My new weave!!! (Pics Inside and Self Installed)

trendsetta25

So it's been officially 1 week since I installed my weave for the month (i plan on taking it out Oct 9th for a event on the 10th). I was tired of doing my own hair so I installed this weave to give me variety without me damaging my real hair. The hair I decided to purchase is from the Dream Weaver's Model Model line and the style is Body Wave (bought 16 inches, 14 inches and 12 inches). I used about about 2 1/2 packs (1 full pack of 16 inch, 3/4 of the 14 inch and 1/2 of the 12 inch) and doubled the tracks when I sewed it in for fullness. The hair in total came up to $101 with a 10% back to school discount at my local beauty supply store. I was skeptical after buying the hair because the price was so cheap. After doing my research on hairsisters.com I found out that there were good reviews for the hair:

Ms. REDICT - Hello Ladies" This hair is so pretty. i been wearing it since May, same weave. I mixed this hair with the Model Model SOHO Curl. I just love it!!! DO NOT USE ANY HAIR PRODUCTS ON THIS HAIR, other than a little spray shine. I use Bonfi Wig Spray Shine in the purple bottle and that is about all I have put on this hair.. I shampoo it 1-2 times a week with with Pantene or Infusim23 shampoos. I like big curls so I use a curling rod on this hair once a week. It has lot of body and movement, and hold a beautiful curl.. Ms Johnson the 12" will come right a your shoulders or slightly pass, but not much. If you want a longer look, I recommend you purchase one 16" an 12". Put the 16" on bottom tracks and 12" on top. This will give you a natural layered curly look.. You have to remember hair is measure for length in its straight form before process with chemical to give it its wavy look. So a 12" curly / wavy hair is going to look like 10" when wavy / curly. This applies to all weaving hair brands."

Ms. CRAWFORD - "I got a sew-in with this hair yesterday. It is so soft and does not tangle. It looks absolutely beautiful. I got so many compliments and its only been two days. I bought two packs of 1B, I had a little hair left over. I am going to Miami for vacation for a week so I will give an update when I come back to let you guys know how it holds up."

Ms. GOMEZ - "I purchased this hair on July 10th for my family vac to Disney World, I was able to go to the water parks, swim, get in hot tub without any TANGLES it was wonderful once wet the waves loosen up but I have flat iron my hair it it still looks GREAT I have very course hair and this texture matched PERFECTLY. I have worn Saga, Bohyme, and even this hair from CA called extensions plus which is $200 per 2oz. This hair is truly worth trying once because you'll never wear anything else for sure! I ordered 2 pks of 14in"

I freaking LOVE this hair!!!:drunk: When I walked into work on Friday I got so many compliments from my co-workers. Even my manager (who is a white male) stopped mid sentence to tell me "I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" Ladies this hair is a keeper and my money was well spent.:yep::yep::yep:

Without further ado...here's my pics:
Blowdried

Braid Pattern I Used

Length Shot/Style

thanks for looking!!! :spinning:

Thann

I had to come out of lurkdom to comment :)

Your install looks flawless! That's a very pretty bodywave hair btw, its pattern falls much more natural than most bodywaves. How have you been maintaining the wave pattern over the last week?

trendsetta25

I had to come out of lurkdom to comment :)

Your install looks flawless! That's a very pretty bodywave hair btw, its pattern falls much more natural than most bodywaves. How have you been maintaining the wave pattern over the last week?

i two strand twist it every night and sleep with a silk bonnet with a string

lux10023

i verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry rarely use the term jealous...

but im jealous that you or anyone can do your own weaves--you know how much money yor saving by putting in your own weave---esp in nyc...gurlllll

it looks great!!!!

Makenzie

I'm in the process of researching hair now. Will have to look into this further. Even so, your hair is gorgeous. You did a fab job and it looks great on you.:yep:

beana

This looks incredible!!! :) and you are very pretty

I just purchased some hair and its an exact match for my hair texture and color... i cant wait to get it installed!