Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

coyacoy

faithVA said:
Received email that my analysis is complete. And review is scheduled for Tuesday night :yippee:

Goodness i cannot wait!!! That is tomorrow!! Please update us on how it went as soon as you can!! :)

faithVA

[USER=105443 said:
coyacoy[/USER];16413561]Goodness i cannot wait!!! That is tomorrow!! Please update us on how it went as soon as you can!! :)

Do they send you the file and call you the same day or do you get the file earlier? I would love if they sent it tonight.

coyacoy

They had me set up a dropbox.com account and then they saved the slides in a folder and then walked me thru the results while on the phone....i didn't have access to them ahead of time....did they ask u to set up the dropbox account?

faithVA

They had me set up a dropbox.com account and then they saved the slides in a folder and then walked me thru the results while on the phone....i didn't have access to them ahead of time....did they ask u to set up the dropbox account?

Yes they had me set it up. She asked about it today. Ok. Guess I will have to wait. It's less than 24 hours. I can do it :lol: 1 day left.

faithVA

If she tells me I need a hard protein or protein every week I'm going to pass out :lol:

I will try to post my results by 8 pm tomorrow night.

hottopic

Wow. I've been reading this thread and I swear I'm getting excited to hear about the results.... Haha

coyacoy

me-T said:
big thanks to coyacoy! i saw this thread but forgot to renew my subscription so i couldn't reply, but if you got 100 komaza points recently, that was me! my analysis kit shipped earlier this week, so it should be in the mail soon. maybe i should go check the box real quick... my hair is always down for some sheddin', lol.

i'm relaxed, & about 5 months into an unintentionally long stretch, so i wanna make sure my hair is in the right condition to relax it. when i saw this thread, i was in my "prep mode" about to relax this weekend, so you were very timely!

oh, you keep saying 3 months for your follow up analysis, but the site says 3 weeks?

me-T......where are you at with your analysis? Have u sent in your hair samples yet? :) we are thirsty for some results info up & thru here! :)

faithVA

Ok ladies - my analysis may not be as helpful because my hair is not healthy. But it confirmed everything I was thinking.

My hair is severely damaged which is why it is breaking and I can't seem to get a handle on it. Somewhere over the past 2 years I have heat damaged my hair and the hair has been splitting all the way up the shaft. It didn't change my texture but it destroyed the protein in my hair. This probably goes back as far as Dec 2010. I think I used heat 3 times 12/10, 4/11 and 9/11 for length checks. But I think only 12/10 was the full head. I think I only did the back for the others.

Anyway, the damage is so severe her recommendation is to save it I need to cut my hair to 2". This I could already see coming.

She also confirmed that I am low porosity. My cuticle lays very flat. And she says when my hair is healthy I should not do protein treatments. But I do not have to avoid products with regular wheat protein or silk amino acids.

Since I am close to menopause she spoke to me a lot about diet, exercise and supplements to counteract the hormonal changes that are affecting my hair and scalp. She said she noticed hair loss and wants to make sure we reverse it if possible. And she was concerned about the high level of shedding. I have been working on my hair loss for the past year and I think my shedding is much less than it used to be. She said that henna would probably make my hair more brittle because my cuticle was so flat.

She provided a lot of pictures of my healthy hair and my other hair. She showed me pictures of what hair looks like when its thinning. She gave me recommendations on supplements with dosages. She was fine with the hair products I am using.

She takes her time and answers any questions.

Unfortunately because I don't really have much healthy hair she couldn't give me a lot of help on a new regimen. She said I need to get the cut to see what type of hair I have. But she said I could send her questions at any time. And she wants to stay in touch with me during the 3 months to see how I am progressing.

faithVA

So I have 18 days to my deva cut and I will be back to 2" of hair. I'm not going to lie. It's going to be nice, not having to really do my hair anymore. I wish he would cut it this weekend.

JBunnie

faithVA, whether or not the analysis was helpful for you is most important, and I'm glad you got the confirmation about your beliefs. It's great that you can still ask her question throughout the upcoming months as you work out your new reggie. Even though things might have started out unfavorable this is the start of a new head of healthy hair! And like you said: less hair to do for the time being! Summertime simple! We're all in your corner and are always here for help and support!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Now I want to do this. But I know I'm going to hear the same thing. Think I am going to do it next month! :yep:

Thanks faithVA for sharing your experience. :yep:

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Last edited:

LaidBak

faithVA
Holy Moly! You only used heat three times and it destroyed your hair like that??? :blush: I'm afraid to see what she'll say about mine!
How much hair did you have to give her as a sample? Does it matter where on the head it comes from?

faithVA

[USER=147242 said:
Arian[/USER];16421669]Now I want to do this. But I know I'm going to hear the same thing. Think I am going to do it next month! :yep:

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Did you get your hair cut today?

faithVA

[USER=77239 said:
LaidBak[/USER];16421727]@faithVA
Holy Moly! You only used heat three times and it destroyed your hair like that??? :blush: I'm afraid to see what she'll say about mine!
How much hair did you have to give her as a sample? Does it matter where on the head it comes from?

I probably damaged it the first time I straightened which makes since. I straightened my hair in Dec 2010. And then I put in kinky twist extenstions and work them back to back. When I took them out I noticed the damage. I thought it was the extensions that caused the damage but now I see I just noticed it then.

I sent all the shed hair I had from 1 wash sample. Yes it needs to come from all over your head because you have different things going on with your hair.

Like my hair is thinning in the crown. If I had just pulled hair from the front she wouldn't have caught that.

faithVA

@faithVA, whether or not the analysis was helpful for you is most important, and I'm glad you got the confirmation about your beliefs. It's great that you can still ask her question throughout the upcoming months as you work out your new reggie. Even though things might have started out unfavorable this is the start of a new head of healthy hair! And like you said: less hair to do for the time being! Summertime simple! We're all in your corner and are always here for help and support!

It was very helpful. I could never narrow down what was wrong and now I know. It won't happen again.

coyacoy

faithVA.....glad u were able to receive some answers and confirmation of ur suspicions....now on to the road to recovery! Did she tell u anything u didn't already know or were i surprised by any of the info? I was surprised at the heat damage given the few times you've used heat ....that is scary ...do u recall whether u used a heat protectant? Overall, how do u feel about the results?

Last edited:

hottopic

faithVA

Girl I was thinking the same exact thing. I used heat so much that I lost count. :lachen: Not a good look at all. I am happy you found out about your hair, knowing is 1/2 the battle.

faithVA

@faithVA.....glad u were able to receive some answers and confirmation of ur suspicions....now on to the road to recovery! Did she tell u anything u didn't already know or were i surprised by any of the info? I was surprised at the heat damage given the few times you've used heat ....that is scary ...do u recall whether u used a heat protectant? Overall, how do u feel about the results?

The only thing that was a surprise was the heat damage and how severe it was. I had blamed the damage on all types of things but not that. I cussed out some henna, some protein, color, tangle teezer :lol:

As I think back, I would have damaged my hair the very first time I straightened it in Dec 2009. That would have been when it started. My hair was fine before that. I did use something as a heat protectanct but I don't remember what it was at this point.

I didn't notice the damage until the summer of 2010 when I took out my kinky twists which is why I didn't put it together.

But that was pre LHCF. I knew nothing about nothing. I had never even heard of heat damage at that point.

Thanks for posting this. I may have never have found the answer without this. And I would have been trying to cut off a few inches at a time. She says it has to all go, except for 2" or I will never get beyond it.

Taking the pictures with me when I get my cut so he can see them.

hair4today

faithVA :bighug: Thanks for sharing. OMG on the amt of heat damage. At least now you can move forward empowered with an indepth knowledge of your hair and what it needs from you to be healthy. HHJ.

reeko43

Good thing you didn't give up and perm your hair before getting this analysis. Once you get your hair healthy again, you will probably enjoy it so much. Don't have the funds to spare right now but when I do, I will be getting the analysis too. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

LaidBak

faithVA said:
Here are some shots of my damaged strands

Wow......
If you dont mind my asking, what kind of heat appliance did you use when you straightened on 2010? How hot did you have it?

faithVA

Wow......
If you dont mind my asking, what kind of heat appliance did you use when you straightened on 2010? How hot did you have it?

I used a pressing comb. Who knows how hot I had it :lol: That was all pre-LHCF. I didn't know anything about straightening my hair. I hadn't had my hair straightened since 1976 before then :lachen:

I'm not going to lie. I wouldn't do any better today. I don't have the patience to straighten my hair. :nono:

Ogoma

I am glad you have some answers.

I think I am going to do this as well so I can know if there is anything I need to do differently.

ETA: It is US only so I cannot do it.

Last edited: