Conditioner wash on 3c hair

Crysdon

Has anyone with type 3c hair ever done this with positive results?

My hair is extremely fine (and soft) and I have a texturizer with the Motions Oil Moisturizer. I have to be very careful with the oils when wearing my hair curled or else it will look too stiff and greasy. I am going to do a roller set today and I was wondering if the conditioner wash would be a good idea.

Elyse

Crysdon,

I am doing the no poo method so I do conditioner washes all the time. If you are worried about having too much buildup in your hair, then I suggest that you start with an ACV rinse first (1-2 tbsp. ACV to 1 cup water.) Follow with a conditioner wash.

Dak

Hi Crysdon,

Since reading the Curly Girl book I have been shampooing a lot less, maybe every 3 or 4 days vs everyday. Since I wet my hair everyday, the conditioner wash works pretty well, but if you're going to roller set (which you wear longer, I assume /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) I'd suggest washing it first to get the longest results from your wet set. Don't want to have to wash it because of an itchy scalp!

Dakini

G

Crysdon, did you say TEXTURIZER?

With Motions?

Please, tell me more. I've been wanting a good texturizer for sooooooooooo long! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Crysdon

Karonica,

I got the tip about the texturizer from BlkMane on the old board. A texturizer is basically a relaxer that isn't left on your hair too long.

I have naturally curly hair (3b & 3c, but mostly 3c) and I got the Motions Oil Moisturizer in mild (lye of course). I let the relaxer stay on my hair for only 10 minutes to just loosen up the curls and not make my hair completely straight. After washing & air drying, my hair looks really nice. The curls are not as wild as before and easier to maintain. I usually spray a leave-in conditioner and part it on the side or wear it in a curly pom-pom on top of my head. I am also going to do more roller sets because of the change in the weather. My roller sets look really nice, as if I had a "full" relaxer.

So all in all...you have the best of both worlds with a texturizer.

G

Bless your heart. Thank you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

You don't comb the relaxer through, do you? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Crysdon

I did comb it all the way through because I had virgin hair for almost three years before the texturizer. Let someone apply for you, my mom did mine, she was a licensed beautician back in the 70's and she did the application quickly and I did not get any burns or scabs. I am going to do my touch-ups every three months.

Are you starting out with virgin hair?

G

Nope. Just the roots. My hair is already relaxed. I wanted to begin growing a looser version of my natural texture from the roots. I have considered everything, including the Naturalaxer, but as I've learned, it isn't all that.

Crysdon

I don't know what to tell you now...I'm stumped /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

You'll have two different textures in your hair if you texturize the roots and not cut off the relaxed ends. I'm guessing that the different textures will eventually break.

Maybe BlkMane or someone else can answer this question. Just wait for some replies before doing it.

G

Break!!!

Oh, gosh no!

I'll figure out something. But, I still want to try the Motions Mild Relaxer, because I hear a lot of great things about Motions relaxers.

sweetcocoa

The condioner wash didn't work so well for me. So I rinse with just plain distilled water on the days I don't shampoo.

skegeesmb

I use the conditioner wash on my hair. I rinse all of the conditioner out, and then put in a conditioner in my hair for three minutes and I rinse out. Every month or so, I use shampoo, and my hair seems to be just as clean when I use conditioner, but the thing is you have to wash out all of the conditioner when you substitute it for shampoo. If you don't, your hair won't look right. I love it. If you look at my natural pictures in my album you wouldn't know the difference between my hair at all.

Crysdon

Hey everybody,

I punked out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I was too afraid that my hair would look limp with the conditioner wash. I'll try it next weekend since I don't have anything planned.

Skegeesmb,

I looked at your photo album and your hair is very similar in texture to mine. I didn't get to view your natural kid pics...could you please provide the password for that. Great job!

Tara

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was too afraid that my hair would look limp with the conditioner wash. I'll try it next weekend since I don't have anything planned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, just wanted to add that on this regime,that results don't take effect probably for about a month of consistant use. I noticed a difference right away but everyone is different.

Also, you can't just can't use any 'ol conditioner. I notice that some conditioners work better for this than others, so you have to see which one works for you. The book is specific about using conditioners without Cones but again, use what works for you.

And lastly, if your hair is relaxed (I was discussing this with Adrienne I think) it could potentially leave your hair limp. The ONLY reason I say this is because the most reported "side effect" of this routine is a texture change.

4b's are finding out they are 3c/4a
and wavey girls hair is getting straight

so with relaxed hair, I'm not sure what the texture effect might be.

Sorry to but in, just thought I'd add mis dos centavos /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

Hi Tara,

No need to apologize, you're not butting in /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I'm texturized so I still have a fair amount of natural curl in my hair (they're a <font color="red"> WHOLE LOT </font color> looser now). I will try it next week with Suave or White Rain and if it looks nice, I'll continue for a month like you stated.

skegeesmb

I have to fix that album, that's why I haven't provided a password in my signature. Fotki's albums were infected with some type of virus a month ago, and they mixed up some of my photos, and lost some at that. That album has product pictures in it, I've been too lazy to go and fix it. Sorry about that /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Just wondering, Is my hair texture your hair texture before the texturizer? I'm just wondering, because I really don't know what my hair type is. I thought I was a 4a, but I have corkscrew curls in the back of my hair and I'm still not sure what my hair is on the top, but it's not 4b, I'm not even sure if it's a 4a, or a 3c. It seems like 3b/3c....I don't know. I wish I had either Andre or Pamela Ferrell access my hair type. Here I go again talking about myself and hair.

But I agree with the comment on conditioners, you can't just use any ole one. I use Pantene Conditioner for curly hair, and I use a Sauve Knock-off of Nexxus Hemectress (or however you spell it). They leave my hair soft and shiny (and I can't take too much protein either) so I switch up between Sauve and Pantene. When I do use shampoo, I use Break-Thru because it has no SLS, or ALS that I know of.

Whew! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif