Something in the wig is making me break out

Mrs. Verde

You are probably allergic to something that was mixed in with the hair. I know a few people that broke out from getting their hair braided with synthetic hair. Good luck.

longhairlover

yeah it's the hair, for some reason synthetic will make alot of people break out like crazy, if you can try to wear it off of your face.

or wash it with a clarifying poo see if that helps.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I've had that same problem. In the growafrohairlong box braid tutorial she was using synthetic hair and said to soak it in vinegar and water to remove the alkaline base because it irritates some people. Maybe you could try that?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I would try washing it first. What brand is the wig?

It's a Freetress Equal, but I think a Model Model brand wig has also caused me to break out--I just didn't realize it at the time.

I wanna see a pic! Hope you find out what is breaking you out though.
I have pics in my blog with me and a couple of my wigs, but not the most recent purchases. Check it out though!
I'm pretty sure it's the wig though--the breakouts are showing up right where the wig is hitting my face.

May I ask, What exactly is a wig cap?:perplexed

It's like a stocking cap/du rag that fits very snug on the head so as to flatten and round it out so it can just be covered easily with a wig.

LadyPaniolo

I've had that same problem. In the growafrohairlong box braid tutorial she was using synthetic hair and said to soak it in vinegar and water to remove the alkaline base because it irritates some people. Maybe you could try that?

I was just about to say this. However, as a veteran Crown & Glory lady, lemme tell you that the wig will look chewed rough and crunchy WAY earlier if you actually do soak it in vinegar. Since it's synthetic, I'm hoping it didn't cost too too much and won't break your heart if you have to throw it out sooner.

taj

I've had the same problem and couldn't figure out why or how I could prevent it. I'd just buy new wigs. Thanks ladies!!:grin: