Help! Can Lye Relaxer cause Reversion?

bajanplums1

It has been 5 weeks since my touch up. Yesterday it rained, I used an umbrella. When I got home to my mom's for turkey day, my hair was crinkly/kinky. I was as of I did not have a relaxer at all. My mom looked at me and said: what's wrong with your hair?? I then added Keracare Moisturizing Lotion and put it back in rollers, but I noticed even with the moisturizer it was crinkly. I had to pull it taught and roll it to get it straight again.

I never had this problem when I used the BSS bought no-lye relaxer. I feel that my hair is not straight, but has a loser curl. It only looks straight on a fresh wash and rollerset. Could a lye relaxer be wrong for me??

I need advice. please help.

Mochalolita

Was it the entire length of your hair, or just the new growth? Did you have any products in your hair when it got wet? My hair does that, but it's because I'm not relaxed bone straight...so that could be it, or maybe the water combined with whatever products in your hair to make it kind of crinkly...I don't think that a relaxer will make your hair revert...but maybe the particular brand you used didn't agree with you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hugs,
Crys

bajanplums1

Mochalolita, It was the middle portion of my hair or he roots, the ends were straight. I think I will go back to no-lye. Thanks 4 ur advice! Plus, I remember that although my stylist used affirm, she used the one that had to be mixed with an activator. this is such a learning process--I can't wait until I get it right!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. ur hair is lovely!