W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

regina07

@JJamiah yes I need one! I don't know why I'm itching for a blunt cut! My hair is hella thick which is why I always had short layers.

I still may cut my 2 inches off my tail in December. It'll still be at BSL! LOL!

bebezazueta - I'm in for an intervention! If your hair doesn't grow in a blunt style, why fight it? Step away from the scissors -- better yet, bury them in the yard! :yep:

DearJohn

I am jealous ya'll. But that is ok ya'll keeping me on my game so that one day I'll be all up in this challenge talking ish. WHIP LENGTH 2014 HERE I COME!!!:look::lachen:

Ya'll are my hair idols. muah and good luck ladies.

Last edited:

Lucia

bebezazueta - I'm in for an intervention! If your hair doesn't grow in a blunt style, why fight it? Step away from the scissors -- better yet, bury them in the yard! :yep:

bebezazueta

I 2nd that, step away from the scissors, I blunt cut and all it did was mess up my hair length goals, cause technically if I hadn't cut I would be Whip already, I'm just saying. :look:

bebezazueta

regina07 & Lucia thanks! Yall are right on time. Wisdom & advice is so on point. I been bad. I need to throw away my scissors. I cut like at least 3-5 inches in different spots on my head this year. :look: I should be WL but oh wells. My ends are nice so I'll just NOT wear my hair straight. Good thing I'm getting a salonsrus dryer for Christmas so I can Rollerset.

I was going to trim again next month but I'll skip it. I been trimming & NOT dusting monthly since July. I need to be spanked!

I have decided to leave the scissors alone until March 2012. Help!!!!!!!!

bigbrowneyez

Here's my starting pic! I trimmed about .5in off the tips. I have 2in til WL and 5in total til HL, so about 3.5in to WHIP length.

My goal is 1) STOP getting trims by SHS (I would've been at WHIP had I not been chasing blunt ends)...I know my hair grows uneven but the ends are never split or raggedy 2) Be at full WL by April, WHIP by September, and HL by December. I think I can manage if I keep the scissors away and continue to protective style. :yep: Let's do this!

Attachments

• DSC01171.JPG
    DSC01171.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 84

Mische

I'm lurking in this thread debating on whether to join and just have to say:

bigbrowneyez the shape of your hair is absolutely perfect. Your ends are in terrific shape.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Did I join this challenge? If not, then this is me joining. LOL

Figured I'm bound to get here in 2012 by Dec than the HL 2012 CHALLENGE. Getting a relaxer in a few weeks so that'll be my starting pic. Hopefully I can claim MBL then I will only have 4 inches from waist. *all smiles*

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

regina07

Oh yeah ... I'm trying this for Christmas. I want to rock the curls, too! Thanks!

Thanks @regina07! Before setting, I washed, added leave-in conditioner, and sealed with just a few drops of safflower oil, which gets me some shine. Then, I rolled my hair vertically on 1-inch rollers, with plain water.

Mische

@bebezazueta Aw, thanks! This will be my first official challenge, looking forward to it.

A) List your Reggie
I will shampoo 1x a week, followed by my protein reconstructor and moisture DC. Airdry either straight down using the scarf method or in 6-8 braids. I will only use direct heat after a fresh relaxer--so 4x in 2012. I will stretch relaxers to 12 weeks and not experiment like I did this summer which resulted in a slight setback. I plan to dust more frequently next year because my fine hair tends to look thin towards the ends.

B) # of inches til whip or hip length
I think like 3" til Whip. I'm short. :lol:

C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol
Too many to name, honestly.

I will post a starting pic at the end of the year.

rririla

Hello whip divas! Thanks for your patience! I finally updated the challenge list. It's never too late to join. We need each other's support.

Welcome to @baladi0822 @nerdography @vestaluv1 @blackberry815 @Janet' @Sondice
@pre_medicalrulz @Sho_iz_pretty @bigbrowneyez

And to @beauti @rririla @Mische I'm adding yall beautiful heads of hair to this challenge. :look:

Thanx Bebe....but this is gonna be a stretch, however since u called me out I'm gonna come back with a starting pic and all the other info when I wake up. lol...How was your Holiday btw?....miss ya lady.

JJamiah

I washed my hair last night and it was horrible.

I started early afternoon and was so lazy and tired I didn't finish until about 11:45pm

Honestly I was dreading washing, and while washing dreading it still. About 9:30pm Mr. says so R you washing that stuff out, So I had to get to rinsing and steaming in my Alter Ego.

Afterwards :lick: I was like wow, I like, and I could tell it grew just a smidge :yep: HUH, Will be cutting some of it but my hair grows from Sept/October to March/April. THEN it creeps about 1/8 of an inch a month for the rest of the year. :nono: crazy head of mine.

I will be hiding it until April 2012, I am sure this will work for me.

I might hide the whole year not sure. ALOT going on in 2012. :)
I don't want hair to be on my mind! At all!

But I still have to take care of it right?

beauti

And to @beauti @rririla @Mische I'm adding yall beautiful heads of hair to this challenge. :look:[/QUOTE]

aw hell it was quite ambitious of me to sign up for that HL in 2012 challenge so why not this one,too! more than likely i'll just make it it waist but lemme dream! :lol:

A) List your Reggie
dont really have one, the only thing that is consistant is my protective styling by hiding my hair. products i'm using right now are:CON creme shampoo, silicon mix bamboo con, mixture of suave coconut con and castor oil as a moisterizer
B) # of inches til whip or hip length not sure...will post starting pic on jan1st
C) Tell us your LHCF HL goal idol

Babygurl
sylver2
FlowerHair
BeautifulESQ
silverlotus
Candy828
BostonMaria
MsKibibi
divinempress

*used to stalk their albums faithfully when i first started my journey
they might not all be at HL but they inspired me nontheless :yep:

rririla

FIRST CHALLENGE EVER.....PEER PRESSURE I TELL YA':rolleyes:.....

So here it goes...

1) LIST REGGIE:

WEN GINGER PUMPKIN OR CO-WASH WITH TRADER JOE'S TEA TREE CON.
ADD LEAVE IN (CURRENTLY HAVE 3 IN ROTATION), AND A LIL QHEMET BIOLOGICS, SEAL WITH COCONUT OIL.
AIR DRY IN POCAHONTAS BRAIDS OR ROLLERSET

SHAMPOO/DC 2X A MONTH

HENNA ONCE A MONTH

2) # OF INCHES TIL WHIP OR HIP LENGTH....:ohwell: Lord only knows, I feel like it might be about 8 inches but it may as well be 16 inches as slow as my hair grows

3)LHCF GOAL IDOL.....2 MANY TO NAME...SOME I ADMIRE FOR THE THICKNESS AND SOME I ADMIRE FOR THE LENGTH. I WOULD BE NAMING ABOUT 75% OF THE BOARD IF YOU LET ME.:look:

ALSO WILL BE DUSTING EVERY 3 MONTHS, SO WHIP LENGTH REALISTICALLY IS GOING TO BE 2013 FOR ME....I HOPE:perplexed

***MY SIGGY IS MY STARTING PIC***

Last edited:

JJamiah

Sometimes it is about changing it up a little to get over the hump. SOmething is keeping it there.