I don’t think people should expect me to back down on my views about faith. But again, this was not a discussion about that. This was a discussion about a particular situation at a particular time and a particular player and I think for people to take it into ‘this means he hates this group of people’ or he wouldn’t–those are the things I’ve been reading in the last day that have really surprised me.”

Dungy, the former Indianapolis and Tampa Bay coach who is now an NBC commentator, has said he is against gay marriage, which also factored into the controversy.

“Gay marriage and who should be on a football team have nothing to do with each other. Bob Kravitz [the Indianapolis Star columnist who wrote of his disappointment over the comments], he knows the type of [Colts] locker room we had, the type of players. Not everybody on that team was a Christian, not everybody believed the same things I did, not everybody had the same political views and that’s fine. That’s good. That’s what a football locker room is all about. To equate this to gay marriage is really silly.”

Dungy noted that he wished people would “react off the facts of what I say and not what they believe or what they perceive” and was asked if he might meet with Sam, a seventh-round draft pick trying to make the St. Louis Rams’ final roster.

“I hadn’t thought about it, but I think it might be a good idea and I’d love to do that,” he said. “Hopefully, I get the chance. I would want to wish him the best and let him know that I have no bitterness or animosity toward him even though I don’t agree with his lifestyle. I love him and I wish him the best and I’d love to say that to him.”

What, Patrick asked Dungy, has been the most hurtful thing about the controversy?

“That being a Christian, I’m somehow hateful of gay people or because I believe certain things about marriage that that makes me anti-gay or anti-anybody. I guess that goes with the territory, but that’s certainly not what my faith is all about.”

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yes, @ the bolded.

:yep:

I need to hear from Tyree to see where he truly stands. The media is so deceptive and misleading.

My questions to him are:

* What does 'he' mean by 'evolving'? Evolving to what exactly?

* What is the true meaning of Marriage to him 'Now'?

* Where is God in his life?

Believing God's Word regarding Marriage between One Man and One Woman does not equal 'hatred' nor bigotry towards gays. Why are people falling for that lie? It (the lie) is hubris, at it's worse.