PERM ROD SET ON SHORTER NATURAL HAIR?

soslychic

I would love to try a perm rod set for a curly look on my natural hair. I was wondering if anyone had done this on shortish (6 inches about) length hair. What was your method? What size rollers and what products did you use? Any pics?
Even if your hair was longer, please share your info. I'm trying to gather everything I can

babyblue

Ive done this before. I used gel with some oil so it wouldnt dry hard. I rolled my hair on the long bendable rods (orange) in 1 inch sections. The end result was a very bouffant bouncy curly shirley temple kind of look. I ended up putting some flat twists in the front and the style held for about a week. It looked real cute. too bad i dont have a pic. I suggest usinng the soft bendable rods because they are more comfortable to sleep in than the hard rods. HTH

soslychic

thanks bb! I could never figure out how to use those flexi rods, much less on short natural hair.
They just won't stay for me

lovelymissyoli

I pulled off this style when my hair was natural but I think it could look better now that I relaxed my hair since I no longer have all the poofiness. I mainly used the pink perm rods (about 35 of them), a few white rods, and a couple of purple ones. I wanted a ton of curls and Sally’s Beauty Supply had perm rods on sale for 49 cents so I stocked up on them.

My method was pretty simple. After washing my hair I sectioned my hair in about 20-30 sections and secured them with Ouchless rubber bands. I sprayed each section with a mixture of leave-in conditioner, olive oils, and a few drops of setting lotion. I let it sit overnight and took off the rubber bands. After that all I did was separate the curls for my desired look and sprayed on some sheen. They style lasts for about 3 days. HTH

***There are pics in my album***

CocoaButterflyy

i've done it and it came out really cute I washed detangled and then divided it into sections used some foam setting lotion then roller set sprayed with oil and sat under the dryer 30 min and airdryed the rest of the time

soslychic

Thanks so much guys! This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Quick question: About how much does a pack of very small perm rods from Sally's cost and how many are there to a pack? Thanks a million