How to stop post-partum shedding....

mrsjohnson75

I gave birth 3 months ago and now my shedding has started. I am taking multivitamins and hoping that it will slow it down but is there anything else I can do? What worked for you ladies??

TIA

Mom23

Hi There,
I really don't think there is anything you can do to stop it. When I had my last baby I just had to wait it out. It is really just all the hair that didn't shed during your pregnancy. I hated it too!! :p

You could try garlic shampoo and conditioner. Queen Helene makes one and Nutrine is also another brand. Alter Ego is a little more expensive, but it is a garlic conditioner as well.

I just washed my hair once a week, deep conditioned and put it in a bun to keep the manipulation down. Good Luck and hopefully more ladies will chime in with what worked for them. :)

Oh yea, keep taking your prenatals. That may help a little.

Seeking8Rights

mrsjohnson75 said:
I gave birth 3 months ago and now my shedding has started. I am taking multivitamins and hoping that it will slow it down but is there anything else I can do? What worked for you ladies??

TIA

Unfortunately, there isn't that I know of and I try to be pretty thorough when it comes to preventing breakage/loss etc.

After I had my daughter 18 months ago, I just let the cycle take its course because it is pure hormonal and your estrogen/progesterone levels are rebalancing themselves.

I shed for about 3 months or so, but it didn't nearly get as bad as my first child. The big difference was I was under less stress and stayed on top of healthy eating and drinking water.

Just make sure you keep your hair washed, conditioned (deep condition too) and moisturized and use minimal heat during this time. And continue to take your prenatals, eat healthy and drink lots (and lots) of water.

taraglam2

Hi ! Congratulations on giving birth ! :)

I am in agreement with Mom23. I gave birth on January 22 and I went through post partum shedding 8 weeks later. I did just like Mom23 mentioned---put hair in a bun and very little to hardly no manipulation.

mrsjohnson75

taraglam2 said:
Hi ! Congratulations on giving birth ! :)

I am in agreement with Mom23. I gave birth on January 22 and I went through post partum shedding 8 weeks later. I did just like Mom23 mentioned---put hair in a bun and very little to hardly no manipulation.

Thanks, congrats to you also.
Its crazy because this is my 3rd little one, but I did not have shedding with my first 2. So when it started I was shocked:eek: . I'll just let nature take its course and keep the hair manipulation to a minimum:) .