If black people wash their hair everyday it will fall out?!

♦K.O♦

I *WOULD* go there with her. Had she said it to the OP one on one, maybe not. But she said it in front of an entire class. Being the instructor of the class, unless someone interjects, those students will believe whatever that "authority" has to say. I wish I was in that class. I would have schooled her and broke it down to the science. Forensics instructor my ass.

Barbara

Princess
Less manipulation is better for our hair; however, I know a woman who comes into the salon in the afternoon to get her hair done; then she will wash it later on that night. My stylist says: "It’s in very good condition, though, plus she washes it a few times a week.” Why she does this? I don’t know.

There is a popular myth that African American hair will not grow. That's why it’s prevalent to see beauty supply stores in African American neighborhoods saturated with floor to ceiling, wall to wall hair weaves, extensions, wigs, etc., especially in beauty supply stores owned by Asians. The majority of their customers are African Americans, so what else are they suppose to believe? We as a whole were never taught how to take care of our hair. Thank God for hair salons, because my hair would never receive compliments from friends, workmates, relatives and strangers. Years later, I learned about Wanakee Verifen Complex products and realized that a lot of things I was doing was beneficial to my hair—even though I wasn’t aware of it. I applied new techniques that Wanakee recommended; then it really took off to the surprise of my stylist. My stylist doesn’t recommend daily washing for African Americans. He feels that once a week is fine, though, because he said yeas ago: “Our hair is too fragile, and it is the weakest of all nationalities. African American women as a whole don’t know how to take care of their hair.” Incidentally, his customers have the longest hair than any of the other customers in the salon.

The Asians that I work with and the ones in my beauty salon know that some of us don't need to add hair to our head to make it long. They are astonished to see our hair gradually grow to bra clasp or waist length. I have even had my hair washed and detangled by my Vietnamese manicurist several times when my stylist gets backed up. So some of them know, but even Whites say the same thing: “African American hair just don’t grow.” This is what they were taught.

Some African American women don’t want to work with their hair. They want it to be black, straight and shiny like Asians hair, so they demand their stylist that it’s dyed jet black and pressed extremely hard. It started falling out in clots. Then they want to be really creative with their hair, and their hair cannot handle the daily abuse, because it’s fragile. As I told my coworker: “We have to work with our hair, not work against it, and that’s where the problem lies.” Then they turn to wigs, weaves (which my stylist says that’s not good for the hair in the long run), braids, dyed, perm, etc. I’ve seen it all with my coworker.

She’s been obsessed with her hair all her life, and when all the weaves, braids, etc., are removed, her stylist has to cut her real hair short because of the abuse her hair has suffered. She’s always asking me questions about my hair even before I stumbled across the Wanakee Verifen Complex products. When I learned about Wanakee’s regimen, I let her copy the brochure, and she’s seen the products shipped into the office. In fact, she brings the boxes to me, and I showed the items to her--but she’s going to do what she wants to do, because as she says: “But I want my hair to be this way or that way,” so what else can I say? Nothing much.

AvaSpeaks

I *WOULD* go there with her. Had she said it to the OP one on one, maybe not. But she said it in front of an entire class. Being the instructor of the class, unless someone interjects, those students will believe whatever that "authority" has to say. I wish I was in that class. I would have schooled her and broke it down to the science. Forensics instructor my ass.

OMG! You are so right. I would had told her a thing or two and then follow up with her after class was over just to make sure she understood what I was saying :evilbanana:

Bad enough we hear this nonsense from our on people, now we have to hear it from someone else. Please, SMH :wallbash:

itismehmmkay

Is this her own opinion or does she have test, samples , results?..I believe facts are based on evidence ...not opinions!:ignore: RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I can't believe she said that all out and about...and a science teacher at that. Are you the only Black person?

The truth is that we can do anything to our hair that we want! :yep:

AvaSpeaks

You know though, it's seems like it's just African American women with this problem of "non-growing" hair. Black men hair grows like wildfire! And when I see sistas from other countries and different African countries, they can grow their hair longer.

So what is it with Black American women? What are we doing differently to our hair?

spiceykitten

OMG! You are so right. I would had told her a thing or two and then follow up with her after class was over just to make sure she understood what I was saying :evilbanana:

Bad enough we hear this nonsense from our on people, now we have to hear it from someone else. Please, SMH :wallbash:

You could not be one of my students. I would be like :look:. It would go down like that..:yep:. You would know what I am saying :evilbanana:.

I could think of good way to approach her but I understand your anger, so I am not mad at you.:yep:

spiceykitten

Less manipulation is better for our hair; however, I know a woman who comes into the salon in the afternoon to get her hair done; then she will wash it later on that night. My stylist says: "It’s in very good condition, though, plus she washes it a few times a week.” Why she does this? I don’t know.

There is a popular myth that African American hair will not grow. That's why it’s prevalent to see beauty supply stores in African American neighborhoods saturated with floor to ceiling, wall to wall hair weaves, extensions, wigs, etc., especially in beauty supply stores owned by Asians. The majority of their customers are African Americans, so what else are they suppose to believe? We as a whole were never taught how to take care of our hair. Thank God for hair salons, because my hair would never receive compliments from friends, workmates, relatives and strangers. Years later, I learned about Wanakee Verifen Complex products and realized that a lot of things I was doing was beneficial to my hair—even though I wasn’t aware of it. I applied new techniques that Wanakee recommended; then it really took off to the surprise of my stylist. My stylist doesn’t recommend daily washing for African Americans. He feels that once a week is fine, though, because he said yeas ago: “Our hair is too fragile, and it is the weakest of all nationalities. African American women as a whole don’t know how to take care of their hair.” Incidentally, his customers have the longest hair than any of the other customers in the salon.

The Asians that I work with and the ones in my beauty salon know that some of us don't need to add hair to our head to make it long. They are astonished to see our hair gradually grow to bra clasp or waist length. I have even had my hair washed and detangled by my Vietnamese manicurist several times when my stylist gets backed up. So some of them know, but even Whites say the same thing: “African American hair just don’t grow.” This is what they were taught.

Some African American women don’t want to work with their hair. They want it to be black, straight and shiny like Asians hair, so they demand their stylist that it’s dyed jet black and pressed extremely hard. It started falling out in clots. Then they want to be really creative with their hair, and their hair cannot handle the daily abuse, because it’s fragile. As I told my coworker: “We have to work with our hair, not work against it, and that’s where the problem lies.” Then they turn to wigs, weaves (which my stylist says that’s not good for the hair in the long run), braids, dyed, perm, etc. I’ve seen it all with my coworker.

She’s been obsessed with her hair all her life, and when all the weaves, braids, etc., are removed, her stylist has to cut her real hair short because of the abuse her hair has suffered. She’s always asking me questions about my hair even before I stumbled across the Wanakee Verifen Complex products. When I learned about Wanakee’s regimen, I let her copy the brochure, and she’s seen the products shipped into the office. In fact, she brings the boxes to me, and I showed the items to her--but she’s going to do what she wants to do, because as she says: “But I want my hair to be this way or that way,” so what else can I say? Nothing much.

Very good post.:yep:

bravenewgirl87

ITA! Too much heat will ravage your hair.