Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Namilani

I use the Affirm 5-in-1 after relaxers, every six weeks, or if I make a hair boo-boo :lol: ! I was using Aphogee, but it started tripping!! Like a dumb-dumb I mixed them together :look: ... Let's hope I get some good results!!

Nanyanika

I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, every two weeks to increase elasticity. I sometimes use motions cpr as a conditioner wash to reduce shedding.

LovelyLionessa

Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor is my favorite. It has really good ingriedients, smells delicious and works well when mixed with other products. I like to mix a spoonful into a bowl with moisturizing conditioner for the perfect blend of moisture and strength. It's also helped my hair when used alone to rescue it from that limp and mushy feeling from overconditioning. Great stuff. :up:

envybeauty

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Affirm 5 in 1!!! THE BEST FOR MY HAIR!!

I discovered how great it was after I had put it on, layed down to take a quick nap, and woke up the next morning :look: . Overslept with it in for like 8 hours. My hair felt so different....my strands were much smoother!!

After I used up my first and only bottle of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, I literally ran to an asian bss an hour away from me just to buy my Affirm. I didn't like Aphogee even with an overnight application because it did not leave my stands as smooth as Affirm.

I will never stray again from my 5 in 1 Reconstructor!! (especially since I just spent major $$$ to buy the biggest bottle I could get my hands on)

prettywhitty

I've used Aphogee 2 min reconsturctor and I get pretty good results with it. I use it every week. I use the major aphogee the week after I relax, and the ION reconstructor once a month.

bablou00

I voted other. I use Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor. I use it for a prepoo and deep conditioner. It smells great and leaves my hair smooth. I want to find something a little stronger but not too strong for my fine hair. Its a toss up btwn 5 in 1 or Nexxus Emergencee

BrownBetty

bablou00 said:
I voted other. I use Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor. I use it for a prepoo and deep conditioner. It smells great and leaves my hair smooth. I want to find something a little stronger but not too strong for my fine hair. Its a toss up btwn 5 in 1 or Nexxus Emergencee

Do you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner? I use this but always mix it with Giovanni 50:50.

Babygurl

I use Affirm 5n1 right after my relaxer and the week following my relaxer...and anytime I feel my hair needs the extra strength/protein.

gymfreak336

I use elasta qp breakage control serum, duo tex, and ors hair mayo. I like to use duo tex once every other month or so because that stuff is strong but very effective. I just started using the elasta qp serum, I think I am going to use this one every other week. I find that polymetric reconstructors are harder for me to over do than kertain ones. This is replace the mayo which I like but it gives me more inconsistent results. I have use the aphogee 2 min reconstructor before and I really liked it. It works quickly, increases my elasticty and is pretty cheap. I might have to add this one back into the rotation.

SoUKnoMe

I use either Ion, which my sister introduced me to or Vitale Super Reconstructor Conditioner Intensive Treatment, suggested by clerk at BSS its a keeper.

Angel1794

I would like to add a question if I may. With the Motions CPR - can this be applied with a different shampoo or do you have to use the Motions line for best results?

JazzyDez

I've only used Nexxus Keraphix. I've never actually done a hardcore protien treatment, haven't really felt the need to

navsegda

I use the Chi Silk Infusion Silk Reconstructing Complex. I love this stuff! I use it everyday, regardless of flat ironing or not, but using a ceramic flat iron with it is supposed to ensure maximum penetration of the proteins. It doesn't coat the hair or leave it oily/greasy and it's also weightless (another plus).

Royal Glory

dstdiva said:
nexxus emergencee, baby!

Me too. It does a great job on my hair. It is not too strong and is simple to use. I use it every couple of weeks unless I need something stronger.

ShaniKeys said:
What exactly does a reconstructor do and when do you have to use it?

In a nutshell, a reconstructor is a heavier protien that is used to make your hair stronger. Protien is the only prodcut that actually bonds to your hair shaft. It shoudl be used every 6 - 8 weeks. The reason for the time frame is that protein, while making the hair stronger also tends to make hair harder - hence following up with a good moisturizer aferwards.

ladytq

l loove Sebastian 2+1 proffessional deep heat reconstructor (the original). I have 2 liters of this, it is sooo moisturizing! This is the only reconstructor or protien treatment that I don't have to follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner! When I'm being good to my hair I do this 2x per mth. I also just receive BBD stretch reconstructor. I haven't tried it yet, when I do I will post my review. I also have QP breakage control serum. I used this once, I'm still on the fence with this one.

2+1= 2 part moisture and 1 part protein
Click the link below and see how the original 2+1 package looks
http://www.stuff4beauty.com/catalog.php?category=Sebastian

mw138

I've had really good results with Tigi's Dumb Blonde reconstructor. Last week, when I did my touch up, I put it on my hair after I rinsed out all of the ORS relaxer. I left it on for about 5 minutes, rinsed, used the ORS neutralizing shampoo, and finally the ORS replenishing pak. My hair was so soft afterwards.

Normally, I'll use Dumb Blonde every 3 weeks or so.

lexi08

mw138 said:
I've had really good results with Tigi's Dumb Blonde reconstructor. Last week, when I did my touch up, I put it on my hair after I rinsed out all of the ORS relaxer. I left it on for about 5 minutes, rinsed, used the ORS neutralizing shampoo, and finally the ORS replenishing pak. My hair was so soft afterwards.

Normally, I'll use Dumb Blonde every 3 weeks or so.

Dumb Blonde is very good!

Wishin4BSL

All the ones I have tried just give me breakage...wow, it's late! I have to be up in three hours but I'm still not sleepy! Must be because finals and classes are OVER!!!!:grin:

A_Christian

I use Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor whenever I feel that my hair could use a little protein. I like the fact that it makes my hair feel stronger but it doesn't make the strands hard like some of the stronger protein treatments. It also seems to help with detangling.

chayil0427

Until LHCF I hadn't ever tried a protien. I'd heard a lot abouf ApHogee on the forum, but I didn't feel quite ready to try their heaviest protien (the blue bottle). So I picked up a paquet of the Intensive and it was just amaizing. It left my hair feeling strong, but soft to the touch and well detangled.

Also after my first use I stopped noticing small hairs on the bathroom floor when I styled my hair. Now my hair just sheds in full length hairs and it's wonderful.

I know their are other protiens out, but I just don't think I could ever give up my beloved ApHogee IK. It's awesome! My pre-poo for life.

Chayil