2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

sidney

GoddessMaker, Thank You 1000x times! I needed that. Lord I submit to you and humble myself at your throne. You reign and your plans succeed. I accept your will today. I offer my supplication with thanksgiving and faith..

Last edited:

sidney

Lord make plain what you are trying to teach me. I am missing something. You upbraid wisdom Not. I trust you and lean Not on my own understanding.

LifeafterLHCF

I can't let the fear of the unknown scary me and have me walking outside of what God has called me. I got a call a second ago and normally with those type of things I begin to get all scared and stuff. I can't do that. Either that is the way God will be caring for my needs or it's not and I need to keep pressing until I find it. God has made a way for me many times and I know God will keep me. I will continue to push while waiting and making the best of the time.

ivyness

I feel so lost right now. I feel like FH is trying so hard to make me happy but I can't get out of this low. I feel like after losing my dad I lost the only person who cared for me. He was my best friend. I love my family but I'm not that close to them being half a world away. And after the funeral, most moved on and the reaching out stopped. My daddy taught me to be independent so I will not reach out.

It just hasn't been a good day and it's like the world is kicking me when I'm down. I feel so lost. So alone. And all I can ask is why? Why all this had to happen? All I want honestly? is for all this to be over. There I said it. I just want to be with my dad again.

LifeafterLHCF

Hope this isn't too real for some.
Lord right now you are showing me for me. I see so many flaws and insecurities. I know I have alot of work to do. I have been so driven in wanting to have the perfect image-wanting perfect job,man,body,education etc. I have been cumbersome and I have just not been what you have made me to be. I have allowed what should have been my stepping stones ie bad childhood as heavy weight that hasn't allowed me to live up to my full potential. I haven't been living I have just been existing. I have sulked and felt I should have had better in so many areas. God I'm thankful you have allowed this adversity in my life. It reminds me of 2 Cort 12 8-10. This situation is like a thron that you won't remove however in it you are making me more dependent on you Lord instead of my own volition. I have been so dead set on showing folks that I was something and I have fallen so badly. I just patched myself up and God you won't allow me to continue to just patch up things. I was so tired up to the time of my job loss. I was hurting in so many areas I thank you God for this season of lack and I thank you for what is to come of me. I will embrace this season of change and hope to enrich folks later.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Trust Him Christian just trust Him...I KNOW you can and I KNOW He can...

Hope this isn't too real for some.
Lord right now you are showing me for me. I see so many flaws and insecurities. I know I have alot of work to do. I have been so driven in wanting to have the perfect image-wanting perfect job,man,body,education etc. I have been cumbersome and I have just not been what you have made me to be. I have allowed what should have been my stepping stones ie bad childhood as heavy weight that hasn't allowed me to live up to my full potential. I haven't been living I have just been existing. I have sulked and felt I should have had better in so many areas. God I'm thankful you have allowed this adversity in my life. It reminds me of 2 Cort 12 8-10. This situation is like a thron that you won't remove however in it you are making me more dependent on you Lord instead of my own volition. I have been so dead set on showing folks that I was something and I have fallen so badly. I just patched myself up and God you won't allow me to continue to just patch up things. I was so tired up to the time of my job loss. I was hurting in so many areas I thank you God for this season of lack and I thank you for what is to come of me. I will embrace this season of change and hope to enrich folks later.

sidney

Faith is always required. We ask, believing that we shall receive. We ask, but we also pray for his will. Whether God grants our petitions or makes another way is entirely up to him. Either way, the righeteous will not be forsaken!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Son of man, yet Son of God ...

He came in the flesh, did not have a privileged life, no silver spoon, wasn't handsome, no 401K, no Fortune 500 job, a carpenters son, had no children, was unmarried, tempted and tested, lied on spat on, falsely accused, beaten, suffered bled and died, yet he uttered not a word....all for us... to have the same life experience as we do, (to identify with us)...

so think twice before you say; "but nobody knows how I feel"

LifeafterLHCF

This isn't a pity me nor was my last one just really christian random thoughts. Lord I see where I am weak. I know it will take alot for me to not fumble in that area anymore. I don't know if the desire of wanting that is so overwhelming. I'm not proud of it God. I have alot to work on. I know that I will have to do some deep studying in order to get there. My dependency on you Lord is true. I don't want to try and be this ok person when I'm not. I know your word says why ask you for things when I won't do what you say do. I will trust that one day I will be able to overcome the things I'm fighting and be ok. Clear my mind and heart of impurity and allow me to see me the way you do.

LoveisYou

We are indeed living in the last days.

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions.

Lord, please give us strength to endure.

sidney

Acts 5:38; 39. Thankful that God handles his own battles. This has never been about me or defense of me. Surely his hands are not slack. Continuing with his presence...

auparavant

Divorce is not a sin - sin causes a divorce. It's permissible in scripture based upon guidelines. What G-d hates is frivolous ditching of mates and families and behavior that leads people to have to leave a relationship within His guidelines. The divorce happens long before the signing of the paperwork. Christians who are divorced are not necessarily sinners. If they don't tell you why they are divorced, guard your judgements carefully not to unjustly accuse them of something you know nothing about. You might be accusing an innocent person.

LifeafterLHCF

To die to self is a daily process.Sitting here reading on adversity and wondering when will I get to the point of no return? I know I'm digging into my dark spots bc I desire to be a real christian and not a poser.I can't quit now even though it hurts.I will place my trust with God and focus on cleaning out the garbage of my life.To trust God completely is scary but it's a must since I can't trust man.

LifeafterLHCF

I feel lonely and when I do I start to think about things that aren't great. Instead of doing that I will read a few verses and call it a early night.

LifeafterLHCF

I can't sleep but while I was dozing this song came to mind I have no video right now but I just keep thinking of the words

Yes Jesus loves me,yes Jesus loves me,Yes Jesus loves me because the Bible tells me so...

sidney

Lord give us your glory so that we can be like you and draw the world to you through our speech and deeds. Teach us to be faithful, full of grace, full of compassion and mercy. Let love be without dissimulation. Let our conduct draw people to you. Let the way we carry ourselved at work and through our families be ministry. Let us see beyond the faults of others and see their needs. Teach us to be like you so the criminals and prostitutes...the worst deemed by society will be drawn to you! Let them be awed by your love displayed through us snd search for you! Give us hearts to pray for thr "worst among us, as we know our own failures are ever before us. We know you have made us your ambassadors, equip us to represent you so we can win the harvest of people. Help us to love our neighbors next door and overseas. Show us your glory!

sidney

2 Corinthians 5:20

We are therefore Christs ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christs behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin be sin for us, so that through him we might become the righteousness of God!

Lets win some for Christ! It doesnt always take a sermon to do this!

Isaiah 60
Arise, shine, for the glory of the Lord rises upon you! Nations will come to your light and Kings to the brightness of your dawn.

Lord, give us your glory so we can be the kind of ambassadors that draw Kings to you!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
What a love story...
I don't know if you even realize the power of your words as ministry to others, chica, especially the little things like this. But I see it. God bless you, and sweet sleep always....

I can't sleep but while I was dozing this song came to mind I have no video right now but I just keep thinking of the words

Yes Jesus loves me,yes Jesus loves me,Yes Jesus loves me because the Bible tells me so...

LoveisYou

my feelings are hurt

A few months ago "a friend" said to me "If I didn't know you outside of Facebook, I probably wouldn't like you, what's with the Bible quotes?" the she laughed it off as if she was joking so I never pursued her question. She then said you know I would just think you were extremely uptight and judgmental with those quotes but in real life you are sweet.

Just for some background, my FB posts are a mixture of fashion, politics and Biblical words of encouragement including scriptures. Of all the things the things I post, it seems like she had an issue with the "Bible quotes."

Fast forward to today, she said the following "I can't stand the Bible scripture posters on Facebook, they do too much, I can't stand them"

Now I've gotten so many messages from people saying how much the quotes I post encourage them and while I do notice some backlash against sharing scriptures on FB, I didn't expect the backlash from "a friend." Especially because she knows how much my faith means to me. While she's not in my inner circle, she has sought out my advice numerous times, and we've shared a lot. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, nevertheless I'm hurt.