2011 APL Challenge

Sianna

We are actually starting pretty close. Your hair may be longer than mine since I trimmed this weekend. Let's represent the SL girls Sianna.

Here's where my nape lands.

View attachment 123801

Hey we are pretty close!

I ended up taking a pic. It's just a stretched, combed out twist, but I think you get the idea. Check it out.

If my retention holds up fairly well over the next few months, I just might be flirting with APL by the end of the year! :grin:

ETA: Please ignore back fat!!! :blush: I really need to start working out! :rolleyes:

faithVA

@faithVA girl you are funny lol. No bowing necessary (although here's the emoticon for future reference- :worship2: :grin:).....I think I got lucky is all, especially since they seem to love us higly textured gals and it doesn't get much more highly textured than dis right here :lol:

Your ends look really good though since your trim :yep:

Well that's no fair :tantrum: How dare you be lucky. jk... glad you don't have the issue.

Thanks about my trim. I am glad to be done trimming for the year :yahoo: Going to hide my scissors.

faithVA

[USER=233618 said:
Sianna[/USER];14168569]Hey we are pretty close!

I ended up taking a pic. It's just a stretched, combed out twist, but I think you get the idea. Check it out.

If my retention holds up fairly well over the next few months, I just might be flirting with APL by the end of the year! :grin:

ETA: Please ignore back fat!!! :blush: I really need to start working out! :rolleyes:

Back fat? Girl i went to see where APL was and I couldn't figure out which roll underneath my arm I was supposed to be measuring to :lachen: I didn't even know they were there. Who looks under their arm :look:

Ok, I'm going to drag you through this challenge with me to keep me from getting bored. We can be running mates.

Sianna

faithVA, you are too hilarious girl!

Okay, count me in as an unofficial challenger! No need to drag me through, I'll run with ya! :yep:

Here's looking forward to APL. It'll be the first time my hair has ever been that long! Has your hair ever been that long before faith?

faithVA

[USER=233618 said:
Sianna[/USER];14169689]@faithVA, you are too hilarious girl!

Okay, count me in as an unofficial challenger! No need to drag me through, I'll run with ya! :yep:

Here's looking forward to APL. It'll be the first time my hair has ever been that long! Has your hair ever been that long before faith?

I think my hair has been between SL and APL. I tried to find some pictures but I hate taking pictures :lol: I think its shameful though that I can't tell you if I've ever been a certain length. I know I've never been BSL though.

So let's get our swang on girl. I'm going to swing it like its the first time. :look:

Incognitus

With the color and the previous extensions I had when I took my tiwst out last year the bottom 3" of my hair was SSKs. There was no dusting or anything that was going to help. So for a year I've had 3" of SSKs just hanging out at the bottom. It was bad enough where I knew I wouldn't be ale to do a curl set. So this was major SSKs not just the annoying kind. :lol:

This is the problem I was having as well. I recently gave myself a trim to rid myself of them. I think I got most of them. It was hard trimming since many of them were several inches up my hair shaft! I must admit that I feel so much better now, knowing that they're gone.

Gemini350z

Im praying that I will reach APL by December 31st ....

Here is where I was back in September 2010:

Here is where I am as of today, just washed, air dried and Flatironed:

faithVA

Gemini350z

Well, I guess so, the sides are about two inches away from APL. My back may be there but its not BSL/BSB yet. I feel like I have 3 more inches to go to reach BSL in the back.

My main issue is keeping length on the sides, especially my right side, its a tad shorter then the other. I think my pocketbook may be the culprit. And then again, my sides seem to grow slower, its a different texture.

OhTall1

I'm at 15 weeks post, and I did a dusting, wash and roller set today. I actually had an appointment for a relaxer this afternoon, but I cancelled. I'm not sure if I want to transition w/o a BC or if this is just going to be a stretch. Until then, I'll just keep using my hair toys to protect my ends.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'd like to join this challenge, hoping to make APL by year's end...

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Last edited:

bride91501

^^Whatchu mean "hoping"? Chile please! As my last relaxer/BC twin, you know we gotta claim our length milestones together :lol:

You'll be there for sure by the end of October. There- I've claimed it for you.

And your hair's looking mucho healthy these days missy :yep:....

MyAngelEyez~C~U

^^Whatchu mean "hoping"? Chile please! As my last relaxer/BC twin, you know we gotta claim our length milestones together :lol:

You'll be there for sure by the end of October. There- I've claimed it for you.

And your hair's looking mucho healthy these days missy :yep:....

Awe, thanks for the vote of confidence! Made me crack a grin! I needed that! And yes we WILL be APL by year's end at the latest!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Shananyganz

CHECKING IN!

I don’t have much of an update. Took down this last protective style (kept in for a month) and did a REALLY good wash with a treatment as follows:

- Pre-pooed with Vo5 Moisture Milk (Strawberry) to detangle and twist my hair. (Covered with a plastic cap, scarf, and bonnet and left in overnight)
- Washed with Giovanni Clarifying Shampoo followed by Nourish Spa Shampoo
-Applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor focusing on my ends and rinsed with lukewarm water after 5 minutes
- Applied Roux Porosity Control and just kind of massaged through my hair for a spell and rinsed.
- Deep Conditioned with ORS Replenishing pack for 3 - 4 hours, also added a quarter size of porosity control on top of ORS just because (covered twisted hair with plastic cap and then wrapped my towel around my head
- Followed my DC with Nourish Spa Conditioner and rinsed with cold water
- To finish, I detangled a little further, moisturized with a mixture of Shea Butter and Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and sealed with a mixture of almond, olive, and castor oil and air dried in twist.

** I only wash like this after a long-term (one month or more) PS removal, otherwise I co-wash and use shampoo only when/as needed.

Later this eve I will put my hair in a bun. My plan is to hold out from doing anything else to my hair (PS-wise) until I get my install (professional) at the end of this month. We shall see.

As for the porosity control, I think it’s too new to really say how well/if my hair is responding to the product. What I WILL say is that it immediately felt better and seemed to respond well to my DC (as if pulling in and keeping the moisture…which it didn’t before), but really I refuse to sing praises until some time has passed.

What I WILL speak on is how rude and disrespectful my crown area has gotten over time. I am at a TOTAL loss as to how to deal with this rebellious section of mine. I generally try to hit that area with positive reinforcement, such as:: You are such a good section of hair…you gonna act right this wash…you gonna detangle at first touch and feel like fluffy cotton..on and on. And when I tell you my crown gives me the Baby Louis side-eye and treats me like I stole her favorite hair product on purpose!! UGH…I will figure something out..cause my personality type just can’t deal with blatant disorderly conduct.

On a lighter note.. I DID get my ½ inch!! And it looks like it is still on my head.

~S~

ATLcutey20

I finally decided to flat iron my hair after a year of no direct heat.

So just when I finally get a strand of hair to graze APL, my ends are RAGGEDY. :whyme: I will be getting a 2inch trim/cut. I should still be able to make APL by Dec.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Imani

Hey we are pretty close!

Sianna Looking good!! :yep: So excited for you, trust me we are >here< as far as never having long hair before. Its almost surreal to even think of having APL hair.

clairelynette

It was Spring last time I updated and now it's quickly turning into Autumn. I meant to post a comparison picture in July, but alas this summer was dreadfully busy. This is a comparison photo of my hair at the beginning of the year January/February and mid-August sometime. I'm not sure if I'll reach my goal by the end of this year or after a full year in January/February though I think I'll come close.

I have the good luck of having uneven ends since I never bothered to reshape it when I first cut off all the damaged hair last year. Right now I'm quite okay with its being uneven since it's solely aesthetics that would bring me to cut it. The left side is longer and thicker than the right, but the right side had a longer way to go anyway. I'll probably even it up come late Spring next year. Overall, I'm happy with my progress and should be seeing my goal of mid-back length by the end of the next year!

Attachments

• Hair Progress 2011.jpg
    Hair Progress 2011.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 43

SmilingElephant

Okay...so i know i'm supposed to be hiding my hair....but i cain't hepp maself!!!:grin:

September Braidout Fro APL.jpg

Look at how close i am to APL!

I'm scared to claim it right now tho:lol:

Seamonster

If I stretch my hair I have a layer that reaches APL, but I would like my middle hair to reach it, do I qualify for this challenge? My hair looks shoulder length

Imani

Still counting down; 10 more days til length check day! I'm so impatient.

My nape is soooo long (to ME, lol). Parts of it is definitely at least grazing APL. But I can't let myself get too excited. That hair grows so fast back there, I will have a mullet and a good bit of it will have to be trimmed bc the rest of my hair will be disproportionately shorter. So I'm still looking at hopefully Thanksgiving.

Shananyganz

Checking In!

I've been bunning and I am low-key bored. I'm scheduled to get an install at the end of the month...so just trying to hold out and be patient. In other news, I am APL in the back and on the (lower) sides...my bangs are just not having it. With that said (unoffically) APL ya'll!!

I'm planning on a trim with my install at the end of the month. Although I've been trying to just ignore my hair (constant length checks) for the most part---I've been paying attention to my ends and they are in decent condition.

Very excited to see what comes next!

~S~

faithVA

Checking In!

I've been bunning and I am low-key bored. I'm scheduled to get an install at the end of the month...so just trying to hold out and be patient. In other news, I am APL in the back and on the (lower) sides...my bangs are just not having it. With that said (unoffically) APL ya'll!!

I'm planning on a trim with my install at the end of the month. Although I've been trying to just ignore my hair (constant length checks) for the most part---I've been paying attention to my ends and they are in decent condition.

Very excited to see what comes next!

~S~

Congratulations Shananyganz! Even if it is unofficial I can congratulate you right? :lol: