Open Air preacher and Dancing Heckler

momi

What a joker! I like the commitment of the preacher though :lol: I saw this one as well. Reminds me of how I was discussing a while back how none of us are truly "good" and we all have sinned and fall short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJVTDIMLM0

Wasn't he though?

No not one.

We all think we are good until we examine ourselves against God's standards. Even our best is like a filthy rag - which is why we so desperately needed Christ's atonement on the Cross.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thanks momi for sharing this....

Welp.....

First of all, my daughter absolutely loves the Ministry "Wretched". She's able to view on satellite (Direct TV). She's been watching this for years and my grandbabies will sit with the family and enjoy watching this. :yep:

Second:

As for this man, at first I wanted to turn around and push him off of that platform as he would have been much too close into my personal space. And as a woman, it would have been classified as sexual aggression and justified by the law, with all of that hip movement and he touched the Minister on his shoulder, unsolicited to be taunting.

Third:

I can see this man having a spiritual breakdown, falling before God asking for forgiveness for his behavior and living the rest of his life living solely for God and preaching even more ferverently then the Minister he was mocking.

In other words, I can see this man going from a Saul to Apostle Paul experience on the Road of Tarsus.

Afterall, Jesus said: Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
From what I saw, that young man only made himself an example for those actually listening ... he's wearing earplugs and listening to music so he 'tunes' out the Word. God is not mocked, though, because he's tuning out God, not the preacher. I wonder if he ever saw that vid after the fact. God have mercy on him.

On a lighter note:
I commend the preacher for not breaking out in the flesh and slapping him clear across the park, though.. :lol: That's commitment and discipline. Marks of a Disciple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXA3HsC5kg#t=114

A dancing heckler tries to distract the preacher by dancing - but he is not moved.

JaneBond007

Most were respectful, though. Some people used to do this on my campus and much, much worse. But some of those open air preachers...:look::nono::blush: People would accost you coming down the steps from your class onto your next screaming that you'd go to hell. I've seen just about the worst of both sides.

Last edited:

momi

From what I saw, that young man only made himself an example for those actually listening ... he's wearing earplugs and listening to music so he 'tunes' out the Word. God is not mocked, though, because he's tuning out God, not the preacher. I wonder if he ever saw that vid after the fact. God have mercy on him.

On a lighter note:
I commend the preacher for not breaking out in the flesh and slapping him clear across the park, though.. :lol: That's commitment and discipline. Marks of a Disciple.

Excellent Observation Laela...

momi

Thanks momi for sharing this....

Welp.....

First of all, my daughter absolutely loves the Ministry "Wretched". She's able to view on satellite (Direct TV). She's been watching this for years and my grandbabies will sit with the family and enjoy watching this. :yep:

Second:

As for this man, at first I wanted to turn around and push him off of that platform as he would have been much too close into my personal space. And as a woman, it would have been classified as sexual aggression and justified by the law, with all of that hip movement and he touched the Minister on his shoulder, unsolicited to be taunting.

Third:

I can see this man having a spiritual breakdown, falling before God asking for forgiveness for his behavior and living the rest of his life living solely for God and preaching even more ferverently then the Minister he was mocking.

In other words, I can see this man going from a Saul to Apostle Paul experience on the Road of Tarsus.

Afterall, Jesus said: Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?

I enjoy Wretched TV as well Shimmie... probably because he gets down to business without all of the extra. My patience is a little on the short side. :lachen:

Regarding the dancer - I wish I shared your optimism. That would be awesome!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I enjoy Wretched TV as well Shimmie... probably because he gets down to business without all of the extra. My patience is a little on the short side. :lachen:

Regarding the dancer - I wish I shared your optimism. That would be awesome!

My daughter lovvvvvvvesss "Wretched" :love3:

As for optimism, wow....

Many of the most powerful preachers have come from being thugs, robbers and mockers of Jesus. During their rebellion, satan was attempting to hinder/abort their futures living for God. :yep:

I can see this man giving his life and heart over to the Ministry seeking to 'save' others from the snares of the devil from where he once was.