ANYONE ELSE STEAM TWICE A WEEK?

I steam twice per week and was wondering if anyone else does this? I have been doing this for over two months now but had read a thread recently that said not to steam too much b/c too much moisture may cause breakage? If you steam twice a week, how long have you been doing so and have you had any negative effects? Thanks in advance!

taz007

I make it a point to steam at least twice a week! Usually I will apply my pre-poo conditioner, steam it in and do my washing routine.

BTW, you have beautiful hair! What is your hair type?

I am clueless about the whole hair type thing and don't really care about it really. I just know my hair is different all over my head.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Love Steaming !:love2: It's the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread!:blush:

If I could, I'd be crazy enough to do it Errrrday!:eek:

Due to Time Constraints... I only Steam Once A Week.:look:

Bluetopia

HOW are you ladies steaming?

If you are using a steamer can you please share the link?

And if you're using some other method...share that as well! :look:

I want to steam badly but folks arent saying what machines they are using and its tricky figuring out whats best.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I want to steam badly but folks arent saying what machines they are using and its tricky figuring out whats best.

Blue: Here it Is!

SmartyPants

I use the home grown steam treatment with the turbie twists.

sunbubbles

oooooo!!!! Im so upset I havent gotten my steamer yet. Ive got to make it a point to get one BEFORE the winter time!!

donewit-it

Does anybody's hair get fluffy after having steamed their hair? I noticed this with my hair. Meaning, there's not as much definition.

LushLox

I steam twice a week but recently I've been doing it three times, just because my hair is in need!

Can't really do it right now, but once I'm able to I think I'm going to sell my steamer and upgrade it to get a Micro Mist Steamer - it sounds fabulous!

Has your hair been damaged by sun, hair colouring, straightening or perming? As you probably already know most hair treatments don't solve this problem. Micro Mist hair is a treatment that uses the power of water to penetrate deep into the hair. It swells the hair and enhances any treatments that you have had.

The micro mist system comes to us from Japan and had been over a decade in the making. The treatment is locked into the hair. Convenient steamers boil water at 100 degrees to create steam. However the height of this temperature often causes more damage to the hair than it repairs. The micro mist system is different as it doesn't steam water; it uses ultra sound to generate mist and warms it in accordance to your hair type; keeping the temperature far below 100 degrees.

The micro mist treatment has six main functions:

• Hot wind - for warming up

• Hot fog - for helping hair absorb nutriments via utilizing the energy generated through cavitations effect.

• Cold fog - for helping the hair cortex absorb nutriments by adapting the quantum technique

• Ozone - for sterilizing and disinfecting

• Aromatic remedy - purifying the hair with water

A treatment using the micro mist system usually lasts just over six minutes, in which time you have several minutes of warmth then a shot of cold, which is used to close the hair cuticles. This is how the treatment is locked into the hair. You walk out of the salon with silky smooth hair that can last between 7 and 10 days and a few weeks.

Out of the six main functions of the micro mist system the three main ones that you need to know most about are the following:

Deep penetration of the hair

Heating activates the molecular movement of treatment agents and water in hair.
At the same time, heated micro mist swells the hair and enhances treatment agents permeate deep into each hair.

Setting in place

Cooled air sent from the fan draws vaporized heat and rapidly soothes the molecular movement that has been activated by heat energy. This action reinforces fixation of treatment agents to the inside of damaged hair.

All over effect

By circulating a large quantity of mist in the hood where the temperature is excellently controlled, the entire hair evenly receives heat energy. Each hair gets a treatment effect and retains moisture, resulting in healthy and youthful hair.

The Micro Mist system repairs and rejuvenates your hair, giving it strength, suppleness and a longer lasting shine.

If you are hoping to take advantage of the great benefits the micro mist system has to offer then get into with your salon today as this treatment is unique to salons and can't be done at home, unless you have over £2,000 spare that is! The micro mist system creates a smooth and relaxing sensation for the customer while the same time provides effective treatment for dry and damaged hair. The micro mist system is said to be the most effective treatment for damaged hair so book your appointment today.

Before I go and make the investment (it's a lot cheaper now fortunately) I'll try it at some salons as I notice several upmarket salons in London seem to be incorporating this treatment. It could well just be all hype though, we will see!

http://www.spalightltd.co.uk/products/Micro_Mist_Professional_Hair_Steamer-5-9.html

shocol

I used to steam 2x/wk. It really helped with keeping my hair from knotting and made detangling very easy.

donewit-it

I steam honestly once a month. I just my Nacidit Olive conditioner and HE Totally twisted as my leave-in.

This is what I always do, so I don't think my products are the issue. It's when I steam.

TIA

LushLox

I steam honestly once a month. I just my Nacidit Olive conditioner and HE Totally twisted as my leave-in.

This is what I always do, so I don't think my products are the issue. It's when I steam.

TIA

You should try and steam more regularly if you can, it makes a whirl of difference to your hair. :lick:

isabella09

I steam twice a week but recently I've been doing it three times, just because my hair is in need!

Can't really do it right now, but once I'm able to I think I'm going to sell my steamer and upgrade it to get a Micro Mist Steamer - it sounds fabulous!

Quote:
Has your hair been damaged by sun, hair colouring, straightening or perming? As you probably already know most hair treatments don't solve this problem. Micro Mist hair is a treatment that uses the power of water to penetrate deep into the hair. It swells the hair and enhances any treatments that you have had.

The micro mist system comes to us from Japan and had been over a decade in the making. The treatment is locked into the hair. Convenient steamers boil water at 100 degrees to create steam. However the height of this temperature often causes more damage to the hair than it repairs. The micro mist system is different as it doesn't steam water; it uses ultra sound to generate mist and warms it in accordance to your hair type; keeping the temperature far below 100 degrees.

The micro mist treatment has six main functions:

• Hot wind - for warming up

• Hot fog - for helping hair absorb nutriments via utilizing the energy generated through cavitations effect.

• Cold fog - for helping the hair cortex absorb nutriments by adapting the quantum technique

• Ozone - for sterilizing and disinfecting

• Aromatic remedy - purifying the hair with water

A treatment using the micro mist system usually lasts just over six minutes, in which time you have several minutes of warmth then a shot of cold, which is used to close the hair cuticles. This is how the treatment is locked into the hair. You walk out of the salon with silky smooth hair that can last between 7 and 10 days and a few weeks.

Out of the six main functions of the micro mist system the three main ones that you need to know most about are the following:

Deep penetration of the hair

Heating activates the molecular movement of treatment agents and water in hair.
At the same time, heated micro mist swells the hair and enhances treatment agents permeate deep into each hair.

Setting in place

Cooled air sent from the fan draws vaporized heat and rapidly soothes the molecular movement that has been activated by heat energy. This action reinforces fixation of treatment agents to the inside of damaged hair.

All over effect

By circulating a large quantity of mist in the hood where the temperature is excellently controlled, the entire hair evenly receives heat energy. Each hair gets a treatment effect and retains moisture, resulting in healthy and youthful hair.

The Micro Mist system repairs and rejuvenates your hair, giving it strength, suppleness and a longer lasting shine.

If you are hoping to take advantage of the great benefits the micro mist system has to offer then get into with your salon today as this treatment is unique to salons and can't be done at home, unless you have over £2,000 spare that is! The micro mist system creates a smooth and relaxing sensation for the customer while the same time provides effective treatment for dry and damaged hair. The micro mist system is said to be the most effective treatment for damaged hair so book your appointment today.

Before I go and make the investment (it's a lot cheaper now fortunately) I'll try it at some salons as I notice several upmarket salons in London seem to be incorporating this treatment. It could well just be all hype though, we will see!

http://www.spalightltd.co.uk/products/Micro_Mist_Professional_Hair_Steamer-5-9.html

After using the Aphrodite 03 Ionic Hair & Face tabletop Steamer for almost a month, I’m wasn’t really happy with it;
1. Some of the plastic pieces in the hood were not aligned which caused the steam to escape from various places in the hood
2. The steam get’s far too hot to the extent that it hurt my scalp
3. The steam wasn’t evenly distributed and the back section of my hair failed to reap as much benefit as the front sections
4. Lastly, the intensity of the steam was subpar
:nono: …… I returned it (I may have gotten a faulty one). .

Luckily enough, I was reading your post about the Micro Mist, did some further research - it look's like a great long term investment - and bought a brand new one from Spalight on ebay!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited :yay: Thank you for your post!!

Here's a video of my new baby;
http://www.takara-belmont.com/ourpr...Belmont Micro Mist&moviefile=micro_mist_video

Last edited:

HERicane10

After using the Aphrodite 03 Ionic Hair & Face tabletop Steamer for 3 weeks, I’m wasn’t really happy with it;
1. Some of the plastic pieces in the hood were not aligned which caused the steam to escape from various places in the hood
3. The steam wasn’t evenly distributed and the back section of my hair failed to reap as much benefit as the front sections
:nono: …… I returned it.

Luckily enough, I was reading your post about the Micro Mist, did some further research - it look's like a great investment - and bought a brand new one from Spalight on ebay!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited :yay: Thank you for your post!!

http://www.takara-belmont.com/ourpr...Belmont Micro Mist&moviefile=micro_mist_video

How much was this one? Video looks great! :yep:

isabella09

How much was this one? Video looks great! :yep:
Luckily, i was able to get it for £350.99 + £20 shipping cost = £370.99 ($611) some places were selling it for £1000 ($1,647.29) :blush:! I've been told by my partner that this will be my last purchase apart from refills......I said "Absolutely darling, this will be my very last one" :look:

Last edited:

isabella09

WOW! :blush: 611, that certainly is over $1000 here. Well, it was a nice thought. Salons R Us here I come
:yep: I was really luckly to be able to get it for $611 (I hope that I will never need to buy another steamer again) some of the prices I've seen nearly made my heart stop!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
How long have you been steaming 3x/wk?
Since spring so about 4 months now.

I have the same one most of the ladies mentioned from SalonRus

Does anybody's hair get fluffy after having steamed their hair? I noticed this with my hair. Meaning, there's not as much definition.
I have the opposite effect. I'm texlaxed and my waves are generally more defined after a steam. It could be the products I'm using also.

isabella09

After using the Aphrodite 03 Ionic Hair & Face tabletop Steamer for almost a month, I’m wasn’t really happy with it;
:nono: …… I returned it (I may have gotten a faulty one). .

Luckily enough, I was reading your post about the Micro Mist, did some further research - it look's like a great long term investment - and bought a brand new one from Spalight on ebay!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited :yay: Thank you for your post!!

WOW! I’m amazed, it was delivered today :yay:, that’s super duper fast shipping!
This item better be worth the hype :grin:!