Paging Caramela

G

Hello Caramela,
I just saw the archived version of the August feature of the month. Your hair is grogeous and your are very pretty!!! I have been trying for so long to set my hair like that. I do not have as much length as you but i am past my shoulders by a couple of inches. How did your roll your hair to get the curls to come out like that? What rollers>? What products? How did you take it down? How did you maintain it/ sleep on it? Sorry for akll the questions but when I take my braids down I am gonna try this. /images/graemlins/wink.gif <font color="pink"> </font color> <font color="pink"> </font color> <font color="green"> </font color>

G

The style is called flexirods, and surprisingly enough, you use flexirods to get the style!(lol) I start w/wet hair and then spiral set in on the rollers, similar to a straw set. For good hold, I used Motions foaming lotion,( I have found that it's too strong for my straight styles though, I like Paul Mitchell's foaming pomade for any remotely straight style). After I dry it, usually a combo of air drying and hood drying, I just pick it out and run some hair polisher thru it. It normally lasts for about a week. I just clip it up into a mock "ponytail" and put a bonnet on it at night, in the morning, I shake it down and I'm ready to go! Hope this helps /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Sorry one last question...what color rods did u use? the blue or green??
I am gonna try it when I take my braids down <font color="green"> </font color> /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks!

G

<font color="blue">blue rods, and I also used some red ones in the top for height </font color>

G

Thanks...I hope mine comes out as half as pretty as yours did ! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif