WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

tryn2growmyhair

MissBiss said:
Of course it is and I don't think Jewell was implying the contrary.

It is an inspiration to many of us to actually see black women like ourselves with waist-length hair. Seeing is believing..........that you can reach that point too. :)
ITA with you.

renee_n_3000

I enjoy looking at LHCF members' albums and view them as being a dedicated, genuine hobby/interest of those particular ladies, while it's not a hobby that I share. When someone asks the question, though, I think to myself that when I get a better digital camera someday, I might take one or two 'hair shots' and post them here. I probably wouldn't continue to take more pics and maintain an album account with a host site, though (not sure what that would entail).

Some of my friends and relatives display lots of pics of people in their homes, so when I visit them I notice different styles and lengths I've tried through the years. That's fine for me for now. :)

Jewell

bocagirl said:
I think it's someone's right to decide whether or not they want to post a pic.

It someone's right to decide whether they want to do anything at all. This is obvious...I just said that a lot of people including myself would like to see pictures. It's not a problem if someone doesn't want to post, and if they don't own a digital camera. For those that do have albums, great. Its inspiring to see pictures not only of waist length hair on African-American women, but healthy hair in general.

LiqueXX

I love looking at the hair albums, it lets me know that it can be done. I cannot wait to get a digital camera and a site where I can post my pics. So, I thank anyone who does post pics on a regular, because ladies like me appreciate it.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I'm not looking to be waist length, mid back is fine for me. I'm inspired by those who posted. Thank You!

Irresistible

PB girl I must have missed this thread in my "off" time on lhcf. But I'm checkin in. but oh my, I cant answer all those questions right now. I'll just say I started from scratch growing out a relaxer 12 years ago. My regimen changed so much over the years its not even funny. I mostly grew out my relaxer with braids and buns. I transitioned to the last inch of relaxed hair. which basically means for years. lol

most of my regimen is on fotki in the about me section. I need to update some little changes here and there , but for the most part its the same

I'm still trying to get flowerhair's password to work....*sigh*

and I'm lovin Ayeshia's new siggy pic.

Thats all for now.....10/4 lol

Ayeshia

Irresistible said:
PB girl I must have missed this thread in my "off" time on lhcf. But I'm checkin in. but oh my, I cant answer all those questions right now. I'll just say I started from scratch growing out a relaxer 12 years ago. My regimen changed so much over the years its not even funny. I mostly grew out my relaxer with braids and buns. I transitioned to the last inch of relaxed hair. which basically means for years. lol

most of my regimen is on fotki in the about me section. I need to update some little changes here and there , but for the most part its the same

I'm still trying to get flowerhair's password to work....*sigh*

and I'm lovin Ayeshia's new siggy pic.

Thats all for now.....10/4 lol

Thanks poohbear and Iris :kiss:

Iris dont forget to add the ! (excamation mark) with the pw:) I realized it after twwnty attempts lol.

jamiette

adrienne0914 said:
i still don't think i'm quite at waist length, but it seems i'm as close as i'll ever get.

What was your starting length for growing your hair? (twa, chin, shoulders, etc.)
i started just grazing my shoulders

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
about 3 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural?
texturized

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?

i washed my hair once a week (every other week with the braids) and kept it really moisturized. i try to leave it alone as much as possible...

What products did you use?
Keracare shampoo and conditioner, curl activator, Vaseline, Elasta QP Recovery (my latest great find). i also experimented occasionally with other stuff, but these are my core products.

What styles did you wear?
for the first 8 months, i wore my hair in braids until i could get it into a ponytail. since then, i've been bunning it with the occasional braid out and straight style

Any other hair growing tips???
• baby your ends so they don't require much trimming
• find someone that you trust to trim (or trim yourself)
• find the right products and keep the experimenting to a minimum
• avoid measuring (it's too frustrating!)
• document your progress with photos
• just leave your hair alone
• when you find what works, BE CONSISTENT!!
Great advice!!!

Valerie

Poohbear, great thread and I look looking at the ladies with waist length hair on this board, congratulations to all of you, whether you are texturised, natural or relaxed, you are great inspiration.

sexylonglegs

flowergirl, I think your hair is absolutely beautiful and your a pretty girl also. It looks like those are model pictures and you definitlely look like a model.

keep growing

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Poohbear said:
I LOVE YOUR HAIR FLOWERHAIR!!!! :love:

Thank you soooooooo much!!! I'm sitting here alone on a Sat night and feeling crappy singing the blues to my acoustic guitar LOL :lol:
I really needed this!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Black Sista said:
flowergirl, I think your hair is absolutely beautiful and your a pretty girl also. It looks like those are model pictures and you definitlely look like a model.

keep growing

Thank you Black Sista :D
I'm not a model by any stretch of the imagination, but I happened to be asked to take some pics because I enjoyed 15 minutes of fame a few years ago LOL I'm a shorty 165 cm and too "curvaceous" to be a model... I'm just greatful to have some retouched pics of myself haha!

Ebony

I have to admit that I've wondered the same thing as Jewell stated in her original comment for the past few years. It would be nice to see & seeing is believing. I think Adrienne is the only person I recall seeing???
I know I can't always update my pics when I'd like to. I always have to find the time but I do enjoy sharing them.
For all you ladies that feel you HAVE to have a digital camera, you don't. WHen you get 35mm pics developed, you can opt to have the pics placed on a cd in digital format as many people I know do. Technology is wonderful!

LiqueXX

Ebony, thanks for the tip. I want to get a Fotki account so bad but don't have a digital camera.

goldensugar23

hey ladies i'm lower back about tail bone..then i got almost three inches trimmed off(my mom said my ends were getting thin)Doesnt mean it still didnt hurt...lol.Anyway i thought maybe i can share a few tips anyway.

What was your starting length for growing your hair? (twa, chin, shoulders, etc.)
lower neck

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
about

2 1/2 3 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural?

I'm relaxed

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?

I wash my hair once a week with a cheap gentle shampoo-less build up
I then wet set it and get my roots blown out and have it wrapped.
i wrap my hair religiously,if i'm home its wrapped no exceptions :lol:(i wear no protective style so wrapping is the only thing that protects my ends.)I do braid-outs on occasion to save my hair from damaging heat.I relax my hair so i try to be as gentle with it as i can.

What products did you use?

I pre-poo with coconut milk mixed with evoo.
i alternate my products because my hair seems to get bored with some of the same products.
As mentioned i use gentle shampoos because the creme shampoos give me build up making my hair heavy :perplexed .my deep treatments are humecto,ntm mask,got2bsmooth,humectress,motions silk protien.
i use a creme rinse to comb out my horrible tangles /miss keyes creme rinse is really good.
i then spray my hair with boilage daily leave-in tonic(thanx datjerseydime)
I never use setting lotion it gives me hard heavy curls.I use leave-in like organics hair mayonnaise,cantu shea butter leave-in.I use lacio lacio leave-in for silky braid outs!For weekly keep up i keep my ends oiled with coconut oil,aloe vera oil.Use a small amount of product on my hair during the week.Just oil my ends when i need it.

What styles did you wear?

bone straight mainly.I braid out maybe once or twice a month.I hardly wear a pony.

Any other hair growing tips???

well i noticed my hair grew more when i skipped the serious trims and kept my hair care simple.i stopped with the weaves,gels,and hardcore heat.I paid attention to what my hair thrived on and hated.I stopped with the heavy cremes and grease,i truly believe less product more hair growth.Hair needs to breathe and thrive.
I stopped letting strangers cut my hair.They would trim so much i felt they setting me back 6 months of hair growth!!I let my mother trim my hair maybe three times a year.She usually trims about a inch each time.
well thats it..pretty simple.

albane

I have been wearing hair at waist during about 2 years when I was 16. I think it took me 9 months to go from midback to waist. This was beautiful, but also very demanding for the haircare: daily gentle combing during at least 30 mn, braiding at night once a week, a moisterer application once a week, the most painful being a huge rollerset my mother was adamant to achieve twice a week.

I stopped being 18, because I was discouraged continuing after the high school, but I am currently growing my hair again at husband request (he saw very nice pictures of me with this long hair at mum's home)