APL 2012 Challenge

Evolving78

trying this Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist on my new growth today. i am going to use it for the next few days to see how well my hair responds to it. so far so good, but it is very drying in my house. i bet my new growth will love this stuff if i go outside!

Sianna

Hooray for random updates!! :look::look:

:grin::grin::grin:

Sometimes I'm not really convinced my hair is growing/retaining especially since I've been slacking off on my regime. BIG TIME! :blush:

But, my hair seems to be hanging in there anyway. :lol:

Not sure if I'll make APL by the end of the year, but hopefully I'll be pretty close. Looks like I have at least another four inches to go.

Angela4769

^^girl don't give up. Use some product with a little hold and try a bantu knot out this weekend and if it doesn't work...pin that sucka up into a cute up-do. Hair pins to the rescue!!

Can you (or anyone) recommend a good product for hold on relaxed hair?

**Clarification...I need to know of a good product to use for hold on bantu knot-outs, braidouts, twistouts, etc...with no heat. Something that won't flake or be too hard.

Last edited:

Mjon912

Sometimes I'm not really convinced my hair is growing/retaining especially since I've been slacking off on my regime. BIG TIME! :blush:

Not sure if I'll make APL by the end of the year, but hopefully I'll be pretty close. Looks like I have at least another four inches to go.

Girl what are you talking about...your hair looks great and I bet it'll be APL by dec...stop slacking on your reggie...summer is almost here, a lot of people get a nice growth spurt in the warmer months so keep up your Reggie....hopefully youll be pleasantly surprised!!!!!:grin:

Mjon912

Today was my first time using the shescentit tahitian vanilla coconut leave in spray. oh.my.gosh. my hair feels amazing. Its so soft, detangled, shiny but not greasy looking, and smells great! Today was wash day so i clarified with my dr bronners castille soap/baking soda/water/oil/bentonite clay mix. DC's with giovanni SAS, did an acv rinse to seal, sprayed with aloe vera juice, the added the she scent it. Loved my results. Anyway, Im noticing ALOt of new growth in my cornrows, and Ive only had em for what, 2/3 weeks? Idk if its from the MN, sulfur, castor, frequent cowashing, idk. Also Ive been on a green smoothie fast maybe thats it?
HHG ladies!

Oh gosh, you just gave me something else to want...what is and acv rinse...I'm so about to hope on this MN bandwagon... Off to read the thread :grin:

PinkPeony

I think I will be wigging it till sept to give my hair a break.
Currently I'm moisturizing with deep condi then sealing with grease

diadall

Okay, so yesterday I met a friend's stylist. She wants to do my hair and I made an appointment for Friday. I am going to call to cancel.

1. Everyone including my friend had short hair...all clients are in pixie cuts.

2. She has only been a stylist for a year and is kind of cocky about.her hair knowledge. I need someine who will listen to me no matter how much experience they have...no one has more training on diadall hair than me.

3. Before I got it out of the bun she said I was due for a trim...she didn't know if I had one last week, last month or last year.

I ain't going!

lovebug10

Okay, so yesterday I met a friend's stylist. She wants to do my hair and I made an appointment for Friday. I am going to call to cancel.

2. She has only been a stylist for a year and is kind of cocky about.her hair knowledge. I need someine who will listen to me no matter how much experience they have...no one has more training on diadall hair than me.

3. Before I got it out of the bun she said I was due for a trim...she didn't know if I had one last week, last month or last year.

I ain't going!

Yeah I'm skeptical especially since she's so eager to trim your hair without looking at it first... NEXT

lovebug10

Almost out of Hairveda Whipped Creme & Vatika Frosting. When I first bought them, I thought they were a waste. Except now, I learned that U can only use a lot if I air dry and when I roller set and flat iron I should use it sparingly. So far so good and they leave my hair luscious and smelling so delicious.

I'm getting lots of short hairs when I comb at night. Probably has to do with the fact that I haven't been moisturizing properly for days or wrapping my hair at night. :nono: I think I'm gonna bun all through summer. I'm crossing my fingers for a growth spurt!

livinthevida

:lol: I have on a plastic cap, scarf, AND my winter granny cap. (I got that idea from Tressbuzz). I'm using my own body heat!
Great idea wearing the winter cap to bed Angela4769! Do you wear it every night? what are the results like in the AM?

I wear a Conditioning Cap every time I workout for my own body heat it gets really hot with all this hair in there :lol:

livinthevida

Today was my first time using the shescentit tahitian vanilla coconut leave in spray. oh.my.gosh. my hair feels amazing. Its so soft, detangled, shiny but not greasy looking, and smells great! Today was wash day so i clarified with my dr bronners castille soap/baking soda/water/oil/bentonite clay mix. DC's with giovanni SAS, did an acv rinse to seal, sprayed with aloe vera juice, the added the she scent it. Loved my results. Anyway, Im noticing ALOt of new growth in my cornrows, and Ive only had em for what, 2/3 weeks? Idk if its from the MN, sulfur, castor, frequent cowashing, idk. Also Ive been on a green smoothie fast maybe thats it?
HHG ladies!
lindsaywhat how did you get your hair to fall naturally in your siggie? :yep:

I'm already planning how to set my hair up for our June 30th length check! My last attempt to "stretch" my hair didn't exactly work as planned :lol: but this next time I'll get it right!

Angela4769

Great idea wearing the winter cap to bed @Angela4769! Do you wear it every night? what are the results like in the AM?

No, I don't wear it every night. Actually, I only wear it while I'm DCing. I wore it last night because I didn't feel like washing my oil prepoo out before I went to sleep. My hair was VERY moist this morning.

livinthevida

Good even edges @Sianna! You'll make APL this year only a few inches to go

Angela4769

For my DC today, I used Motions CPR, Queen Helene Cholesterol, EVOO, and HE Long Term Relationship. It came out soooo soft, and detangling was a piece of cake!:woot:

Mjon912

I ain't going!

Glad your following your gut...she could of Given you a major setback

livinthevida

I ain't going!
Good call diadall! Sometimes even those specially trained to style hair do not know our hair better than we do. She definitely should have been able to see at first glance your ends were trimmed already WOW!

Mjon912

So today I washed my hair...omg it came out so soft!!! I started with a prepoo with a heated up mix of honey, Kemi oil, grape seed oil, coconut milk, dr miracles go oil, jojoba oil, and essential oils for 2hours... Washed with Paul mitchel tea tree shampoo, Nexxus extra moisture shampoo n conditioner... Deep conditioned with LeKair cholesterol plus... Sprayed with its a 10 leave in and mane n tale detangler... Rubbed a quarter size amount of coconut milk oh my hair...as I was roller setting I rubbed a little Marrakesh oil and Profectiv healthy hair together and put on each section and rolled...sat under the dryer for an hour n a half and flat ironed my roots with silk elements heat protectant spray!

Wow that sounded like a lot, it really wasn't tho...but my hair hasn't felt this light in a long time and it smells so yummy!!! I really don't want to bun now, but I'm going to =(...

On another note I'm starting the MN challenge...as a relaxed head does anyone have an Ida of what I should mix the MN with, I don't moisturize my hair during the week, so I'm probably looking for an oil to mix it with...the oils I have are...jojoba oil, dr miracles go oil, grape seed oil, organic root stimulator olive oil in the jar, Argan oil, proclaim natural 7 oil, Agadir oil, kera care essential oils, Paul Mitchell super skinny serum,coconut milk, and Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer and Kemi oil....I would prefer to use one of these nice I already have them but how would go about using it? Just mix it with the mn and appy directly to my scalp? And also How often should. Wash my hair? Is once a week enough? Ugh questions questions questions!!!

Last edited:

skraprchik

Sitting here with Curlformers in my hair. I'm not sure whether I want to let it air dry or do a short stint under the hair dryer to make sure it's completely set. I love these things. They make updos so much easier.

NikkiQ

Mjon912 said:
So today I washed my hair...omg it came out so soft!!! I started with a prepoo with a heated up mix of honey, Kemi oil, grape seed oil, coconut milk, dr miracles go oil, jojoba oil, and essential oils for 2hours... Washed with Paul mitchel tea tree shampoo, Nexxus extra moisture shampoo n conditioner... Deep conditioned with LeKair cholesterol plus... Sprayed with its a 10 leave in and mane n tale detangler... Rubbed a quarter size amount of coconut milk oh my hair...as I was roller setting I rubbed a little Marrakesh oil and Profectiv healthy hair together and put on each section and rolled...sat under the dryer for an hour n a half and flat ironed my roots with silk elements heat protectant spray!

Wow that sounded like a lot, it really wasn't tho...but my hair hasn't felt this light in a long time and it smells so yummy!!! I really don't want to bun now, but I'm going to =(...

On another note I'm starting the MN challenge...as a relaxed head does anyone have an Ida of what I should mix the MN with, I don't moisturize my hair during the week, so I'm probably looking for an oil to mix it with...the oils I have are...jojoba oil, dr miracles go oil, grape seed oil, organic root stimulator olive oil in the jar, Argan oil, proclaim natural 7 oil, Agadir oil, kera care essential oils, Paul Mitchell super skinny serum,coconut milk, and Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer and Kemi oil....I would prefer to use one of these nice I already have them but how would go about using it? Just mix it with the mn and appy directly to my scalp? And also How often should. Wash my hair? Is once a week enough? Ugh questions questions questions!!!

Just wait for our resident MN expert to come through and she'll be able to answer your questions. All those oils sound SO yummy though so they may be able to be mixed. What are the ingredients in the Proclaim Natural 7?

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

pookaloo83

Took out my twists that I had in for a week. Deranged with conditioner and did a lil length check. Meh. Still looks like its at the same length. I need to watch more tutorials on how to take down twists. I had a couple that tangled bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-209461030.jpg
    image-209461030.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3308022212.jpg
    image-3308022212.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3485142191.jpg
    image-3485142191.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 46

NikkiQ

pookaloo83 said:
Took out my twists that I had in for a week. Deranged with conditioner and did a lil length check. Meh. Still looks like its at the same length. I need to watch more tutorials on how to take down twists. I had a couple that tangled bad.

What happened Pook????

livinthevida

Mjon912 you have that technique set right! It all sounds really good with all of the natural ingredients added to your reggie :yep:

Our very own jprayze started the Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012) and started a new thread - Let's talk about MN to gather feedback from other users of MN. It's in this thread BadMamaJama recommended chavascandy's videos on YouTube. chavascandy mixed her MN with Kids Organics Gro Strong Growth Stimulating Therapy. I viewed these 2 videos for a quick recap of her MN reggie:

How I Apply Miconazole Nitrate 'MN' to My Scalp
MN Challenge 2011 Results are In!

If you're joining the MN Challenge I'd like to hear your results over the next month. I may join after our next length check in June!

livinthevida

@pookaloo83 I love BeautifulBrwnBabyDol's videos on YouTube! Since joining LHCF I'm always on the search for good how to videos in my HHJ and really enjoy watching BeautifulBrwnBabyDol. She has a good video here on Natural Hair: How to Take Down Your Twists (Avoid Knots and Tangles)

KaramelKutie803

Just stoping in to say thanks again to you ladies. I'm really starting to love my natural hair now & can't believe I thought about slapping that texture softner in it. I just bought Cantu Shea Butter Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream and I love it. It smells great and has a nice thick, creamy texture to it. I did a twist-out with it on freshly co-washed hair with a little bit of HE LTR Leave-In. I pulled my hair up into a puff and wore it out today.

NikkiQ

^^^^Glad we were able to talk you off the texturizer ledge lady. Your hair looks great! What did you use to slick down the front??