MSM PURITY TEST

firecracker

Rat bastids at NOW lab! :mad: It says 99.7purity level! I am going to call them and Whole Foods to see who is going to give me my money back.
Dang if I'm having vivid dreams when I start taking the pure stuff all helz gon break loose:eek: ! Goodgoobilyboo!

angellazette

I open my capsules and pour the powder into juice...that junk just sits there in a lump like it has on water repellant!!!

Proudpiscean

tatje said:
Anyone experience there breast getting larger due to taking MSM?

I have been taking MSM 3000-5000 mg since last August and I have not noticed this side effect. (I hope it doesn't :look: )

tatje

I know. Someone who was taking it told me they noticed that there breast were getting bigger due to it and I didn't want to start taking it if that was the case.

deontaer

I use the MSM powder by Source Naturals from vitacost.com. 1/4 a teaspoon is supposed to be 2.6g (2600mgs) and it dissolves on contact. I usually put the powder in the glass first then pour my orange juice in, but if there is any liquid in the cup from rinsing it first, the powder dissolves even before I mix it with my juice. It dissolves so well that I mix it in my shampoo when I wash my hair. Oh...my breasts do "look" a little fuller, but I just think that's fluctuation with my weight, not the MSM.

cocoberry10

dreamer26 said:
Unfortunately, some well known national brand companies have been selling highly diluted MSM to their customers. One brand contained less than 3% pure MSM, while stating on their label, "The pure MSM in this product is the highest quality available." Which was probably true but what the company failed to say was that in addition to the pure MSM, the capsules contained 97% fillers.
If you have used MSM in the past without getting the health results you were hoping for, there's a good chance the product you tried was not full strength and pure. Please do not deny yourself the benefits of MSM without trying truly pure MSM.
The following is the simple way you can test your MSM for purity: Empty the contents of one capsule or one half teaspoon of MSM powder into a clear glass of water. The MSM will immediately sink to the bottom, and dissolve within a few minutes. All the contents of capsules or powder containing fillers will not sink to the bottom, and not all of the material will dissolve. You can stir it or not stir it, either way the results will be the same: the MSM will immediately sink to the bottom and dissolve and the other "stuff" will float to the top.
Granted, this test doesn't tell you exactly what is there but it will surely tell you what isn't there-pure MSM in any form will not float.

I thought this was an interesting since we're taking MSM.

This is really good information. Is there a website that tells us whether the brand we are using has pure MSM or not? I use Vitamin Shoppe and when I did the test, it sank to the bottom and I believe it dissolved, but I stirred it too.

cocoberry10

MeccaMedinah said:
I have been having multiple & very vivid dreams lately. This is a new side effect to me :scratchch

What are these "vivid" dreams? I've been using Vitamin Shoppe, and I swear I'm not having the excitement with my MSM that you all are (jealous)!:lol: :ohwell:

pistachio

I use Jarrow Formulas brand, and it immed. sank to bottom, and dissolved with a few gentle shakes of the water bottle.

Chrissmiss

After I finish my puritain's pride brand I will be switching it is only about 1/3 pure MSM that's probably why it doesn't taste as bad as I expected. Until then I am doubling my dosage.

Prose Princess

Damn, now I have to make a trip to Whole Foods for some Jarrow's. Never ever buy Trimedica MSM capsules y'all! :nono: It didn't sink dissolve, or ANYTHING, it just sat there on top of the water. No wonder my NG is still hard! :wallbash:

mariofmagdal

I give GNC brand MSM capsules 1000mg to my kids daily, have had great results, and they sink and dissolve with no problems.

However, for me, I use MSM- Coarse MSM Flakes (OptiMSM) MSM flakes are described as the purest form of MSM. I get mine from Kalahealth.
I have it on auto ship so I am never without. I use the MSM gel as well, we live in the country and it is great for bites, my kids are allergic to almost everything and this helps.

Here is their website:

www.kalahealth.com

An article on MSM for Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip904.htm

Last edited:

Maxitonia

Just did the test on Spring Valley MSM and it did not pass the test, it absolutely not dissolve in the water it floated on top. I just ordered Doctor's Best Best MSM from Vitacost.com.

Forever in Bloom

I just finished my bottle of Solaray MSM I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe. It passed the test!! Now I am on NSI MSM. Off to see if it will pass the test :grin:

DivaD04

mine is pure!!!! it instantly sunk to the bottom(all of it). mine is by evolutionhealth.com...it says it's 99.9% msm and 0.01% water....i haven't taken mine eternally b/c i'm w/child but i will when i give birth.

Coffee

I know. Someone who was taking it told me they noticed that there breast were getting bigger due to it and I didn't want to start taking it if that was the case.

If it does, I don't need to take it either, but I have a sister who will take all she can get her hands on:lachen::lachen:.