Baby Shower...Help!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You're right. Unfortunately all of the uncertainty happened recently. And if I hadn't stepped up she wouldnt have anything. But I will definitely be more careful in the future.

I considered a cleaning service but thought that with all the work that has to be done they would charge a huge amount. This isn't normal messy house.

Do you think folks would bring a dish and gift?

Most people love to bring a dish plus a baby gift.

Because of your faith, God has something very special planned for you in arranging this. It's going to be very special. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh' I have one more question: Is the baby a girl or boy? Do you know this yet?

And Coily, thank you for sharing this with us. The ladies here are so supportive. Your entire thread has been a blessing. I know Jesus is beaming with love with your devotion.

CoilyFields

Oh' I have one more question: Is the baby a girl or boy? Do you know this yet?

And Coily, thank you for sharing this with us. The ladies here are so supportive. Your entire thread has been a blessing. I know Jesus is beaming with love with your devotion.

It's a girl.

Thank all of you ladies so much. I have a much better grasp of my plan. Now I just have to tell her.

Shimmie

Staff member
It's a girl.

Thank all of you ladies so much. I have a much better grasp of my plan. Now I just have to tell her.

O my Goodness! I"ll tell you later what"s up. God is just amazing. That"s all I'm saying for now. Truly amazing.

CoilyFields

A little Update:

Last night at church 3 sisters approached me. They had previously mentioned wanting to help with the shower (from their past contributions I had assumed the just meant set up and clean up). As we talked about the shower they expressed an ability to add more than just woman-power but also help with the food!

I was so grateful! We talked about some of the ideas that I got from you ladies and we've come up with a plan.

It's going to be a "sprinkle" and will be at my Aunts salon (for free). It will just be cake and punch (though we're thinking of making it a dessert menu with other pies etc.). The ladies volunteered to make personal large meals for the mom and her kids to take home. All we have to do is locate a few folding chairs for the older people to sit. It will be about an hour to an hour and a half and the invitations will somehow specify its a celebration of the baby with cake. (so folks don't expect a full menu).

One of the sisters volunteered to make the invitations (she does design for a living and will get them done for free at her job)!

We've ruled out regular shower games. Though there are some ideas for individual activities. For example, online I saw this idea of buying white onsies and the fun colored sparkly glue pens and people design messages etc. on them then hang them on a line to dry. Then baby can still wear them (since they go under her clothes). The picture looks something like this (below).

Also thought about have another small activity station where people can sign a book giving the baby well wishes or something. Not quite sure about this yet.

We've decided to print out her registry and get people to sign up beforehand for items and if they cant attend then we will either put their items in a basket or put the cash they give on a gift card.

I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited that this is coming together! God is blessing!

Thank you ladies for all of your ideas and support. Shimmie, thank you for going above and beyond to show your love in actions!

Please add any more ideas or critiques to the plan, I look forward hearing from you!

Attachments

• onsies.jpg
    onsies.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
  • onsies2.jpg
    onsies2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 13

Shimmie

Staff member
A little Update:

Last night at church 3 sisters approached me. They had previously mentioned wanting to help with the shower (from their past contributions I had assumed the just meant set up and clean up). As we talked about the shower they expressed an ability to add more than just woman-power but also help with the food!

I was so grateful! We talked about some of the ideas that I got from you ladies and we've come up with a plan.

It's going to be a "sprinkle" and will be at my Aunts salon (for free). It will just be cake and punch (though we're thinking of making it a dessert menu with other pies etc.). The ladies volunteered to make personal large meals for the mom and her kids to take home. All we have to do is locate a few folding chairs for the older people to sit. It will be about an hour to an hour and a half and the invitations will somehow specify its a celebration of the baby with cake. (so folks don't expect a full menu).

One of the sisters volunteered to make the invitations (she does design for a living and will get them done for free at her job)!

We've ruled out regular shower games. Though there are some ideas for individual activities. For example, online I saw this idea of buying white onsies and the fun colored sparkly glue pens and people design messages etc. on them then hang them on a line to dry. Then baby can still wear them (since they go under her clothes). The picture looks something like this (below).

Also thought about have another small activity station where people can sign a book giving the baby well wishes or something. Not quite sure about this yet.

We've decided to print out her registry and get people to sign up beforehand for items and if they cant attend then we will either put their items in a basket or put the cash they give on a gift card.

I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited that this is coming together! God is blessing!

Thank you ladies for all of your ideas and support. Shimmie, thank you for going above and beyond to show your love in actions!

Please add any more ideas or critiques to the plan, I look forward hearing from you!

You are more than welcome Dear Coily... I've been so humbled by your posts. God has used you for others to see how much He loves. I've learned a great lesson in Grace by your love for others.

I really like the Baby Onesis ... a-dore-a-ble! This is really coming together for you. This is what happens when one is lead by their heart and Jesus steps right in with His treasures of love.

I'm happy for you and looking forward to staying in touch . :yep:

HappilyLiberal

I think a gift card to a baby store would be ideal. When my cousin had her shower, tons of folks bought those little cute baby clothes and the boy grew out of those before he was in them good. My mom and I got her some furniture off her baby registry for the shower (not clothes--she didn't have any on there). Then for Christmas (she had him in early November) we got her a gift card to the baby store so she could spend as needed.