WIG CHALLENGE 2013

Dionnesse

I love this!!! I want a wig like this. I'm loving Dominique's hair from ”The Sisterhood.” Any recs?

Thank you!

I used Janet Collection prestige alco remy to make this and a closure. I can't recommend another as I always make my wigs! This hair will last a long time though, I have a half wig in this hair that I've had for 2 years and it's still good.

If you can stitch, you can make a wig, it just takes time!

missliberia

I don't think I can do wigs y'all. I wore my Bedhe Shelly all this week and I am sick of it. I also think it is hard on my edges :-/

Healthb4Length

I think in general human hair does last a big longer I've purchased a HH wig that was gorgeous for about a month in half after that it still worked but gave me problems..you know the usual..tangling ..frizzes. & ..the back of the wig..did the cluster and crawl..lol..I had to keep a brush on me at all times and it was exhausting..my lace wigs lasted longer..but..every hair unit is different..I tossed it out way to early I think.

Yeah I'm going through the same issues with my lace wig too. I'm a bit disappointed, I paid a lot for it. The hair is stunning though, I'm. Going to do a bleach bath on it and see if that helps.

gabulldawg

Ok, ladies. I cut up an old human hair wig to try and do the bob style I want. I like it for the most part, but am not sure if I want to really wear it out. Thoughts?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130112_175248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130112_175248.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 192

Dionnesse

Still wigging....my hair is in canerow under my wig but I'm finding it hard to keep it moisturised...

I cowashed & DC'd at the weekend and have baggied a couple of times overnight. I think it may be the glycerin in my hair products as its really cold here now.

What is everyone using to keep their hair moist? I need help!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Alright ladies I finally made my first wig with a closure. I havent layered it, styled it or anything. I used a indian wavy closure from magic hair company and 3 packs of light wavy 16", 18", & 20" from maaliyah hair. Please ignore my fat face. Tell me what u think of my wig! I still need to sew combs in it tho.

ForumRunner_20130115_205649.jpg

ForumRunner_20130115_205719.jpg

ForumRunner_20130115_205737.jpg

alanaturelle

Alright ladies I finally made my first wig with a closure. I havent layered it, styled it or anything. I used a indian wavy closure from magic hair company and 3 packs of light wavy 16", 18", & 20" from maaliyah hair. Please ignore my fat face. Tell me what u think of my wig! I still need to sew combs in it tho.

Looks really nice. I wish I was that talented to make my own wigs, smh!

Michelle1971

It looks really good :yep:
I need to make my own wigs.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thnx ladies! Just got home from work and I am tiiired. Its not too hard to do it yourself. I just took my time and it took me about 2 hours to do.

fatimablush

still wigging it.

i braid my hair.. mist my hair with my own spray and i'm good.

i purchased a couple new wigs to help out.

Sheri Shepards curly wig, Echo from Janet Collection, Abella from Outre, Winfrey wig from Janet Collection also Natalie from Janet Collection. a couple were also ordered in December.

i will probaly take a 2 mth break in March.

Last edited:

JustGROWwithIt

Still wigging....my hair is in canerow under my wig but I'm finding it hard to keep it moisturised...

I cowashed & DC'd at the weekend and have baggied a couple of times overnight. I think it may be the glycerin in my hair products as its really cold here now.

I spray my hair (which I keep in flat twists) every night before bed with a mixture of Infusium 23, braid spray and Wen conditioner. About half and half of the Infusium and braid spray with a couple pumps of the conditioner. I make sure it's pretty wet so that all my strands get moisturized. My hair seems to be doing just fine with it, but nothing special. This week I started applying a bit of S-curl activator to my hair for extra moisture, just every few days. It has glycerin in it and it's cold here, but I so far haven't noticed any problems. My hair feels very moist right now. I also started wear my satin cap under my wig cap so that may help keep the cold air from pulling the moisture out of my hair as well.

cami88

I've left the top portion of my hair out for my half wigs and have the back in cornrows. For moisture I use creme of nature leave in + safflower or coconut oil every night.

xNichex

I thought I would be able to do this wig challenge easy. However after 4 months I am already getting tired of wearing wigs :(
Help me stay on this ladies, my hair needs protecting lol

strawbewie

I thought I would be able to do this wig challenge easy. However after 4 months I am already getting tired of wearing wigs :(

Honestly you need a wig break sometimes. I rarely where my wigs on the weekend. I wear turban type wraps, scarfs etc. when Monday comes I'm wig ready.

My best friend uses full-cap wigs a few weeks then she switches to a u- part or half- wig so she can play or touch her hair, when she misses it.

Babygrowth

For this reason alone is why I usually wear my knit cap with my scarf underneath most days in the week. I used to love wigs but now they are starting to get on my nerves... I may have to get a full head weave...

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

You can do it! I give my hair a break on the weekends so that I can play with it. I also have about 15 that I switch around when I'm in the mood. Lol.

You don't need that many, but it is nice to have a couple variations.

Babygrowth

You can do it! I give my hair a break on the weekends so that I can play with it. I also have about 15 that I switch around when I'm in the mood. Lol.

You don't need that many, but it is nice to have a couple variations.

I agree with having variety. I need afew to rotate and maybe I'll be a little less irritated... smh at myself... off to rpg show...

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

You can do it ma'am. And u have to take a break then take a break!

alanaturelle

You can totally do it. I wear them M-Th 7am -4pm. I will wear a beanie hat on Friday- my job has a flexible dress code. I leave my hair out during the weekend. So hang in there.

Dionnesse

So I took down my cornrows today for a wash and DC and I was surprised to find my hair was actually really moisturised. The outside of the plaits had felt dry so I was a little concerned about that previously.

I appreciate your info in how you moisturise under your wig, going to try making a leave in.

I was tempted to leave my hair out for the weekend, but I overcame and cornrowed my hair again.

Sticking with this til my birthday in April! *pumps fist into air*

strawbewie

I let my Freetress Equal Stella wig have a break and plus I wanted WOW hair for some events for DH this weekend. I have been wearing Freetress Dream Girl. I will prepoo, co-wash and DC this evening with cornrows.

image-616119195.jpg