Silicon Mix! Where U Been All My Life?

Katt73

I purchased some Silicon Mix at the BSS yesterday and I :kiss: this stuff!!!

I just washed with ORS Creamy Aloe and deep conditioned (hot towel and plastic cap) with Silicon Mix. My hair is just about completely air dried and it is SO SOFT I can't believe it! This is totally new for my 4B hair which, generally, air dries kind of crunchy. I highly recommend it to all the 4's.

Added bonus (or not, depending on how you look at it): I'm gonna have to fight off my SO when I go to bed because he's really feelin' the smell...

I am so grateful for this forum! You ladies are the best for turning me on to this stuff!

ShiShiPooPoo

I KNOW!! I KNOW!! (jumping up and down):yay:

This is my holy grail of hair products. I had to order mine and so was really taking a chance. I have the poo and con. When I tell you that my hair is as manageable as all get out and I am 11 weeks post? I can flat iron my hair after using it and it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. Oh, how I wish there was a BSS that carried it here in the ATL. Congratulations!

BioGeekChic

Katt73 said:
I purchased some Silicon Mix at the BSS yesterday and I :kiss: this stuff!!!

I just washed with ORS Creamy Aloe and deep conditioned (hot towel and plastic cap) with Silicon Mix. My hair is just about completely air dried and it is SO SOFT I can't believe it! This is totally new for my 4B hair which, generally, air dries kind of crunchy. I highly recommend it to all the 4's.

Added bonus (or not, depending on how you look at it): I'm gonna have to fight off my SO when I go to bed because he's really feelin' the smell...

I am so grateful for this forum! You ladies are the best for turning me on to this stuff!

That's great I've been trying to find it @ a BSS in Chicago but no such luck. Where did u get urs? Thanks in advance.

Katt73

BioGeekChic said:
That's great I've been trying to find it @ a BSS in Chicago but no such luck. Where did u get urs? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, girl...I found it in NJ when I was visiting my family.

Guyaneek

Katt73 said:

Where did you get it in NJ? I have been wanting to try this stuff for quite some time. Your post may have pushed me over the edge :lol: :look:

SvelteVelvet

That's great! I wish it was accessible on land for me, guess I'll just have to order a 24 oz. tub for my refill. I'm expecting my poo and leave-in any day now. I wanted more products from it because I love the smell so much and of course, the way it makes my hair feel. Can't wait to use the whole prod. line together.

Katt73

Guyaneek said:
Where did you get it in NJ? I have been wanting to try this stuff for quite some time. Your post may have pushed me over the edge :lol: :look:

I got it in South Jersey at this great BSS! It's in Willingboro (about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia) located in the "Great Marketplace" on Rt. 130. They have EVERYTHING Dominican...I spent $50 in there on Silicon Mix, Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, and all sorts of other stuff. The owners are Puerto Rican and stock all sorts of stuff.

Energist

I just had to chime in that yeah this stuff is off the hook! I just used some yesterday after my wash and rinse.

spelmanlocks

Is this the Rivas Silicon Mix? I used this stuff for the first time yesterday and thought the smell was awful (smells like cheap soap), but it did make my hair softer.

Katt73

Sheenaspelman said:
Is this the Rivas Silicon Mix? I used this stuff for the first time yesterday and thought the smell was awful (smells like cheap soap), but it did make my hair softer.

I used the Avanti. It smells like baby powder to me.

natstar

Katt73 said:

:( :( My bad. I should have read the first part of the thread! I wish there was a place in Chicago for dominican products :(

mw138

I :love: Silicon Mix! I first used it when I was 11 weeks post relaxer and was floored by how soft my new growth was! It has definitely become a staple of mine. I've found that while other products work well, my hair seems to really be in love with Dominican products. :kiss:

neenee280

Katt73 said:
I got it in South Jersey at this great BSS! It's in Willingboro (about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia) located in the "Great Marketplace" on Rt. 130. They have EVERYTHING Dominican...I spent $50 in there on Silicon Mix, Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, and all sorts of other stuff. The owners are Puerto Rican and stock all sorts of stuff.

I see myself going over the bridge right now. LOL! I have to travel all the way to NE philly to get my dominican stuff. Good to know there is another place I can go. Thanks! BTW, I love the Silicon too. SO uses it for his "spinnas" :lachen:

wheezy807

natstar said:
:( :( My bad. I should have read the first part of the thread! I wish there was a place in Chicago for dominican products :(

i just pm'ed BGC, just go to http://www.dominicanhaircare.com/salons then type in your info and it will direct you to a dominican salon near you. Some dominican salons also sell products, you can always call first. ;)

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

neenee280 said:
I see myself going over the bridge right now. LOL! I have to travel all the way to NE philly to get my dominican stuff. Good to know there is another place I can go. Thanks! BTW, I love the Silicon too. SO uses it for his "spinnas" :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: how cute!

londa70

Yeah that silicon mix is no joke. The leave-in is now one of my staples. I haven't found a leave-in that can match it!

scarcity21

KAtt 73 are u natural 4B or relaxed? Any natural 4 B use this with great results...pls let a sista know?????

scarcity21