Best YouTube Weave Gurus

Belle Du Jour

I am going to transition from wigs to weaves and I know there is a LOT of info out there. Can anyone recommend some good YT gurus to start with?

I'll probably get it done professionally and eventually learn to do my own. Any recommendations on hair would also be appreciated.

One more thing--my hair is natural so I'd ideally like to leave no hair out. But I want as natural a look as possible. Any recommendations on closures or invisible parts, etc would be appreciated as well. Thanks! :yep:

FoxxyLocs

I need this thread too. I want to learn to do a decent looking full sew in. I'll come back and post some vids I've found so far once I'm on my desktop.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Caramel Hottie UK

I am natural too and went for kinky curly, it's really easy to blend, I just do a twist out on my leave out and it's fine

Eta, hair is a u part I made myself following one of hairdelacremes vids, i didnt add combs or clips to it, just have sewn it on around the perimeter, I have my hairline and small horseshoe left out

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2260188585.jpg
    image-2260188585.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Boujoichic

I have viewed teasedblackpearls and fabulousityisme videos their installs look so glamourous but their natural hair looks like its not in the best condition anyone know of a guru who installs and also focuses on hair health

nlv

I have viewed teasedblackpearls and fabulousityisme videos their installs look so glamourous but their natural hair looks like its not in the best condition anyone know of a guru who installs and also focuses on hair health

LuvBeaute
LadyBlendMUA

^^ same person. She's natural and wears installs.

cutiebe2

http://www.youtube.com/user/thomasadrianna
fabulasityisme
Teasedblackpearls
http://www.youtube.com/user/xohellokittypinklove
http://www.youtube.com/user/poisonflowerivy?feature=watch

I think most of them practice good hair health. The only thing you have to be worried about is the leave-out so if you do too many straight styles thats a problem. Thomas Adriama just posted about her natural hair yesterday and it looked great except for some heat damage on her leaveout. Morgan Taylor is almost APL

*Frisky*

MrsDivalike's real hair is nice and all she wears is weaves it seems like.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

She is growing her hair out from a very short doo like Megan Good so I think she is doing very good. I remember when I first started watching her she didnt even have enough hair to really even braid. Overall the health of her hair looks good, it may look a little weird from the cut she had but the health seems good.

Belle Du Jour

THANK YOU ladies! I'm looking forward to learning. :yep:

I would rather not deal with heat at all BUT I want a natural look.

caramel_hottie_UK, love your install! But I do want a straight look. . .

FoxxyLocs

curly look w/no leave out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEr0kBJsN94&list=HL1343177069&feature=mh_lolz

straight w/closure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu2MHYyFcbo&feature=plcp

invisible part pull over method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxyzz6XcJe8

straight w/bangs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAwOJFz60Qg

These are the best looks I've found with no leave out. I've only seen one or two invisible parts that looked decent. Most of them look horrible. I think the key is not to make the part too wide or too deep.

I love the closure looks, but I don't want to spend the extra money for my first try. I'm also nervous about the bangs b/c IDK if I could do a good job cutting them. The curly look seems like it would be the easiest one to pull off. I'm still deciding...

virtuenow

FoxxyLocs kiannaluv does full weave tutorials with no parts or anything, and she seems able to make it lay right. I have not seen a good invisible part video that looks realistic. I will check out those links.

Belle Du Jour

These are the best looks I've found with no leave out. I've only seen one or two invisible parts that looked decent. Most of them look horrible. I think the key is not to make the part too wide or too deep.

I love the closure looks, but I don't want to spend the extra money for my first try. I'm also nervous about the bangs b/c IDK if I could do a good job cutting them. The curly look seems like it would be the easiest one to pull off. I'm still deciding...

I'll check these videos out. :yep: I just can't stand obviously fake looking hair. So for my first weave, I may just keep it simple and leave a little of my hair out and deal with straightening with heat. We'll see. . .

LucieLoo12

What type of hair is this? Its beautiful!
Caramel Hottie UK

I am natural too and went for kinky curly, it's really easy to blend, I just do a twist out on my leave out and it's fine

Eta, hair is a u part I made myself following one of hairdelacremes vids, i didnt add combs or clips to it, just have sewn it on around the perimeter, I have my hairline and small horseshoe left out

trendsetta25

Caramel Hottie UK this looks AMAZING!!!! Love it! What kind of hair is this?

camilla

SUBBING MY LIST IS LONG AT WORK WILL UPDATE WHEN I GET HOME
scee1206
eveschild848
peekmill
young weave addict
i will post more later

Mane Event

Wow! I'm impressed! Her hair looks great!

I'm not into lace fronts but I would definitely rock this! Now, I just need to see how did this but can't find her how-to video! HELP!!!!
THIS is a closure?!?! :thud: This is exactly the look I'm going for. She's stunning!

camilla

;trendsetta2516475167 said:
@Caramel Hottie UK little ol me? :thud::woohoo2:

Thanks...OP I try to be a thorough with my tutorials...if you need more assistance let me know.
trendsetta25 yes little ole you i have been a subbie for a min idk you were a member im about to hop on the BQE from westchester and get my hurrr did:lachen: