Ayurveda - Navratna Oil

Zeal

Hello Ladies:

Have any of you used this on your scalp/hair? What were your results?

TIA

Zeal

flowinlocks

I use this oil for pain relief and to help me sleep. On the scalp it has a cool tingly feeling. I only use it on nights when I'm sure I won't fall asleep. I massage a small amout in all over my head, and within a 30 to 40 mins I'm knocked out!:sleeping:Also if you have a sore or strained muscle or your feet hurt after a long day, this oil is a wonderful pain reliver.:yep: The only drawback is the smell. It's kinda like a cross between a nursing home and old lady/dollar store perfume.:barf: For this reason alone is why I don't use it that often but I do love keeping it on hand.

yardyspice

I've been wondering about this as well ever since I saw in the local indian market. Is it more for relaxation than it is for hair growth?

flowinlocks

Himani Navratna oil gives relief from - Sleeplessness , Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems. The medicinal and aroma therapeutic benefits make the product nothing less than a marvel. It also has medicinal benefits and useful in minor cuts and burns.

Its traditional Ayurvedic formulation along with the cooling sensation has multiple benefits of providing relief from headache, tension, sleeplessness, Body ache and other hair related problems. The name Navratna comes from unique blend of 9 Ayurvedic herbs.
The Ingredients present in the product are all extracts from natural herbs. It does not have any chemical or biochemical substance that is harmful to human body.

• Keeps the head cool
  • Relieves headache
  • Helpful in sound sleep
  • An effective memory aid
  • Tones up body muscles
  • Removes tiredness
  • Useful in minor burns and cuts
  • A cool invigorating body massage oil
  • Prevents premature hair fall.
  • Navratna gives relief from - Sleeplessness, Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems.
  • It also has medicinal benefits.

MzJai

Ok just let me say....I LOVE THIS STUFF

I was in the UK recently and i went the the BBS (obsessed ...yes!)
I saw this and thought it was interesting and i've never seen it in the Indian store in BK. So i buy 3 bottles.
I come back and use this oil for my oil rinses...and HOOOOOOOOOOO take about tingle city!

The smell takes some getting used to but, I really really like it.
I have a small thinning area (it was slightly bald) and now from using it, my hair has started to grow back in nicely

i don't know if its the fact that the tingle stimulates the follicules but .......I LOVE IT!

flowinlocks

Ok just let me say....I LOVE THIS STUFF

I was in the UK recently and i went the the BBS (obsessed ...yes!)
I saw this and thought it was interesting and i've never seen it in the Indian store in BK. So i buy 3 bottles.
I come back and use this oil for my oil rinses...and HOOOOOOOOOOO take about tingle city!

The smell takes some getting used to but, I really really like it.
I have a small thinning area (it was slightly bald) and now from using it, my hair has started to grow back in nicely

i don't know if its the fact that the tingle stimulates the follicules but .......I LOVE IT!

That's good to know.

Zeal

I use this oil for pain relief and to help me sleep. On the scalp it has a cool tingly feeling. I only use it on nights when I'm sure I won't fall asleep. I massage a small amout in all over my head, and within a 30 to 40 mins I'm knocked out!:sleeping:Also if you have a sore or strained muscle or your feet hurt after a long day, this oil is a wonderful pain reliver.:yep: The only drawback is the smell. It's kinda like a cross between a nursing home and old lady/dollar store perfume.:barf: For this reason alone is why I don't use it that often but I do love keeping it on hand.

LOL! What's up with the smily face blowing chunks?

Last edited:

Zeal

I actually purchased a bottle about 2 months ago, and I actually purchased two more today.
My initial purchase was based on the ingredients.

YES, IT IS A COOLING FEELING AND THE SCALP TINGLES.

The guy in the store told me to get things when I see it as they get it shipped in from India and you never really know how the delivery is going to go.

I wish that I knew what they were saying.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YySAbFbOYBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8EpQt_-NsU&feature=related

It looks like the market for this is men (I don't care). I may be using this as a pre poo. ....And of course for pain after my workouts!

Zeal

The smell does not bother me. I kinda like it. After MTG anything smells good.

I will look up each ingredient and document the benfits later.

ilong

God's Own
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

Anyone still using this oil? I'm heading to the Indian grocer this weekend to stock up on Mahabhringaraj oil and pick up another bottle of Navratna oil.