Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy OMGee!! I feel the same freaking way...I know I am going to have to go through some type of re-introduction therapy to wear my hair out all the time!!! But the crazy thing is that when I'm wearing it straight, I know that I'm pulling on it, it's breaking off at least in my mind...:blush: :blush: :blush:

Exactly!!!! :grin:

OMG!!!!! the both of you sound like you need help I cannot think of the name but you love something so much that you don't want to touch it don't want anyone to see it. well isn't this what you been growing for??? let it all hang out ladies... we want to enjoy also LOL

Dang Shadiyah, You just gonna come along and shame the both of us, huh? *sigh* I know you're right. But yeah, I'm gonna need a 12 step program. :grin:

prospurr4

I'm in. I'll post starting pics at the beg of 2012.

Wow @mwedzi! I took a double-take at your siggy pic. Your hair is so thick and gorgeous!

ETA: I am gonna really have to raise my "retention" game, because you ladies has some seriously beautiful hair. *putting hair in bun*

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm in but i don't know where hl is on me. Do i claim it when hair is past wl?

I was waiting to see if anyone else would chime in but, put your hands on your hips (resting on the hipbone). Tah dow! That's it. At least, that's how I'm telling it. :yep:

Carrie A

NJoy Ok so I was goofing off washing this dishes and dancing to my favorite jams. So why did I try and do your siggy move. I fell over, backwards, forward, and sideways. I could not get my neck coordinated, my joints were all tight, and my knees were like da h3ll this girl doin' to us.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NJoy Ok so I was goofing off washing this dishes and dancing to my favorite jams. So why did I try and do your siggy move. I fell over, backwards, forward, and sideways. I could not get my neck coordinated, my joints were all tight, and my knees were like da h3ll this girl doin' to us.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Girl please. I'm gonna be able to get that one of these days. But today, :nono:

leona2025

I'm scared, but I will join. If I can just stay away from the scissors! I got a really nice trim a while ago and I've conquered my love of heat. So maybe I can make it. :ohwell: Yeah right:lachen::lachen:, but I am joining anyways.

Vitals

Current Length:IDK

Regimen: I wash and condition 1 to 3 times a week. Depends on how lazy I have been. If I didn't wrap my hair up or put it on rollers and it's a dry tangled mess, than I have to wash and condition it to "reset" the process, lol. No way I can detangle a dry mess.

I put on a protein conditioner for half the time I'm in the shower. Rinse and then use a moisturizing conditioner and I use silicon mix conditioner as my leave in.

Plans: No trims. Minimal heat. Ponytails and buns.

Hip Length Date::look: December 31, 2012
Current length pictures: What length am I? How many inches do I need for Wl and then Hl? I really need the keep the scissor out my hand support. I can not stop cutting.

AngelEyez

Please count me in! :)

Current Length: few inches beyond WL

Regimen: wash 2x month/ low mani/ heat 1x month/ scalp massages/ K.I.S.S.
Plans: I want to try some more cute updos ...I've been wearing my hair in the same style for quite some time... I also plan on cutting in a bang before Christmas

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

Plans: I want to try some more cute updos ...I've been wearing my hair in the same style for quite some time... I also plan on cutting in a bang before Christmas

Heyyyy you look HL already!!! #jealous

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Lucia

AngelEyez
In the challenge, you are the challenge :lachen:

regina07

Happy Monday ladies! I've had a week of little-to-no breakage and minimal shedding. To top it off, my hair feels amazing. Soft, silky to touch with lots of bounce. I'm guessing this is 'happy hair'??? Happy hair being what you get when you get your reggie just right ....

I don't think I retained anything since Aug -- but I'm ok with that if the extreme shedding is over. I can figure out how to retain length but I gotta have hair on my head first! KWIM?

Hope y'all are having a good start of the week

keepithealthy

There is some drool worthy hair up in dis thread!! One day I will be able to join in a Hip Length challenge but for now. I'm cheering from the side lines. HHG ladies!

Kn0ttyByNatur3

Well, I am totally starting this challenge off on the wrong foot. Washed my hair yesterday and didn't put nothin in that bad boy. Its beyond dry.

#lazy

Lucia

Janet'
Hi,
everythings going at a good pace, I'm on top of my regimen and PS-ing. I know I can make WL then HL this coming year for sure.
How are you doing?

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
What the?!

*walks by and snatches the Brillo Power Rings from @Kn0ttyByNatur3 and leona2025 *

No! :spank: Noooo!!! We're not playing that here, do you understand?! :spank: And don't make me take out my switch again!

wheezy807

How many of you ladies are in the WHIP 2012 challenge and now in this one??? I'm trying decided what i want to do...