2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

sidney

@LoveisYou

Biblical Authority!

Matthew 18:18-20

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them."

Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

I just need 1 person to agree!!! Amen, Hope you ladies are having a blessed day. Loveisyou has stirred me up!!! Lord!

ETA: We bind them by the mighty name of JESUS alone! AND according to his will, I John 5:14-15. Amen!

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
@LoveisYou

Biblical Authority!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them."

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

I just need 1 person to agree!!! Amen, Hope you ladies are having a blessed day. Loveisyou has stirred me up!!! Lord!

ETA: We bind them by the mighty name of JESUS alone! Amen!

I agree, he has given us the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Thank you Father God.

sidney

Don't wait until your situation changes to give him praise. That's called conditonal praise. You better praise him in advance!!!!! ~Marvin Sapp

LifeafterLHCF

The phrase we have power in our words needs to sip in all of us. I can see now how saying I have to do this and that sounds so damning and depressing. Sometimes we must say positive even when we don't feel it. The heart per Jerimah 17 says the heart is sick. So because it's untrustworty we must go with what we know is concreate the word and go forth.

sidney

GoddessMaker, thank you for your word, Isaiah 43. One of my spiritual counselors called and gave it to me the next day and then I heard it the next day after that. And it has now come to pass. Thank you for letting God use you to encourage me and others here!!! Believing for more testimonies as people come through!

LifeafterLHCF

sidney No problem. I want to help as many here to feel comforted and to be able to move through their valleys alot smoother. I know it won't always be easy but if we do what we are commissioned to do ie edify and uplift each other for real we can step into higher levels of our walk.

LoveisYou

@LoveisYou

Biblical Authority!

ETA: We bind them by the mighty name of JESUS alone! AND according to his will, I John 5:14-15. Amen!

I'm in agreement!!!! We are conquerors through HIM!!!! We have a right through HIM!!!!! Walk in your authority ladies!

LoveisYou

The phrase we have power in our words needs to sip in all of us. I can see now how saying I have to do this and that sounds so damning and depressing. Sometimes we must say positive even when we don't feel it. The heart per Jerimah 17 says the heart is sick. So because it's untrustworty we must go with what we know is concreate the word and go forth.

Amen! I learned this lesson over the last few weeks so it's very fresh in my mind. I am guarding my lips, guarding my mouth, asking God to help me speak words of life and edification. Yesterday I said something and my "godmother" had me rephrase what I said. I was gently reminded of the power in my words, use it to build, use it to express faith in God. Our words are ever so powerful.

sidney

@Loveisyou, AGREED, Got two words from you this morning right before two breakthroughs....girl, you don't play! You are a conqueror! Thank you! Check-mate! Lord, today is a good day!

Agreeing with you and @ Luvingme!

We're agreeing and walking in authority! Yes Lord!

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

LoveisYou so very true. At times we say things without thinking and it can be so damanging. I know I have in the past. I would prefer now to not say anything thing to say something negative. I'm still very much a work in progress. I remember a pastor saying we are all a walking masterpiece because we are always gaining new brush strokes and being added to.

sidney and I know you not going to say you had two breakthroughs and not share with the group..

Thank God the work day is coming to a end. Happy to get my lunch and my word.

Vonnieluvs08

Broken hearted today. We had the memorial for my aunt today and it was hard. So many feelings-anger, sadness, joy, peace, confusion. I really miss my dad and seeing my family crying is breaking my heart. 8 yrs ago we went thru this with the sudden death of my dad and just when things really seemed good this happen. I'm just waiting to see where the good is in all of it. I know God is good and he is working all things out.

I just pray my family heard the call to salvation today. I was trying to enjoy the sermon but the pastor kept calling my grandparents- brother and sister and they don't truly trust the Lord from what I see and its not just because they don't go to church (no fruit that I can see). And my aunt who passed always said she didn't believe in organized religion (almost agnostic I would say) so I find it hard that she accepted Christ and is in heaven unless in those last moments she cried out. My brother sat there skeptical about God and Christ and laughing under his breath at the "baptist" preaching (not trying to offend) when he needed to hear a clear gospel with out all the embellishing. I'm praying someone heard the call and will answer God and harden not their heart.

So after a good cry I came in to listen to worship songs on youtube and stumbled across something else.

I was listening to Casting Crowns- "Praise You in the Storm"
Chorus--I will praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands. For you are who you are, no matter where I am. And every tear I cry you hold in your hand. You never left my side, and tho my heart is torn. I will praise you in this storm.

I lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven & earth. Psalm 121:1-2

It was just the song I needed. Something to put it in perspective and point me back to Christ. Even the pastor mentioned Job- "The Lord give and take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord" Can't let the grief consume me that I forget that the Lord is with me and the Holy Spirit will comfort me and give peace. Resting in the comfort of the Lord.

Vonnieluvs08

Can anyone recc. a good study Bible?

Thanks ladies

I have my "home" bible (it never leaves home, much less my bed)

Its an ESV Study bible and I like it. Thorough intro before each chapter on writer, time period, context, purpose, key themes, outline, etc., etc.

Most of the scripture have some kind of explanation. there are footnotes, even talks about doctrine (trinity, sin, redemption), and other faiths-what they believe, in the back a good concordance. It's pretty thick.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sometimes the best gift you have to give someone is the gift of prayer... a silent prayer, just for them... lifting them up...above yourself...to God. They need not ever know or even care, because that's not what it's about. And it's never about you. It's about what pleases God.

Taking the lesson and running with it today..to put others first.

sidney

I have my "home" bible (it never leaves home, much less my bed)

Its an ESV Study bible and I like it. Thorough intro before each chapter on writer, time period, context, purpose, key themes, outline, etc., etc.

Most of the scripture have some kind of explanation. there are footnotes, even talks about doctrine (trinity, sin, redemption), and other faiths-what they believe, in the back a good concordance. It's pretty thick.

Luving me there is a thread by zebraprintlover about finding a good study bible, I cant search right now but she was very satisfief with the responses. I used the NIV Life Application bible, which I love! Even though I keep saying I have the NLT. It has opened up scriptures like never before.

LifeafterLHCF

Ok these things really stuck out to me. This month I have been reading on love and I can see what July and Aug will be. The first part really is something we all must be reminded. The mouth and the heart are so connected it's unreal. What's in a person heart will flow out the mouth. And what comes out is what will depict their character. I want godly character so a mouth check is def needed as well as heart. Whatever is in heart will be a person's focus.

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.
How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

(James 3:1-12 ESV)

The next one can say they are praying but I have always felt that wasn't enough. I am big on doing in regards to meeting others needs. I am falling in love with this here bible study daily. I'm seeing the scriptures I have heard about but never seen because I wasn't so strong in knowing.

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

(James 2:14-26 ESV)

Reminiscing

God is confirming so many things in my life right now. His purpose and plan for me is becoming clearer. I'm truly humbled by His will for life, almost brings me to tears. Can't thank him enough for what He's brought be through and how he's going to use it for His good! God is truly amazing!

auparavant

You Are Loved, Don't Give Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-G8IfjPAII

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one needs to be heard
You are loved

DreamLife

Things have been ok, but I have been having an underlying "restlessness," and I knew it was time to get back on track with my Christian walk. Today I woke up determined to start back up with more praise, worship and prayer. Later on I learned of some information that placed fear in my heart...the fear has begin to grow and grow...and I stopped being able to focus on God. I took a step back and looked at the day - I really don't think this is a coincidence. The second I make a decision to move forward with God, a test that I just can't seem to pass (fearing situations and man instead of trusting God) comes my way. Sigh. Sometimes this same situation gets so tiring, it seems like I should know by now that God is on my side. Resting in God sounds so simple but for me its so hard. This week I will be determined to rest in Him and "do it afraid" (as Joyce Meyer says) anyway.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^I can relate 100% to what you said. I like Joyce's sermons too and watch them often online. What I can tell you is that over time it gets easier to rest in God. I'm still working on it myself.

sidney

Weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning. Hold on to God and He will hold on to you.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord thank you for being so loving and gracious to me when I'm not. I'm thankful for not getting what I have asked for. I love when I get that epihany about what I should be. Love I will understand and comprehend you one day.