My granny's (85) big chop!

Uniqzoe

My 85 year old grandmother decided that she is tired of relaxers so she decided to cut off her relaxed hair (big chop). For some reason she thinks that her hair is all kinds of nappy :lachen: but it's more of a curly texture and is super soft. I remember playing in it all the time as a kid.

When I asked her why she wanted to cut it she said the relaxer was thinning out her hair and she wanted to get some thickness back. Alright then Grandma!

The 1st pic is pre chop from about a year ago. And the other two are post chop with a lil Jane Carter in it (sorry not sure which product).

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG00058.jpeg
    IMG00058.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 823
  • Grandma.jpeg
    Grandma.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 819

mango387

Dog, OP! You're making miss my grandmother. Anyway, your granny's big chop is pretty. How long did she transition before cutting?

Uniqzoe

Dog, OP! You're making miss my grandmother. Anyway, your granny's big chop is pretty. How long did she transition before cutting?

Awww, I'm sorry! I'm not sure how long she transitioned, we don't live in the same city so she just called me one day and said that she was cutting her hair.

kupenda

Congrats! And she looks so happy! She made my heart grin a lil :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Platinum

Aww, she's beautiful! :clap: She looks like my maternal Grandmother. You could almost think they are sisters. Congratulations on your grandma's big chop.

LilMissRed

awww!!! missing my grandma too :( congrats on ur bc grandma, u look fab!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Uniqzoe

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. :heart2: She is a special lady! My Grandfather passed four years ago and he always liked her hair long so she mostly kept it longer for him. She cut it a few years ago but found it hard to keep up with the relaxer, so now she is loving the freedom of being natural. Plus I gave her some products to make her curls pop!

ChristmasCarol

She looks wonderful! I smile every time I see elderly women with natural hair. :grin:

You are truly blessed. Sadly, both my maternal and paternal grandparents were all deceased before I could know them.