her hair...

mech

I kind of agree with this. I mean I can appreciate beautiful hair in all it's many forms, but I'm not really able to derive any type of inspiration from hair so vastly dissimilar to my own.

That being said, I still think her hair is lush and quite beautiful. :)

i can understand ppl feeling that way. but when i saw that pic, i was like "i cannot WAIT until my hair gets that long" and i have 4b locs lol. just cause her hair texture is different from yours doesnt mean you can't grow your own long, luscious hair. that sounds like a complex to me:spinning:.

CrissieD

Her hair is beautiful. The eye makeup is on point. As for the side argument I am sure we all know black people w/ hair like that.
Seacrest out

toiatoya

i always like to see both sides of the story. on one hand, it's true that it can be frustrating to fawn over and aspire to have hair that is just not achievable for u. on the other hand, there can be people within your race, and even TEXTURE that has hair unachievable for YOU. Everyone's hair is different, and yes it may have been an eye-rolling moment to come into this forum and see this particular woman, but we must keep in perspective that while we gain INSPIRATION from pictures of others, we must gain our confidence from within. Hugz to all and happy hair-ing lol. SMILE!!!

Qtee

I luv her artwork..I want sum prints and to ....ahhhh..meet ....sum of the models:ohwell::perplexed:lick:(strictly for artistic purposes only:fallenang...)

LongLeggedLife

There are just as many Afro-Brazilians who are light skinned as there are dark-skinned. I don't know who this hair comes from and it'd be kinda silly to engage in a back and forth convo about where my weave comes from. But I doubt this hair is from Brazil and second, we all know it was probably just named that to increase the odds of Black women buying it.

I agree that it probably isnt from Brazil, more than likely its straight off the head of an asian-indian/middle eastern woman just like maj. of all other human hair weaves. Bottom line is, the woman wasnt no kinda black, and we know this maaan, lets not be in denial:/

The point [which you are avoidingLOL] is, how can you say its wrong for someone to admire another race of woman's hair IN A PICTURE, when you are going about with another race of woman's hair attached to your head?
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so the saying goes....

blueberryd

It's nice...could very well be weave tho...am I the only one who sees that hump in the back? ijs....

Sianna

i can understand ppl feeling that way. but when i saw that pic, i was like "i cannot WAIT until my hair gets that long" and i have 4b locs lol. just cause her hair texture is different from yours doesnt mean you can't grow your own long, luscious hair. that sounds like a complex to me:spinning:.

Do you mean your hair is in locs? If that's the case, then of course your hair can get to that length. For obvious reasons, we all know that there's pretty much no limit to how long locs can grow as long as you keep your roots and scalp healthy. If I misunderstood, and you don't have locs, then I'm glad you were able to draw inspiration from her hair.:)

And, as far as me having a "complex," I do not. I simply recognize the fact that her hair is not like mine. And my experience in life has been, that if I see a head of long flowing hair, it is more likely to look something like hers than it is to share any similarities with my own.

The bottom line is that her hair, as beautiful as it is, does nothing to inspire me personally, while hair that looks more like my own does.

Period.

NikkiQ

Can we just leave it at the fact that her hair is gorgeous? Whether you see her as inspiration or not, there's no need to make this about anything more than celebrating a lovely head of hair. My hair is nowhere near her texture, but I can appreciate it. Who cares if she's not black, have 4b hair, or that you THINK it may be weave. This forum is about healthy hair no matter who head it's on.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
lovely jet black hair! lawd i will never quit using that revlon blue black, so help me God.
and bobraz ain't nothing but some processed Indian/Malay hair to make curls. lol.

this thread feels so soo familiar. I think we get the exact same range of responses over folks in ET posting up pictures of beautiful white/Kardashian womens. from "don't bring that up in hurr-we need to 'preciate black womens" to "kumbayah, beauty is beauty, no matter the color."

virtuenow

sure@ your point. however, i was looking at the length, thickness, color and overall health of her hair. texture wasn't a factor to me. ppl fawn over chime's hair all the time and, as you would say, her hair texture isn't typical for most black women. point being, it's done because it's inspirational for all hair types to aspire to long, thick, and healthy hair, no matter the texture.

Actually her texture is typical for black women. Its her shrinkage (or lack thereof) that becomes unrealistic to most of us. Her texture is quite kinky, but she has 0-10%shrinkage, kuh-ray-zay:ohwell:.

curlyninjagirl

lovely jet black hair! lawd i will never quit using that revlon blue black, so help me God.
and bobraz ain't nothing but some processed Indian/Malay hair to make curls. lol.

this thread feels so soo familiar. I think we get the exact same range of responses over folks in ET posting up pictures of beautiful white/Kardashian womens. from "don't bring that up in hurr-we need to 'preciate black womens" to "kumbayah, beauty is beauty, no matter the color."

Kumbayah...

mech

Do you mean your hair is in locs? If that's the case, then of course your hair can get to that length. For obvious reasons, we all know that there's pretty much no limit to how long locs can grow as long as you keep your roots and scalp healthy. If I misunderstood, and you don't have locs, then I'm glad you were able to draw inspiration from her hair.:)

And, as far as me having a "complex," I do not. I simply recognize the fact that her hair is not like mine. And my experience in life has been, that if I see a head of long flowing hair, it is more likely to look something like hers than it is to share any similarities with my own.

The bottom line is that her hair, as beautiful as it is, does nothing to inspire me personally, while hair that looks more like my own does.

Period.

and yes, the former, my hair is in locs. there's no limit to how long anyone's hair can grow when their scalp, roots, and ends are healthy, so miss me with the dismissive attitude of loc growth.

and ok@ the rest.

koolkittychick

All the arguments about her race/hair aside, this girl is a crazy talented photographer and I would love to have some of her prints.

And have...er...meet her models...to discuss photography...yeah. :lick: