Best Drain Unclogger (Hair Buildup)...

karezone

cosiging on the hair catcher. I have only had two clogged drains in 4 years. I use it every time I wash.

dlewis

I didn't read through all the posts, but I use something called "Liquid Fire", but be very careful. If you have old pipes it will eat through the pipes. It can be found at the Hardware Store. It will eat through anything. I waist some on the counter and got a towel to clean it up and it ate through the fabric. BE VERY CAREFUL AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Soleado

What you may want to try too is unscrewing the latch on your bathtub that you use to open and close the drain. I got this tidbit from the maintainance folks in my building. I was buying all this liquid plummer and drano and still with very little success. The told me about doing this and once I pull it out I saw all this hair and other buildup attach. Once I clean that out and screwed it back on my water was flowing without a problem at all.

Tee

Allandra said:
I use a hair catcher everytime I shampoo/condition my hair. That way, I don't have to worry about trying to unclog my drain later. It looks like a little white hat with holes in it.

I picked up one of those at bed bath and beyond and it never stayed put. I ended up trashing it. (Bad suction on mine)

Tee

UPDATE on my previous post.

OMG. I used the ZipIT and I was so grossed out at all the hair I kept pulling out of my drains. I would have NEVER guessed I had that much crap down there. (And I use drain cleaners at least 2 times a month) I know I will always keep one of these handy dandy tools around. I love this it!!

Sha76

Allandra said:
I use a hair catcher everytime I shampoo/condition my hair. That way, I don't have to worry about trying to unclog my drain later. It looks like a little white hat with holes in it.

Amen to that. I don't think my drains would have survived all the hair that I have shedded over the years