BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Leo24Rule

Yep girl, with all these challenges you're in your hair should be growing, thriving, and healthy from root to tip. You can do it! Are you taking any hair growth aids orally? Dang, 4 kids? You were BUSY! Hopefully, this year I can start my family. I really want 4 of my own, but my boyfriend has 2 so I'll be content with just 2 :)

SpiritJunkie

I use the Bmb (blue moon beauty) brand. I use nylon wig caps. I only wore my wigs 3 days a week while I worked. At home i just wear my celie braids. I never ever sleep in wigs. My edges thinned from wearing braids a lot in college and recently I had 4 kids (from 08 until 13). Postpartum shedding was horrible. I might do a thick edges challenge next year :)

Please do the challenge!!! I'm in.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yep girl, with all these challenges you're in your hair should be growing, thriving, and healthy from root to tip. You can do it! Are you taking any hair growth aids orally? Dang, 4 kids? You were BUSY! Hopefully, this year I can start my family. I really want 4 of my own, but my boyfriend has 2 so I'll be content with just 2 :)

Haha yes! I was busy. But now we are done.

I am taking Purvana Hsn vitamins and biotin by Natrol. My growth last year was pretty slow. I only have 3 inches of roots. I dyed my hair last November. In 2015 I plan to grow and retain between 4-6 inches, thicken my edges and perfect my regimen.

Leo24Rule

The only HSN vitamin I took were the Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin, and Nails which I will repurchase. I hear ya on trying to perfect our regimens. Amen to that one!

iLurk

i used aphogee 2 step for the first time ever and man you can not be sloppy with this stuff. i got some on my shoulders trying to apply it and ended up having to shower to get it off. My hair does feel different now though

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have used that before, but it is very messy..and stinky. I prefer Nexxus Emergencee, because it's quicker, odorless and stops breakage in its tracks. The Aphogee 2 minute is pretty good too

PlainJane

Purchased a few bottles of keracare hydrating detangling shampoo since it was 50% off for Black Friday. No more experimenting with shampoos, I'll just stick to this.

iLurk

Prettymetty man it stinks so bad. i'll probably try out nexxus after i finish off the 2 step, i only got the 4 oz bottle so it probably won't take that long to finish off.

i think my hair is starting to pick up again. I think I have an inch of growth but I'm not going to straighten again until later next month

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Purchased a few bottles of keracare hydrating detangling shampoo since it was 50% off for Black Friday. No more experimenting with shampoos, I'll just stick to this.

I wish I had known about the sale. I am almost out of detangling shampoo. I didn't do much shopping today. I just bought a few pair of shoes/boots and some accessories. I'm waiting on cyber Monday :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got some new headbands last night. This one is my favorite. It's a stretch lace band. I got a pink stretchy one and a floral satin pink one.

Attachments

• 20141128_215741.jpg
    20141128_215741.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 67

Leo24Rule

Yesterday I boiled my tea concoction of green, black, coffee, and nettle. My first time making a spritz. I just hope my experiment works and doesn't make my hair break off. My ends are soft and supple. I braided my hair up in 10 braids and wigged it yesterday. It was a long straight wig. My boyfriend kept complimenting me saying I should wear my hair like that more often lol

Leo24Rule

I got some new headbands last night. This one is my favorite. It's a stretch lace band. I got a pink stretchy one and a floral satin pink one.

Cute headbands. Those are literally headbands or your made it out of a scarf? I lately, have been buying the faux braid headbands--makes you look like you have more hair and did intricate hair styles :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Cute headbands. Those are literally headbands or your made it out of a scarf? I lately, have been buying the faux braid headbands--makes you look like you have more hair and did intricate hair styles :yep:

These are real headbands. They are stretchy lace material and about 2 inches thick all around.
Perfect for when I rock buns to work :rocker:

Eta I like the braided ones too. Like this one

Attachments

• 20141126_154722.jpg
    20141126_154722.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

TeeSGee

I would like to join. I cut my relaxer off after transitioning for 21 months.

Current length: APL
Hair: Natural
Goal Month: May 2015
Current Reggie: wash every 2 wks, Dc Every 2 wks, Protein 1x monthly. I tension blow dry and straighten using 1 pass or blow dry and bun. I get less breakage with straight hair.
What do y plan on changing to make it to BSL: moisturize and seal more often and keep my ends protected.

Starting Pic:

View attachment 285943

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

iLurk

doing a lazy wig regime from now til it starts getting warm again. What that means is

Moisturize and seal every other day
wash and dc every 2 weeks
Wear hair in 4 loose braids with a tiny bit of hair out in the front... i have a curly wig so i can get away with not so flat hair underneath
will also finger detangle once a week day just to keep my new growth from matting up.

protein treatments still scheduled for every 6 weeks and trims every 8.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm gonna dry shampoo my hair today. I think I will use dry poo once a week to keep my hair light and bouncy :)

Leo24Rule

For those who braid their hair as protective hair styles alone or under braids...do you re-braid daily? If not what do you do with the fly-aways and tame the hair above the braids so the hair won't knot up?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
For those who braid their hair as protective hair styles alone or under braids...do you re-braid daily? If not what do you do with the fly-aways and tame the hair above the braids so the hair won't knot up?

When I wear braids I redo them weekly. I use aloe vera juice as a detangler and Hello Hydration as a leave in. This combo keeps the fly-aways away

Leo24Rule

Oh I see, 'cause I have been doing them daily or if lazy just keep the same braids in tact and slather Shea Butter on all braids. Then pin up under a wig or include the braids in some type of protective style.

ackee walk

ok, so went to the salon today to get a treatment and straighten my hair. pissed because i'd gotten to bsl but her "trim" took me back to apl. so, the first pic below was my true progress pic but the second one with the striped shirt showing is my starting pic after she butchered me ugh.

IMG_20141130_142839595_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141130_195752332_HDR.jpg

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
ok, so went to the salon today to get a treatment and straighten my hair. pissed because i'd gotten to bsl but her "trim" took me back to apl. so, the first pic below was my true progress pic but the second one with the striped shirt showing is my starting pic after she butchered me ugh.

Your hair is EXTREMELY lovely BUT why didn't you stop her!?! Why'd you let her cut your hair????

OMG....I just broke a sweat. Birds need to peck out her eyes!!!!

I'm sorry.....I'm ready to take my earrings off. That's ridiculous that she did that to you

ackee walk

Your hair is EXTREMELY lovely BUT why didn't you stop her!?! Why'd you let her cut your hair????

OMG....I just broke a sweat. Birds need to peck out her eyes!!!!

I'm sorry.....I'm ready to take my earrings off. That's ridiculous that she did that to you

i had NO idea she was cutting that much! she showed me what she was going to cut and it looked to be about .5 inch/1 inch at most. then i get home to take my pic and i see how much she cut. if i had any clue she was cutting that much, i would have stopped her. you kidding me? i'm so heated right now. you know how long it took me to get to BSL?? i am up.set.

Leo24Rule

View attachment 286129

View attachment 286127

OMG! Whhyyyyy? Did she give you some type of explanation as to why she needed to cut so much off??:nono:

ackee walk

OMG! Whhyyyyy? Did she give you some type of explanation as to why she needed to cut so much off??:nono:

i didn't ask her because i didn't know she was going to do that to me. this is a lesson learned. i will never trust her to trim my hair again. hell, i'm not trusting any stylist to trim my hair

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm sorry ackee walk. Your hair is still beautiful and you will get back to bsl in no time. My stylist did the same thing to me last month and I am on track to be bsl again in the Spring. Let's grow it back together :bighug:

Leo24Rule

^^ Yes, trim your own; that's what I do. AND you can save your own money and put it towards something else (new clothes, make-up, hair products, a rainy day, or toward a vacation). Either go for wash/blow dry or flat iron, but do your own trimming. That's how I was raised (besides my mom went to Beauty School). Sorry off topic...or take the time out to read the forums here on how to do amazing blow outs, flat irons, rollersets, etc. Sorry girl.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i didn't ask her because i didn't know she was going to do that to me. this is a lesson learned. i will never trust her to trim my hair again. hell, i'm not trusting any stylist to trim my hair

I'm going to buy a good pair of shears so I can do my own trims. I just have to learn how to properly trim layers

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

That sucks! ackee walk. :nono: I've seen this happen time and time again though...Learn to trim your own hair. Look up youtubes about it.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i had NO idea she was cutting that much! she showed me what she was going to cut and it looked to be about .5 inch/1 inch at most. then i get home to take my pic and i see how much she cut. if i had any clue she was cutting that much, i would have stopped her. you kidding me? i'm so heated right now. you know how long it took me to get to BSL?? i am up.set.

I'm sorry Hunny. :(

Please learn how to trim your own hair. Your ends should be all set now. So you won't need a trim for awhile.

This is gonna sound silly but buy some good shears, get a few $10 wigs on sale...put your hair up .....slap a wig on... And practice trimming your hair on the wigs. It works.

quirkydimples

You can also go to Super Cuts or some place similar. That's where I go. You're facing a mirror the entire time. All they do is cut all day (for the most part), and they know how to follow directions. Plus the cost is between $10 and $14. Quick and cheap.