Poll: Growth Aid Users, When are you going to stop using them?

When are you going to stop using growth aids?

• Never

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • When I'm half way to my goal.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • When I reach a milestone I've never reached.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • When I get to my ultimate goal.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I'll probaby always use them on and off.

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters

Charla

I just thinking today about the number of styles I'm avoiding right now because I want to have complete access to my scalp to apply my growth aid. (braids, sew-ins, twists, etc.) But I was also thinking about when I will stop using them.

My ultimate goal is MBL, however, I plan to stop using them when I reach APL since I've never been past SL and reaching APL will be a huge milestone. I expect to be to APL by next spring, and afterwards I'm content to let nature take it's course.

So what about you?

Saga

The Generous Queen
I pretty much will use them on and off in the future, even after I reach my ultimate goal (WL). Maybe not the topical aids, more so the supplements because they have other benefits aside from hair growth.

I rly just want hair long enough to bun right now because bunning seems to be the simplest protective style you can do, easy to take down and to put back up.

Your Cheeziness

The longest I've used them was 6 months straight. I was starting out on my hair thang and all I did was bun. When I started wearing my hair out and learning more styles, I wanted to enjoy my hair so I fell back. I haven't been able to get back on consistently since because I'd just rather enjoy my hair. And I'm lazy.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Once I run out of what I have (a little MegaTek left and some sulfur powder) I do not plan on repurchasing any growth aides.

These days I hardly remember to use the GA I have.

lesedi

All is well with me
I used to use megatek a couple of years ago then i gave up after about 4 months. It's too much admin. If my hair is growing slow, then that's the way it will have to be. I don't buy into the growth aid business no more. Most of the women with WL and beyond hair on this forum keep it hella simple anyway so.......

ScorpioBeauty09

I started Hairfinity 2 weeks ago after a setback cost me a year's retention. I know my hair can grow, I just wanted something to expedite the process lol. My ultimate goal is WL but I'll probably stop taking them once I make MBL.

kupenda

I will not stop taking MSM anytime soon. I have seen far too much in the health of my body and the clarity of my skin to stop taking it. And thts the only growth aid I use so...who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Charla

I pretty much will use them on and off in the future, even after I reach my ultimate goal (WL). Maybe not the topical aids, more so the supplements because they have other benefits aside from hair growth.

I rly just want hair long enough to bun right now because bunning seems to be the simplest protective style you can do, easy to take down and to put back up.

Yes, I'm ready for bun stage! It does seem so easy to protect your hair with buns (as long as it's done properly!)

I will not stop taking MSM anytime soon. I have seen far too much in the health of my body and the clarity of my skin to stop taking it. And thts the only growth aid I use so...who knows.

kupenda
So you're seeing growth with MSM internally? How much do you take?
I've progressively worked my way up to 3000 mg + 2000 mg Vit C in split doses. It's done great for my nails and skin, but I don't think I'm getting increased growth from it. I read you need at least 4000 mg to see increased growth, but I don't know.

kupenda

I never measured before I started taking it but I got at least two inches in two months. I took anywhere between 2000 to 4000 mg per day depending on if I remembered to take them. At the time I supplemented them with orange juice for the vitamin c, flax oil capsules (2000mg at least), and a lot of water. I also cowashed 2 times a week and DCed twice a week

transitioning?

I probably won't stop until I'm WL. Or at the end of the year if I don't get good growth

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Imani

I answered the question thinking about internal growth aids like biotin, msm, etc. I think once I reach my final goal (MBL) I will stop taking additional vits and just do a multi vitamin.

As far as topical growth aids, the only one I use is Bee Mine Sulfur. And I will continue to use that. The reason is bc I have this part of my hair that is just thin and fragile and grows slow and it will always need a little extra help. I mostly only apply it in that one area.

I just saw someone irl w/BSL hair the other day. And it just looked like ALOT of hair, I might stop taking growth aids at that point even if I haven't reached my final goal of MBL. Simply bc I will be too busy swanging my hair to be pressed:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Voted Never. :look:

I'll always keep something like that in my Stash. (Just because). Whether it's a Vitamin, Pomade, Mix, Spritz, Lotion, Oil.....some Product professing to be a "so called" Growth Aide will always be in my Stash.:lol:

frizzy

I voted: always...off & on. I use sulphured oil for a healthy scalp. I don't do anything internal or external for the sole purpose of growing hair.

The vitamins and supplements I take internally and topical potions I use externally are for overall health. I don't do either in excess, so I plan to keep doing what I'm doing, always.

SuchaLady

Im a never girl. I bought some MTG and threw it away the week after it arrived. It was all just too much when I stopped and thought about it. Plus I have never run across a MBL or WL lady on here that used growth aids. Im not trying to be negative but I think that just confirms my stance on this topic.

Goombay_Summer

I have never used growth aids in the past because I thought that I did not need them however I am currently WSL and I hope to achieve a much longer length/s and next month for the first time I am going to implement them in my regimen.

Charla

Im a never girl. I bought some MTG and threw it away the week after it arrived. It was all just too much when I stopped and thought about it. Plus I have never run across a MBL or WL lady on here that used growth aids. Im not trying to be negative but I think that just confirms my stance on this topic.

I think you read the question wrong lol! So you're saying you will never use them. I'm not familiar with all the MBL-WL ladies on here, but I know for sure NJoy used growth aids to get there.

Sianna

I voted that I'll probably always use them on and off, though I don't really know if I'll continue to use any type of growth aid once I reach my goal. :drunk:

Stormy

I voted on and off too. I usually take Biotin and a multivitamin, but for whatever reason I stopped a few months ago and I'm still getting great growth. But... for my edges, they were thin, damn near bald for a long time and since I've been using this Dr. Miracle Hot Spot their filling in quite nicely. No one would ever know now that my edges were near bald before. So, when I have a problem I'll definitely try a growth aid.

NYDee

I haven't felt any of my growth aides worked for me but I just started using Megatek and my roots seem thicker. I used it two years ago and experienced the same thing. I have thin strands and I need help with all the volume I can get. I only use it for few hours on my wash days (2x a week), so even when I get to my ultimate goal, I think I will keep doing this for the benefit of the fullness. I might stop taking some of the supplement though but I haven't decided yet since I like their overall benefit.

SuchaLady

Oh yes she did. I stand corrected.

I think you read the question wrong lol! So you're saying you will never use them. I'm not familiar with all the MBL-WL ladies on here, but I know for sure NJoy used growth aids to get there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

dancinstallion

I will never stop using them as long as live! I will skip a few months so it will be off and on but I will never ever stop using them as long as they keep giving me results!

iri9109

i voted on an off. my attention span doesn't really allow me to stick with alot of growth aide regimens...i often forget to take my vitamins or apply oils for a night or 2 and then i totally forget...but then a few months later or when im desperate for growth i remember again and start all over...i'm trying to be more consistent though.

LaidBak

I will always use growth aides. For me OCT works--period. So I use it; especially if I have a setback, or a weak area that needs to catch up with the rest of my head.
Biotin always worked for me, but I stopped taking it because of acne.

Carisa

I picked on and off. I will definitely slow down on growth aides once I reach my goal (or anywhere close to it)

mellymel05

I will always use them. I have seen such improvements in my hair that I will want to continue with what has helped my hair be healthy.