the imitation CURLFORMERS.. (as seen on tv)

mEmYSELFaNDj

^^They look good. I've never tried those though. The only thing that concerns me is since the lengths on those are only 7" and 13" as your hair grows you wont be able to use them, or you'll only be able to use them on your ends. Curlformers have different lengths to choose from.

I found some other imitation curlformers on ebay that are nearly exactly like the real ones and although they aren't as cheap as the ones in the OP, they are cheaper then the real Curlformers. Maybe you check those out.

Here's the post I put on the Curlformers tips thread:
Oh and fyi: Last week I bought a bunch knockoff long and extra wide curlformers from off of ebay. Those ones weren't the real curlfomers but great knockoffs I almost can't tell the difference between my real ones and the knockoffs, the only difference is the width of the opening is a tad bit smaller and the hook is blue instead of gray, other than that they are just as good as the real ones and even better because they are cheaper and you get more. They sell the different sizes, but I only see one size for sale on ebay today.

If anyone is interested in those here's the link to one of their auctions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LONG-Hai...692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2313b5a0fc

and here's there blog with pics:

http://roufiesfaves.blogspot.com

ellegantelle

^^They look good. I've never tried those though. The only thing that concerns me is since the lengths on those are only 7" and 13" as your hair grows you wont be able to use them, or you'll only be able to use them on your ends. Curlformers have different lengths to choose from.

I found some other imitation curlformers on ebay that are nearly exactly like the real ones and although they aren't as cheap as the ones in the OP, they are cheaper then the real Curlformers. Maybe you check those out.

Here's the post I put on the Curlformers tips thread:

Some of the Sally's are selling curlformers 10 for 11.99 (short and wide) and 12.99 (wide and long) (beauty club card price) in a package.

So if you get two packages, you can get 20 for around the same price. And just buy a hook separately (which is around the same price as the seller is charging for shipping).

I was thinking about getting some of the bootleg curlformers and two packages of the real curlformers. Then I would probably put the bootleg longer ones in the center of my head.

mEmYSELFaNDj

^^ viciousdreamr02 You're right that is like the same price for that size. Hmm.. thanks for pointing that out.

But I guess it depends on which ones you get. I bought the long and extra wide knockoff ones 16ea for $25. Which was a deal because Sallys sells only 4ea for 12.99(beauty club price). So at Sallys if I bought 16ea(4 packs) that would be $51.96.

Zay-neey

i have them and i have the real curlformers. i like the real curlformers better. i also feel its a better deal to buy the curlformers since they come in packs of all the same size. while magic leverag come with longer and shorter rollers. Also curlformers are constructed better, they are more gentle on the scalp, because the base of the roller if a rubber material, and cut on a angle. while the magic leverag's base is plastic and cut square.

BUT the results do come out the same. I bought my magic leverag off of ebay.Really cheap, came from china, and took like 2 weeks !!

CandyCurls

I bought mine from afriktrends too. I also have the Leverag ones and my hair is already too long on the sides to use them. Even the blue and green ones are too short for my bangs. Judging from your fotki pics, you'll grow out of them really quickly. Plus, you're going to need a LOT of rollers for a full head. I have 32 of the red and yellow and 21 of the pink and orange and I still have to use bigger sections to avoid running out. I'm not sure if you're natural or relaxed, but that could make a difference. Either way, you'll probably only make good use out of half the kit.

I also agree with Zay-neey, the quality of the Leverag rollers are not as good.

tiffjust2002

I have them and yes they are only good for short hair, I used them on my daughter's hair while her hair was in a high ponytail

hothair

Is it possible to use two at a time (ie put two rollers on the stick and attach to hair-for longer hair.

LadyMacgyver

I have it but haven't used it yet and I wasn't worried if my hair grows and I can't use them anymore I would only be out of $8.68.. I got 2 packs for that price.. I couldn't pull up the link on my work computer said Malware.. I got mine from ebay they did ship from China but that took about 3 weeks..

blue_flower

I have them and yes they are only good for short hair, I used them on my daughter's hair while her hair was in a high ponytail

This is true. When I put curlformers on my hair, I can only put them on the ends. I end up with a look that I don't like, flat up top but curly ends. I prefer my wrap, snap, and go rollers.

tiffjust2002

Is it possible to use two at a time (ie put two rollers on the stick and attach to hair-for longer hair.

I keep meaning to test that out but I haven't tried it yet I whould this weekend though they have a pretty good grip on them so I don't see why you couldn't but ya never know, I'll have to try it and report back :yep:

lovegymnasts

I purchased those, also from China. The wand is cheap and sucks. It kept coming apart. They are definitely only good for short hair.