Monistat (miconazole nitrate) for growth: UPDATES?

seymone

Just started MN with Amla oil yesterday.. Will keep you psted on updates.. I will still be using MTG, but only twice a week. MN, I will use three times a week.. Let's grow ladies.

paradise224

I have to give credit where credit is due.. I've tried mtg by itself, and experienced more thickness than length, which is beautiful because i always wanted my hair to get back the fullness i used to have and believe that health comes before length.. then i added cayenne pepper and olive oil into my regime, and i noticed some growth.. not much but noticeable.. then i combined the 2 (MTG, Cayenne, Olive Oil, Amla Oil, and a blend of other oils) and then started Massaging monistat into my scalp every other night..... WOW!! My hairdresser brought it to my attention when she was blowdrying, she said "wow look at all this hair".. I wish i had pictures.. but my proof is that i'd started a thread at my one year mark in june asking "where were you at the one year mark? were you happy?" and i was but i wasnt really seeing length... about a month after that i started using MN and wow.. its grown so much.. i have to change my siggy, i had to get side bangs to frame my face to give my hair a little definition it was so long in the front :dance7: Bra strap seems so attainable now!! I love it.. and now i have people looking at me, and my cousin whos hair outgrew mine when it all broke off, sees that im catching up to her, asked to go to my hairdresser. :grin: Its funny, and a little personal acheivement to me (sorry if that sounds bad) but it is a validation, and although my hair dresser has done wonders in terms of care.. I do deserve some credit, and so do you ladies. MN is my little secret

AtlantaJJ

Wow!

So who has alternated between both Monistat and Neosporin AF? Monistat has a higher concentration of the active ingrediant.

For those who alternated, which gave better results?

This is very encouraging. I'm having some type of scalp condition that I'm using cortisone for and it may respond to the MN.

HoneyDew

AtlantaJJ said:
Wow!

So who has alternated between both Monistat and Neosporin AF? Monistat has a higher concentration of the active ingrediant.

This is very encouraging. I'm having some type of scalp condition that I'm using cortisone for and it may respond to the MN.

I don't have as much experience with Monistat, but I when I initially wanted to test the MN theory, I started with one of those tubes that comes in the combo pack - the external cream, I think its called. I had in my medicine cabinet because I never used it when I bought the Monistat kit for a yeast infection. I have to say that one did work much better then Neosporin AF.

For me, I noticed the growth sooner - within 2 weeks vs. the NeoAF which took an extra week or so.

Paradise! Girl, thanks for sharing your story!!!!

AtlantaJJ

paradise224 said:
I have to give credit where credit is due.. I've tried mtg by itself, and experienced more thickness than length, which is beautiful because i always wanted my hair to get back the fullness i used to have and believe that health comes before length.. then i added cayenne pepper and olive oil into my regime, and i noticed some growth.. not much but noticeable.. then i combined the 2 (MTG, Cayenne, Olive Oil, Amla Oil, and a blend of other oils) and then started Massaging monistat into my scalp every other night..... WOW!! My hairdresser brought it to my attention when she was blowdrying, she said "wow look at all this hair".. I wish i had pictures.. but my proof is that i'd started a thread at my one year mark in june asking "where were you at the one year mark? were you happy?" and i was but i wasnt really seeing length... about a month after that i started using MN and wow.. its grown so much.. i have to change my siggy, i had to get side bangs to frame my face to give my hair a little definition it was so long in the front :dance7: Bra strap seems so attainable now!! I love it.. and now i have people looking at me, and my cousin whos hair outgrew mine when it all broke off, sees that im catching up to her, asked to go to my hairdresser. :grin: Its funny, and a little personal acheivement to me (sorry if that sounds bad) but it is a validation, and although my hair dresser has done wonders in terms of care.. I do deserve some credit, and so do you ladies. MN is my little secret
Paradise are you using the 7 day Monistat, I think it's NM 2% like the Neosporin AF... if I'm researching correctly

paradise224

AtlantaJJ said:
Paradise are you using the 7 day Monistat, I think it's NM 2% like the Neosporin AF... if I'm researching correctly

Yes I am.. and i should add that i tried the Neosporin AF first, because it was cheaper and because i was embarrased, probably because I KNEW what i was really using it for.. I dont know if it was because id just started, or because monistat comes in a bigger size:confused:, somehow i just feel like i've noticed more results with monistat, but then it has lasted a longer period of time, so im not sure..

paradise224

AtlantaJJ said:
Wow!

If you have a scalp condition, then thats all the more reason to try it.. if nothing else it will help your condition, i definitely do not have dandruff or the itchies like i used to

brandiesha

i am eager to try MN after reading about it on this site and others for so long.
have any of you heard anything about use of this product while pregnant though? I want to try it NOW but im just a little paranoid because of my baby.

cutiebe2

I got pure MN 2% off of American Rx. I don't know if it gave me better growth compared to Neosporin AF BUT...... the headaches I experienced while using NeoAF are gone. I think the headaches were caused my the many other ingriedients in Monistat and NeoAF. If anyone had this problem before, try pure MN. Plus, I paid $3 for 3oz while is soo much cheaper than AF, you can put the MN on generously

DDtexlaxd said:
I love it! It made my hair grow faster than MTG! I used neosporin AF. I didn't have the guts to get monistat!:lol: It has the same ingredient...miconazole nitrate. I'm taking a mini break from MTG to see if this product will replace it. I will be posting pics soon!

Quick question would the Neosporin AF® Athlete's Foot Spray Liquid work the same way that the cream does? I haven't tried it yet but I prefer to spray stuff. Has anybody used it?:look:

CynamonKis

Cutiebe2, does this work better than MTG?

cutiebe2 said:
I got pure MN 2% off of American Rx. I don't know if it gave me better growth compared to Neosporin AF BUT...... the headaches I experienced while using NeoAF are gone. I think the headaches were caused my the many other ingriedients in Monistat and NeoAF. If anyone had this problem before, try pure MN. Plus, I paid $3 for 3oz while is soo much cheaper than AF, you can put the MN on generously

TemiLnd

Hi there
U have captured my interest.
Could anyone please post a pic of the neosporin AF & MN you use cos all I’ve been able to find is foot fungal cream.
Thanks.

Kalayani

I went to Rite Aid looking for Neosporin AF and didn’t find any so i bought the Rite Aid brand of MN. The 3 day MN pack. It is 4% MN 2% in the external cream and 2% in the individual thingies (sorry the word is not coming to me right now).

I mixed it with ORS carrot oil cream, and castor oil to loosen up the thickness. It’s been 3 weeks now since I’m using it (every other day) and i LOVE the results.

First my scalp no longer itches, i remember when i used other scalp oil and grease i would still itch but now my scalp is calm. I don’t put my hands in my hair at all and it is not oily.

I see LOTS of new growth and i decided i will use this recipe as my only scalp dressing.

Whoever first posted about MN i would like to say THANK YOU!!!!!!

HoneyDew

Africana in Alberta said:
Quick question would the Neosporin AF® Athlete's Foot Spray Liquid work the same way that the cream does? I haven't tried it yet but I prefer to spray stuff. Has anybody used it?:look:

it has alcohol in it. I would be careful with that.

HoneyDew

TemiLnd said:
Hi there
U have captured my interest.
Could anyone please post a pic of the neosporin AF & MN you use cos all I’ve been able to find is foot fungal cream.
Thanks.

I don't really use MN like I used to because I could not keep up. It was making my hair grow too fast and I have been trying to stretch relaxer time. I have a hard time dealing with my new growth. Also, the Neosporin Af was drying my hair a little so I stopped using it all together. The Feet Accompli is not drying (it is actually moisturizing), but can revert flatironed hair when you have lots of new growth. I sometimes put that one on my scalp when my hair is still wet (1-2 times a week) so that I can avoid that. It still gives me the tingles and stimulation, but I have not done that long enough to see if it gives me the same amount of growth like when I used to go MN crazy. It is just an experiment for now.

But, just look for the active ingredient and make sure it is an 'azole, like ketoconazole, miconazole, clotrimazole or something like that.

Last edited:

TemiLnd

Hi HoneyDew,
Thank you very much. I live in England so we don’t have these brands. Do you think if I find a foot fungal cream with the same % of miconazole nitrate, this would work? I will check the active ingredients like you suggested.

HoneyDew

TemiLnd said:
Hi HoneyDew,
Thank you very much. I live in England so we don’t have these brands. Do you think if I find a foot fungal cream with the same % of miconazole nitrate, this would work? I will check the active ingredients like you suggested.

sure! many people opt for other brands. that is how I started using the Neosporin and the Feet Accompli. I did not want to use monistat so I just looked for products with the same active ingredient.

ak46

cutiebe2 said:

That is the same place I got mine and I never received any headaches from it. I mixed mine with ORS Olive Oil Cream, Castor Oil, Avacado Oil, and Peppermint and Rosemary EOs. I LOVED IT!!! I used it while in conrows for about 2 to 3 weeks. It made my conrows feel so moisturized and it didn't smell bad. Plus the growth was very noticeable. I will start using this again real soon.:grin:

TemiLnd

I can’t believe I’m going to but foot cream on my hair but straight after work I’m off to the Chemist.
Thanks HoneyDew and everyone who posted their finds.
:grin:

ak46

CynamonKis said:
Cutiebe2, does this work better than MTG?

I know this question is not directly to me but, I found that the MN mixture I made worked better than the MTG mix I made. I saw more growth from the MN than I did from the MTG. And I made my own MTG as well with the sulfur powder they sold on AmericanRX. Another reason why I didn't like it so much is because after using it for several days, you can see the yellow sulfur on you scalp because it doesn't really dissolve.

chayil0427

KiniKakes said:
Hey ladies,

Just wondering how the monistat/miconazole nitrate for growth has been coming along, for the ladies who decided to add this to their regimen after the topic was originally posted back in December.

Ladies, please share any growth in inches that you have achieved, that you feel can be directly attributed to the monistat/miconazole nitrate cream.

OT...that gold dress is killer KiniKakes...me likey.

Chayil

e$h

ak46 said:
I know this question is not directly to me but, I found that the MN mixture I made worked better than the MTG mix I made. I saw more growth from the MN than I did from the MTG. And I made my own MTG as well with the sulfur powder they sold on AmericanRX. Another reason why I didn't like it so much is because after using it for several days, you can see the yellow sulfur on you scalp because it doesn't really dissolve.

You know, it never really showed up on my scalp until after I relaxed earlier this month. I hate that it just sits there. Last night I tried adding evvo and castor to my scalp. It was just too much. I'm think I may giving up my mtg.

CurliDiva

Puddles said:
Capzasin HP is the cayenne cream. It has .1% Capsaicin....which is cayenne pepper.

I got mine from Wal-Mart.

HTH

Thanks for clearing this up for me - I was about to raid my spice rack and shake some of the red flakes into my mix! :eek:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
cutiebe2 said:

I ordered mine from there. I mixed one tube with a tube of hydrocortisone, a few tablespoons of olive butter, and about 1-2 oz of avocado oil.

sareca

I'm back on it. I'm starting with 2X/day followed by a 5-minute scalp massage. I think I'm going to mix it w/ un-petroleum; I really like that buttery feel.

Anybody still using it? KiniKakes?

HoneyDew

sareca said:
I'm back on it. I'm starting with 2X/day followed by a 5-minute scalp massage. I think I'm going to mix it w/ un-petroleum; I really like that buttery feel.

Anybody still using it? KiniKakes?

Man, Sareca. 2 times a day is going to give you good growth. I wish that I could stand using MN again. It really started making me feel wierd and my hair started getting tangled too soon (I guess from the faster growth). I cannot stretch my relaxers to save my life so that really got hard for me. Which MN product are you using?