Absolute Best Detangling Tool that You've Used?

vtoodler

What's the absolute best detangling tool (comb, brush, etc) that you've used thus far?

Feel free to include pictures of it

Soratachi

Double row detangling brush are the reasons I started gaining length.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
The wet brush, hands down.

justNikki

OMG YES! I was struggling with finger combing only (too many shed hair tangling) i saw this cute brush and said "why the heck not!"

I just used it today and it glided like BUTTER in my hair. i did a wash n go and as i raked product in there were no snags! There was also barely any hair when i finish detangling. i am so happy for this purchase.

Rhondie

I just bought a tangle teaser. They're now selling them in my Target. It worked like a charm but I've read so many negative reviews about split ends and breakage that I plan to use it sparingly and watch my hair very closely. If I notice an increase in damage, I'll retire it. But it really worked well both in the shower covered in conditioner and on dry hair. Cut my detangle session in half.

nubiennze

justNikki

OMG YES! I was struggling with finger combing only (too many shed hair tangling) i saw this cute brush and said "why the heck not!"

I just used it today and it glided like BUTTER in my hair. i did a wash n go and as i raked product in there were no snags! There was also barely any hair when i finish detangling. i am so happy for this purchase.

Dangit...now y'all got me about to run to Target for this. :roadrunner::lol:

Fingers & Denman D-24 Double Row Detangling Comb

IDareT'sHair Where can this be found?

Lynn84

I went to Target to check this out. Felt the bristles on one and put it back on the shelf.

The bristles are thin and very flexible but with the density of my hair and the way it knots and tangles...nah.

JaneBond007

Some company made these before Conair copied. If you can get them in hard rubber, they are even better. Mine is old so I can't read the brand but this is the general shape. They are so smooth, no pull on strands.

HanaKuroi

I just bought a tangle teaser. They're now selling them in my Target. It worked like a charm but I've read so many negative reviews about split ends and breakage that I plan to use it sparingly and watch my hair very closely. If I notice an increase in damage, I'll retire it. But it really worked well both in the shower covered in conditioner and on dry hair. Cut my detangle session in half.

Yes, and then it will cut your thickness in half.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NaturalBritt87

justNikki. Is your hair very thick and coily? I saw this brush but thought my thick, dense coily hair wouldn't have it so I have never bought it.

To the OP. I bought the denman D3 and it's ok, I rarely use it now for fear of mid shaft splits. I used it for smoothing mostly. Wide tooth shower comb: I use occasionally. I like the paddle brush for smoothing when I'm setting twists. Now my Number 1 tool is my fingers and twisting sections afterwards. I've abandoned finger detangling before for a comb but always seem to come back to it. I just do it in small sections and remove shed hairs each time I go through my hair.