Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
Nov. 30, 2009

Devotional:
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 (KJV)
While these words were spoken to Joshua when he took over for Moses, they are also applicable to us. Take a moment and read Psalm 139 out loud and see that God's promise to be with us is for all who truly call upon him. Listen to Jesus' words in Matthew 28:18-20, as he promises his disciples to "be with them always, even to the close of the age." Remember God's promise, reiterated from an Old Testament blessing in Hebrews 13:5, "Never will I leave you, never will I desert you!" Let's be strong; our God, our Father, our Shepherd is always near, even if it doesn't seem so. We cannot go anywhere without his presence being near us and in us. We are not alone. We don't have to be afraid. In fact, not even death can separate us from his love (see Romans 8:35-39).

PRAYER:
Be near, dear Father, not only in your promise and not only with your presence, but also in my awareness. I need to know you are near when I respond to the incredible opportunities before me. I need to be confident in your help and sustaining love as I face the rigorous challenges in my life. I trust in your unfailing love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 1, 2009

Devotional:
He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known. Proverbs 10:9 (KJV)
"Tell the truth the first time and then you won't have to remember what you said." That's a quote attributed to the famous Speaker of the House (U.S.A. House of Representatives) Sam Rayburn. That's basically what God's wisdom is trying to teach us in this passage. Be a person of integrity. Then, when someone finds out your secrets, you can feel secure knowing that you have lived for godliness. However, a perverse and deceitful person has to constantly worry that someone will find him out. There is no security or assurance in crooked paths, only the certainty of getting tripped up and caught. When the secrets of evil that have been whispered in dark places get shouted from the rooftops, those who have lived for the Lord can be secure, knowing that what gets shouted about them is said with the voice of God: "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

PRAYER:
Please forgive me, dear God, for those times that I have been secretive and dishonest. Purify me of deceit. Help me speak only what is true and appropriate. Transform my evil secrets, through your holy grace, into a holy character that is the same both in public and private. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye [ought] to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. James 4:13-15 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 2, 2009

Devotional:
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Romans 6:11-12 (KJV)
If we have been cleansed from perversity, if we have died with Christ in baptism and have been cleansed thoroughly and completely by the Holy Spirit, then let's live for God! Let's resist sin, and our inclination to sin, with all our might, knowing that as we do, the Holy Spirit will empower us to a much greater righteousness than we could ever live on our own. Let's begin each day with a conscious decision to be dead to our sinful past and alive to the goal of the holy character of God!

PRAYER:
Loving and Righteous Father, Almighty God, help my heart remain firmly committed to your will and more fully conformed to your holy character and grace. In the name of Jesus, my Savior and my Lord. Amen.

Wisdom:
The glory of young men [is] their strength: and the beauty of old men [is] the gray head. Proverbs 20:29 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 3, 2009

Devotional:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Titus 2:11-12 (KJV)
Grace is not about excuses for our sins, but about a deep-seated thanksgiving for pardon and a life-changing commitment to say "No!" to all that is evil, corrupt, and wicked no matter how alluring or how pervasive they may be in our culture.

PRAYER:
LORD, my Abba Father, I praise you for your costly grace and love demonstrated to me in Jesus. Now galvanize my commitment to say "No!" to all those sins that required my Savior's pain and humiliation. Through your Spirit, form in me a righteous lifestyle that is self-controlled and is reflective of your righteousness. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. 1 Peter 2:16 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 4, 2009

Devotional:
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. Titus 2:13-14 (KJV)
We haven't arrived at our destination (cf. Philippians 3). We are in waiting! Jesus, who offered his own life for our redemption, will gloriously return to take us home. During our time of waiting, let's be eager to do what is right, good, and holy.

PRAYER:
Father, make me holy. Holy Spirit, make me eager. Jesus, make me glorious. Do these things for your praise and for the blessing of those who need to know you better. Please forgive me for the times I have settled for mediocrity and stir me to a holy passion to belong to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The LORD [is] merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. Psalm 103:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 5, 2009

Devotional:
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Romans 6:14 (KJV)
As we called on Jesus' name in baptism and trusted him to be our Savior, we died to sin. In this death, we die to dying and pass from death to life because of our faith in Jesus and in God's power (John 5:24; Col. 2:12). Our life is joined to Jesus, and his glorious future becomes our own (Col. 3:1-4). We are not under law, but grace. Let's respond to the gift of grace with passion and with zeal to be holy. Let's open ourselves to the transforming work of the Holy Spirit, who changes us to be like Jesus (2 Cor. 3:18). We are grace-children. We are not in bondage to sin, but liberated by grace to be all that God has made us to be -- his craftmanship (Eph. 2:1-10). Sin will not be our master!

PRAYER:
Purify my heart, dear LORD and Father, and make it new and alive to your grace and dead to the sin that once entangled me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand. Revelation 1:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 7, 2009

Devotional:
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 6:15 (KJV)
This matching verse to Romans 6:1-2, is the great reminder that sin is no longer our master and no longer our choice. We choose to live for God with every fiber of our being and loathe the life of sin that once held us in bondage to death and defeat.

PRAYER:
Dear God, my Father ... precious Jesus my Lord ... Holy Spirit my inner companion and holy fire ... stir in me a holy passion to be the person of holy and righteous grace you have created me and redeemed me to be. Amen.

Wisdom:
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Ephesians 4:2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 8, 2009

Devotional:
How much better [is it] to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! Proverbs 16:16 (KJV)
What are the greatest riches in life? Well surely they are not silver and gold. Of infinitely greater value is wisdom, which helps us understand what is valuable, what is true, what is worthy of our heart, and what is not.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, God of the Ages and Giver of every good and perfect gift, please bless me with holy and practical wisdom so that I can more fully know how you have blessed me and so that I can be the blessing to others that you want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and [your] nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. James 5:12 (KJV)

Butterfly08

Nov. 9, 2009

Wisdom:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8 (KJV)

This is exactly what I am focusing on doing this week. :yep: Thanks for posting!!!

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 9, 2009

Devotional:
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 (KJV)
Death is the ultimate profanity in today's world. We don't like to think about it, much less talk about it. However, death is that one reality that will not leave us alone. We lose friends and family members to death. At one point in our lives, we too, will face this inevitability unless Jesus comes before our passing. So what is our assurance as we face the inescapable? Our Shepherd! He will walk us through, guiding and protecting and comforting us in our journey. And as Christians, this promise is only intensified because we know Jesus as our Good Shepherd, and he has taken the walk ahead of us to insure that our walk through death's valley doesn't end in death, but in glory.

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, my Shepherd and Savior, thank you that I do not have to face death alone. I look for your guidance and listen for your voice to lead me through death's dark valley and bring me to your holy and glorious presence in victory and with joy. In Jesus' name I confidently pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 10, 2009

Devotional:
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. -- Matthew 18:20 (KJV)

When are friends more than friends? When they gather in the name of Jesus and he meets with them there.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for sending your Son, not just to minister on earth during his incarnation, but also to bless us with his presence during our worship. Open my heart to rejoice in his presence as I meet with friends who share my faith. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue [is] but for a moment. Proverbs 12:19 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 11, 2009

Devotional:
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. Romans 8:19(KJV)
Eagerly waits! Don't you just love that idea! Sounds like an oxymoron. It's not. Think of a groom waiting for his bride to come down the aisle. Imagine parents of a child that is due to be born. Remember what it was like as a child waiting for Christmas morning. Eagerly waits! That's what creation, so caught up with decay, disaster, and death, is doing! And what is creation waiting for so eagerly? Our transformation and revelation as God's triumphant and glorious children. Sounds pretty wonderful for a time and world like ours.

PRAYER:
O LORD, God of all creation and source of all redemption, I long for the day that every tear is dried and my bondage to decay is over. Please keep my heart set on the glory that is to be revealed when Christ returns. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17(KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 12, 2009

Devotional:
And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.
Romans 8:23 (KJV)
The Holy Spirit, who lives in us, is our guarantee of a greater glory that is to come (cf. 2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5). The Spirit is the firstfruits of that glory that is to be revealed in us (cf. Rom. 8:18). Our current state is only a foretaste of what lies ahead for us; we yearn to be clothed and to reside in our heavenly dwelling and to be at home with God (2 Cor. 5:1-8).

PRAYER:
Dear Father, you have blessed me with so many wonderful blessings. I thank you for each and every one of them. At the same time, dear Father, I do long to be brought into your presence in glory as your child. The pain and heartache of the world, the fragility of my body, and my frustration with my own vulnerability to sin keep me longing for the day that your Son returns in glory. Until that day, help me as I try to be your holy child. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one [we are] the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who [is] sufficient for these things? 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 14, 2009

Devotional:
And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23 (KJV)
Offering ourselves to God isn't easy because it means we must first die to our own selfish will. Like Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane, we face our own cross and must cry out, "Not my will, dear Father, but your will be done!"

PRAYER:
Dear Father, thank you for sending Jesus as my Savior. Lord Jesus, I want to follow you. I don't want it to be half-hearted or hypocritical. I want your life to be seen in me. So please, gently show me the areas where my heart needs to be softened and my character needs to be shaped by the Spirit so that I can more perfectly reflect your glory, grace, and character to those around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 15, 2009

Devotional:
The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted. Proverbs 10:24 (KJV)
The wicked fear the triumph of goodness, holiness, and righteousness. They fear not being in control. They fear death's overtaking them. The righteous desire the triumph of goodness, holiness, and righteousness. They offer their lives to be controlled by the Holy Spirit of God. They recognize death is an enemy, but one that has been conquered by their Savior. In times like these, isn't it comforting to know that the things that the wicked fear are really things that they can be sure of receiving!

PRAYER:
O LORD God, please bring your justice, mercy, and righteousness to triumph in the lives of all who seek after you and your will. Please make my heart more like yours in regard to evil and those who perpetuate it, and stir in me a deeper passion to lead those to Christ who do not know you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
[There is] no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD. Proverbs 21:30 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 16, 2009

Devotional:
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psalm 23:5 (KJV)

While the enemy of the righteous may flourish for a season, God will lavish his love and show his favor on the righteous. As the apostle Paul reminded his dear friends in Philippi, their prayers and the work of the Holy Spirit guaranteed his deliverance: he would either be delivered from prison and death to serve them, or he would be delivered from prison through death to go be with the Father (Phil. 3:19-23). Either way, God's righteous will get a banquet, a place of honor, and a royal welcome that will vindicate their faithfulness before those who oppose them.

PRAYER:
Father, King of the ages, I do believe that you will throw a party in my honor and treat me as one of your royal children. Thank you for this promise. Thank you for the assurance of ultimate vindication. Thank you for making my life overflow with your love and grace. In Jesus' name I praise you! Amen.

Wisdom:
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; Philippians 1:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 17th, 2009

Devotional:
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked [speaketh] frowardness. Proverbs 10:32 (KJV)
How many times have you said just the "wrong" thing? For me, it is more often than I would like to recall. Jesus' words on this topic are indeed convicting to me: "Out of the abundance of the heart does the mouth speak." In other words, poor words and bad timing in our speech are more issues of our heart than issues of social skills and decorum. Let's ask God to purify, mend, and re-focus our heart on his will and passions.

PRAYER:
Almighty God, loving and merciful Father, please purify my heart of all evil, hate, duplicity, prejudice, malice, lust and greed. By the powerful name of Jesus, please drive away any evil power or enticing temptation that would corrupt my heart and wound my soul. Fill my heart with love, grace, righteousness, holy passion, gentleness, forbearance, sensitivity, courage, conviction, and forgiveness. Give me discernment to know which of these qualities are needed at any given moment. Sanctify me -- body, soul, and spirit -- with your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 18, 2009

Devotional:
Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. Psalm 119:133 (KJV)
God's word is a light to our dark path in a morally uncertain world. It must be our standard for right and wrong, righteousness and evil. As God's will and Word have sway in our life, we are delivered from all sorts of destructive practices that can ruin our lives.

PRAYER:
Great and Almighty God, who raises the dead and restores the fallen, make my heart delight in your truth and my life more perfectly conformed to your will. Lead me in your way and guide my footsteps in righteousness. Empower me to freedom from any form of bondage that Satan might use to control me and ruin my godly influence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Colossians 3:11 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 19, 2009

Devotional:
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38-39 (KJV)
Jesus wants us to seriously look into our hearts and surrender those things that hold us back from fully following and serving him. We know what they are. He comes to us with his now nail-scarred hands and reminds us that he gave up everything to redeem us. He now wants us to surrender to the Cross the things that hold us back. Let's do it today!

PRAYER:
Father God, Almighty King, I am sorry for the areas of my life that I have kept hidden away from the righteousness that your Spirit is working to cultivate in me. I now confess those secret areas of sin to you and ask that you cleanse me and liberate me from Satan's power that binds them to me and holds me back from whole-hearted service to your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
As a dog returneth to his vomit, [so] a fool returneth to his folly. Proverbs 26:11 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 21, 2009

Devotional:
I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid [before me]. Psalm 119:30 (KJV)
Yesterday we made a commitment to follow the Lord Jesus whole-heartedly. Let's not forget it and slip back into old habits and bad patterns. Let's choose the way of truth again today, and tomorrow, and ....

PRAYER:
Righteous Father, your way and your Word are my source of life and guidance. I choose your will and your truth today. Help it come alive in me through joyful obedience. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Revelation 22:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 22, 2009

Devotional:
[[[A Psalm] of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.]] I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise [shall] continually [be] in my mouth.
Psalm 34:1 (KJV)
One way to keep our life on track and our hearts surrendered to the will and work of God is to praise our glorious LORD continually. Let's put our praise for God on our lips with song and memorized Scripture. Let's tell his wonderful and great deeds to our children, grandchildren, and friends. Let's give him thanks for all that he has done for us. Just as surely as he is with us always (see Ps. 139), let's praise him always.

PRAYER:
Almighty God and eternal and loving Father, I praise you for your great might and incredible creativity displayed in your creation. I marvel at your vastness and incomprehensible glory revealed in the great expanse of the heavens. Thank you for your power, mercy, faithfulness, and grace demonstrated by your care for your people and the sending of your Son as you promised. You are wonderful. You are awesome. You are majestic. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. James 1:13-14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 23, 2009

Devotional:
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear [thereof], and be glad. Psalm 34:2 (KJV)
We have no basis to boast in our own might. We can't preserve our lives. We can't topple kingdoms. We can't see the edge of the distant edge of the heavens. We can't determine the future or change the past. So what do we have in which we can boast? God! We are living proof of his grace and mercy -- he saved us when we didn't deserve it, he rescued us from sin and death when we had no power to preserve our lives. Those in sorrow, brokenness, and night can look at us and rejoice because we are living proof God saves the sinner, raises up the disheartened, and mends the broken. Praise the LORD for his glory. Praise the LORD for his grace.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you! Thank you for all that you have done for me. Let others see your work in me and understand that you can do a great thing in them, as well. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;) Hebrews 10:23 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 24, 2009

Devotional:
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:3 (KJV)
Isn't it good that we can sing alone and know God loves our song! Isn't it even better that we can join others in songs of praise and lose ourselves in wonder, love, and praise! Let's spend today finding other believers and praising God together. All around the world, hundreds of thousands strong, let's reach out to other believers and ask them to join us in glorifying the Lord!

PRAYER:
Almighty and merciful God, please be pleased with my praise and my attempts to join others in bringing you glory. Forgive me for sins, slips, and slights. Empower me to be a living witness to your magnificent grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health. Proverbs 12:18 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 25,2009

Devotional:
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4 (KJV)
Have you sought the LORD lately? Many of us made a commitment to turn all of our lives over to him last week; how have you done at that commitment? God promises wisdom to those who ask and don't doubt. Have you asked for wisdom recently? Let's join our hearts together, and with the Spirit's help, let's seek our Father so that we can honor and glorify him, finding our blessing in his presence.

PRAYER:
Majesty on high, the Holy One of Israel, my Father and my God, I seek you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I want to know you more completely. I want to fully respond to your leading and your will in my life. Be near me today, and every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 1:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 26, 2009

Devotional:
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. Psalm 34:5 (KJV)
We are like the moon; the glory we show is the reflection of the greater life in our lives that does not originate in us but is a blessing to others through us. Look to God for your hope, your strength, your values, your foundation, your security, and your light.

PRAYER:
Father, I look for you and to you. Be near me as I face challenges and temptations. Don't let the evil one bring me shame because of my sin and weakness. Triumph over evil in my life for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 28, 2009

Devotional:
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard [him], and saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:6 (KJV)
So few hear the cry of the poor or respond to the plight of the disadvantaged. If we are going to be true children of our Father, his values must become our own, his lost sheep must become our quest. Let's help others around us who are in need find that when they call to God, they are not forgotten. Let's be his delivery system of grace.

PRAYER:
Gracious and Holy Father, please use me to be a delivery system for your grace. In the name of Jesus, your greatest gift of grace. Amen.

Wisdom:
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 29, 2009

Devotional:
The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. Psalm 34:7 (KJV)
I don't see him, but I know he's there! The same angel of the Lord who destroyed Israel's enemies is now fighting to win the spiritual battle that rages around you and me.

PRAYER:
Give me faith, dear Father, to believe that your heavenly messengers are around me to deliver me to you with glory and great joy. Thank you! In Jesus name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly [are] his delight. Proverbs 12:22 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Dec. 30, 2009

Devotional:
O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8 (KJV)
Some aspects of faith are indescribable: they can only be experienced and known by doing them. Taste the Lord. Sample his goodness. Lean on his grace. Take refuge in his care. We are blessed to find him near and take our refuge from life's greatest dangers and death's greatest fears.

PRAYER:
Help me, dear Father, to know you better. Open my heart, dear Lord, so that I will more fully entrust myself to your care. Open my eyes to see just how gracious you are - not to impress me, but to share in your grace. Thank you for your goodness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 1 Peter 2:13-15 (KJV)