NEED HELP- What do you do after a relaxer?

Kamilla16

Okay, I'm just curious to see what everyone else does after they apply a relaxer. I mean do you wrap it, blowdry it, wet-set, etc.? My cousin that does my hair blowdries it and then uses oil and a curling iron to straighten the ends. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I know there's got to be a better way. Help me out /images/graemlins/look.gif

Kamilla16

Yeah, I think that's what I need to start doing. All I know is that when I wrap my hair while its wet, it NEVER dries. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I guess my hair is too thick /images/graemlins/confused.gif Thanks for your comment /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kamilla16

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
my stylist blow dries and flat irons/curls the ends.

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /images/graemlins/smile.gif Do you think its bad to do it this way?

Allandra

Kamilla16 said:
Yeah, I think that's what I need to start doing. All I know is that when I wrap my hair while its wet, it NEVER dries. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I guess my hair is too thick /images/graemlins/confused.gif Thanks for your comment /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. I think roller setting is the best (at least for my hair). I do wrap my hair after roller setting. If I wrapped my hair while it was wet, it would never dry.

ngaa

i still dont get this thing about wrappin hair, if u wrap yo hair after rollersets does this not defeat the whole purpose ofhavin yo hair curled?

Allandra

ngaa said:
i still dont get this thing about wrappin hair, if u wrap yo hair after rollersets does this not defeat the whole purpose ofhavin yo hair curled?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I get/do a roller set and then wrap my hair, it's to basically dry my hair straight (this is why I use BIG rollers). This is how I get a smooth and sleek look. I know some people do it to get their hair curly, but I do it to get my hair straight (like so many other ladies here). Wrapping hair as been around for a long while now.

Kamilla16

Well I always thought that putting the rollers on the hair was a way of making sure your ends dry smooth, then when you wrap it, it sorta gives you a bouncy wrap that is very smooth. I guess if you want to leave it curly then you wouldn't wrap it. I guess it depends on the individual /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karima

Allandra

Kamilla16 said:
Well I always thought that putting the rollers on the hair was a way of making sure your ends dry smooth, then when you wrap it, it sorta gives you a bouncy wrap that is very smooth. I guess if you want to leave it curly then you wouldn't wrap it. I guess it depends on the individual /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Kamilla16

I guess I was finally right about something /images/graemlins/grin.gif Allandra, with you having waist-length hair is it harder to do roller wraps? Just wondering!

Allandra

Kamilla16 said:
I guess I was finally right about something /images/graemlins/grin.gif Allandra, with you having waist-length hair is it harder to do roller wraps? Just wondering!

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not too hard. I guess I'm just used to it (as my hair grows, as far as handling the length). I just swoosh it around quickly and throw on my scarf. Sometimes my hair doens't fall down before I put my scarf on, and sometimes it does. If it doesn't stay up/wrapped the first time, I just had a few pins to keep it in place, and once I put the scarf on, I sneak in there and remove the pins. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

I basically roller set for the same reason as Allandra(it works for us naturals also). Today however I wanted to keep the curls...so I didn't wrap afterwards.

Integrity

the BEST thing to do after a relaxer is a roller set.but if your time is tight and you hardly use heat to style your hair between relaxers then i guess it wouldnt harm the hair at all to blow dry and flat iron or hot curl. but roller set is def. the best.

Titansgirl

Afterwards, I sit under a hooded dryer w/ my hair combed straight. Then I use a flat iron to give it body and a slight curl at the ends /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kamilla16

CurlyCrly said:
Kamilla,

Are you 16? I must say that I am very impressed with your questions and your desire to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am 16. Thanks for the comment CurlyCrly /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kamilla16

Thanks to all that replied to my question /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I'm gonna start roller wrapping my hair. I just need to find those HUGE rollers. Does Sally's have em' /images/graemlins/confused.gif I can't find em' at Wal-mart /images/graemlins/nono.gif