Best deep conditioners for relaxed heads

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Gymmy! Did you see my post about Joico on sale at Trade Secret? I got the Moisture Recovery Line; I'm going back for K-Pak and Silk Result. How do you use the balm - after a regular conditioner and use it like a DC or what?

Sorry for the hijack!

gymfreak336

Gymmy! Did you see my post about Joico on sale at Trade Secret? I got the Moisture Recovery Line; I'm going back for K-Pak and Silk Result. How do you use the balm - after a regular conditioner and use it like a DC or what?

Sorry for the hijack!

I will swing through there tomorrow. That balm, you're going to love it. I think the directions say to leave it on for 5-10 minute...I think....can't remember. I used to use balm for 5 minutes with heat and then let it cool and rinse.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
ORS replenishing. Even after the formula change, its still the best moisturizing DC I've ever used. Ever. My hair is coarse and doesn't let moisture in easily (don't let the relaxed siggy pic fool 'ya), so I need DCs to pull thru big time. Strangely enough,I find it works best with just bodyheat (wrap ur head in a towel) for about an hour or even overnight.

ETA: and its cheap! :yep:

Last edited:

laurend085

That's strange about the Keracare Humecto b/c that's what my stylist had used as a deep condition and it seemed to work fine. So I should use the mask or reconstructor instead?

simone103

That's strange about the Keracare Humecto b/c that's what my stylist had used as a deep condition and it seemed to work fine. So I should use the mask or reconstructor instead?

I think Keracare Humecto is fine to use as a deep conditioner especially if your hair is on the dry side - plus if it works for you I don't see why you should stop using it.

simone103

A really good reconstructor that I used to use was Nexxus Keraphix (original formula). I think my hair was probably in the best condition that it ever was in when I was using that. But I stopped using it because it was just too expensive. Nexxus also changed the ingredients to Keraphix which I've heard is not nearly as good as the original. I did, however, see the original formula in my local CVS for $18.99 a bottle. I may have to just break down and buy it.

sharifeh

Thank you Artemis and gymfreak once again for your valuable postings. You ladies are MVPS most valuable posters....

I use
mizani moisturfuse
silicon mix

mixed with coconut oil and honey

Artemis

Hello again.

I had hoped that what I posted was clear, but to some of you it wasn't.

No one is saying that Humecto is bad, or does not do anything for your hair. Continue to use it for replenishing moisture into the hair on a frequent and regular basis. Moisture conditioners are quite often misinterpreted and misused in an attempt to do for the hair what deep penetrating treatments do more efficiently. Both are to be used in tandem to resolve a lot of the issues people post having on this board, as you will see if you read the Syed article I provided.

The purpose of me posting this information was to let you know that many of you utilize some really great and effective products in a way that is misleading. In expecting a product to do more than what is designed to do is just...choosing my words...misguided.

The hope was also that if one presented valid information beyond the borders of this website and its hopeful speculation, that some of you would be prompted to do your own research and try your products in such a way as they were intended. Maybe you will, and maybe you won't. None of my business either way. However, this was not intended for you to "freak out" as they say, and worry about purchasing this or reusing that. I am certain that many of you all (esp. product junkies that listed more than one product for this thread) have real deep conditioners at home. Its just that Humecto (and one other one I will NOT mention due to prospective hysteria) isn't one of them.

I do believe that if you simply take an objective eye to the labels of the products you already own, using the information I gave that you will be able to figure it out and properly apply these notes to your own hair, for your own journey. To be candid, there have been/are so many members on this board that have spent countless hours researching and taking an objective and even scientific approach to this science of hair that it seems only fair that the rest of you do the same.

Cheers,
A.

Last edited:

BrownieBrie

I use Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer mixed with Aussie 3 minute miracle (either one). Nothing works like this combo and I have been looking for years.

gorgeoushair

Hello again.

No one is saying that Humecto is bad, or does not do anything for your hair. Continue to use it for replenishing moisture into the hair on a frequent and regular basis. Moisture conditioners are quite often misinterpreted and misused in an attempt to do for the hair what deep penetrating treatments do more efficiently. Both are to be used in tandem to resolve a lot of the issues people post having on this board, as you will see if you read the Syed article I provided.

The purpose of me posting this information was to let you know that many of you utilize some really great and effective products in a way that is misleading. In expecting a product to do more than what is designed to do is just...choosing my words...misguided.

The hope was also that if one presented valid information beyond the borders of this website and its hopeful speculation, that some of you would be prompted to do your own research and try your products in such a way as they were intended. Maybe you will, and maybe you won't. None of my business either way. However, this was not intended for you to "freak out" as they say, and worry about purchasing this or reusing that. I am certain that many of you all (esp. product junkies that listed more than one product for this thread) have real deep conditioners at home. Its just that Humecto (and one other one I will NOT mention due to prospective hysteria) isn't one of them.

I do believe that if you simply take an objective eye to the labels of the products you already own, using the information I gave that you will be able to figure it out and properly apply these notes to your own hair, for your own journey. To be candid, there have been/are so many members on this board that have spent countless hours researching and taking an objective and even scientific approach to this science of hair that it seems only fair that the rest of you do the same.

Cheers,
A.

Sorry but what is the other one(send me a pm) After reading all you posted, I'm still lost. I actually thought Humecto was a moisturizing DC. I know that all conditioners are not deep conditioners even when used w/ heat like Suave,etc. I guess I will have to do some research......or how about we just do a sticky or something and list conditioners that are true DC's or do we have a thread already?

gorgeoushair

Here's my list of fav DC's
GVP Conditioning Balm
Silk Elements Cholesterol
Dark n Lovely Cholesterol
Motions CPR
Regis Hydrating Balm
Profectiv Growth Masque

I hope all of these are actually deep conditioners, if not, please let me know.

gorgeoushair

Hi everyone, I was recently asked to come back and clarify this discussion.

The quotes in this post are endorsing that Humecto is actually not a deep conditioning treatment, but that this product is actually solely a moisturizing conditioner. There are many threads in the archives of this board [by Supergirl and others] that explains that a real deep conditioner in a real context contains proteins and does more than simply provide moisture to the hair due to hydrolized ingredients and molecular weight formulations. Humecto is a frequent-use conditioner that helps prevent moisture loss, but is not something you want to rely on for your dc. It is deep penetrating so that the moisture will last longer in between washes as compared to other products on the market, but not as moisturizing as a deep conditioning treatment. It's tricky because most of us don't need deep conditioners as much as you think any way (yes, I am referring that other thread by that newbie that got her opinions handed to her...so sad).

What thread was this?

laurend085

Artemis- I'm sorry that u were irritated by the confusion. Could u give examples of products or the most used/talked about products here and tell what's an actual dc and what isn't like someone suggested? No, I'm not trying to avoid doing the research myself but I think it would also be helpful to those that are new or trying to build a regimen and don't know what half the stuff on here is neway. Just like there are examples of other types of products.

sozinzcomet

ORS Replenishing Conditioner is a SUPER detangler as well. You may have to turn around in the shower to make sure your hair isn't in the tub(true testimonial from my sister).

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner and CON conditioners work well for me also.

Aww man, i did the same thing when i 1st used it. I kept turning around an looking @ the tub floor while pulling on my hair. I am in love with ors rep.:lachen:

ellebelle88

Hello again.

Cheers,
A.

Hey Artemis, I appreciated you and gym's post. I understood exactly what you guys were saying the first time around. Even though I was a bit surprised, I wasn't entirely shocked by this assertion because I realized Humecto never did much for my hair. After every "deep condition" with Humecto, my hair was never detangled and silky like how it feels after some other deep conditioning treatments (i.e Mizani Moisturefuse). But I kept trying it over and over again because I wanted it to work for me since it was raved about on the boards so much. I have a bottle now in my stash that I brought because of the "new formula"...which still hasn't done much for my hair.

With that being said, I really think you should name the other product that everyone thinks is a deep conditioner. That's what these boards are for, and I for one, know that I love getting all the information that I can get for the health of my hair. If not, can I PM you?

Angela4769

I am Definitely Pushing the SILK ELEMENTS MEGASILK moiturizing conditioner as well the creme or green tub works great for me. It is one of my staples and I LOVE IT! I buy it for full or sale price because it is worth it. Yet the next time they have a sale I am jumping on about 5 tubs for stock purpose.

I also love Aphogee 2 minute for my weekly protein. These two conditioners keep my hair in TIP TOP SHAPE! :lick:

Do you still use Silk Elements? The moisturizing treatment is on sale online for $6.00. I don't know about in-store.

Ayesha81

Oooh Ive been using Linange coconut and shea butter conditioner for about 4 years now the stuff is off the hook. For back up I use Keracare Humecto and Pantene relaxed and natural conditioner.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Oooh Ive been using Linange coconut and shea butter conditioner for about 4 years now the stuff is off the hook. For back up I use Keracare Humecto and Pantene relaxed and natural conditioner.

Curious. Do you relax with Linange Shea Butter? And..where do you get the conditioner? After 4 years and you're still using it, it must be all kinds of awesome.