Hits & Misses April 2014

TeeBee

Yes TeeBee Aussie Moist is great. That and HE Hello Hydration were my boo thangs when I first went natural. I also like the 3 Minute Miracle and the Hair Insurance leave in spray. The spray is a staple. Then, like IDareT'sHair said, you PJs made me stray away :lol:! Hit: APB Ayurvedic Oil Looooooove it on my scalp.
:yep: I was aaallll over HE Hello Hydration!! When I first went natural, it was my rinse out, DC, + leave-in/styler. Theeeennn along came MahoganyCurls..CG Method...cones are bad yadda yadda. Finding my way back lol. NaturallyATLPCH

Lissa0821

MISS:

Softee thickening growth oil. The mixtures of oils is good but the addition of henna and sulfur makes my hair dry to the touch.

*Frisky*

*All hail, AUSSIE MOIST. Glowwww Raaaayyyyy, hallelujah!! Lol!!
Like. My hands..my hands are even soft and silky! Might mess around and use it as body lotion. Real talk.
I used it to CoWash + Leave-In (with 3 Min Miracle on top)
Yum. Absolutely delicious. Aussie MOIST, does not play.
*drops Mic*

TeeBee

Have you tried the 3 Minute Strong? It is heaven in a bottle.

Hit: Doing a Castor Oil Rinse before final conditioner rinse.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Newest hits:
Tension blow drying NG with cold air - my first try was a success but I definitely need to learn to get faster with it
APB Blueberry Cheesecake DC - I'm officially in strong like even though I'm very heavy handed and that 8oz bottle doesn't stand a chance of lasting beyond 2.5 wash days
JĀSÖN Vitamin E Oil 5,000 IU - used as a pre-poo for my scalp; NG was insanely soft upon washing it out and the mix of ceramide oils in it is yummy and my hair loves them all!

Last edited:

hot_pepper96

Continued Hits:

Moisturizing Ends of nape hair seperately and sealing with either Safflower Oil or Hollywood Beauty Dry Scalp Oil (Purple)
UBH Silk Spray
Sleeping with hair in loose braid instead of buns

Miss:

Not washing my hair often enough. I made a pact to wash my hair at least every 2 weeks and I've already broken it. Too busy and too tired.
Hollywood Beauty Dry Scalp Oil - I just repurchased and the oil smelled different and the texture was different. It did nothing for my hair when I applied it even though the ingredients seemed to be same. I'm going to look for my receipt to return it the beauty supply store I bought it from.

randi415

Miss: CR coconut water treatment. I have a couple of issues w/ this one. First, there were no instructions. The only thing close to instructions was that it says"rinse out conditioner" there's nothing on the website either. It says "how to apply" but there's nothing in the space below this. Also is listed under conditioners and DC. It didn't go on smooth, it kinda just sat on top of my hair and after rinsing my hair didn't feel soft and it was really shrunken. If I try it as a DC again I plan on adding honey, marshmallow root, and some oils. I think I might try it add styler next. I think...

TeeBee

Miss: CR coconut water treatment. I have a couple of issues w/ this one. First, there were no instructions. The only thing close to instructions was that it says"rinse out conditioner" there's nothing on the website either. It says "how to apply" but there's nothing in the space below this. Also is listed under conditioners and DC. It didn't go on smooth, it kinda just sat on top of my hair and after rinsing my hair didn't feel soft and it was really shrunken. If I try it as a DC again I plan on adding honey, marshmallow root, and some oils. I think I might try it add styler next. I think...
Say it ain't so.. randi415

chelleypie810

hit- lee stafford hair growth treatment. little hair lost during wash process. hair felt strong after using it. hope that it helps my hair grow back down to my collarbone and soon!
hit- joico moisture recovery treatment balm. softens my hair like nothing else. makes detangling my 6 months post relaxer hair a breeze. this transition is easy peezy because of this stuff. I have 3 liter bottles of the conditioner and balm. don't judge me.
hit- krs hair clip in extensions. again makes the transitioning process much easier. i can use heat on this instead of my hair and just throw my hair up in a ponytail or bun and keep it moving instead of trying to make my hair look presentable which is a mess at this current length. its in the awkward stage between neck and SL.

no misses. but I've literally been using the same products. nothing in my regi has changed.

veesweets

HIT!!! Shea Moisture website up and running!!

FINALLY! It looks nice, only took them what? 10 years? :look::lol: Now we can actually see everything they offer and the full ingredient lists without having to search all over! I wish we could order directly from the site though..

ETA: I wonder why their new makeup line isn't on the site?

randi415

FINALLY! It looks nice, only took them what? 10 years? :look::lol: Now we can actually see everything they offer and the full ingredient lists without having to search all over! I wish we could order directly from the site though..

ETA: I wonder why their new makeup line isn't on the site?

This is phase 1

Phase 2 will be the online store and in Phase 3 they'll add the cosmetics.

TeeBee

The way my hair feels right now.. *twerks a lil somethin* :lol:
Sooo freakin soft! I'm on day 5 of my twist-out-turned-braid-out, and it feels just as moisturized as day 1.
I want to thank Aussie Moist...buuut I also used my flax seed + marshmallow root concoction, layered on a bit of KCCC and sealed all that in with my Unyevu Butter. *shrugs* who knows...

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit: 4 weeks with this Vinegar and Water Mix in my spray bottle, has my the hair closest to my scalp so silky. I'm in love. No itches at all.

Miss: My new growth has my 4 week old kinky twists looking like they have been in 8 weeks. Just raggedy. I guess I'll switch to wearing them up the remaining 5 weeks

Beamodel

HIT:
Steaming with olive oil on top of my DC

Continued HIT:
APB leave in spray
APB Ayurvedic Hair Creams
HH Pink Lemon Berry Mimosa

Continued on the fence:
CJ Rehab DC

nmartin20

Hit: Soultanicals Knot Sauce!! I'm loving it... Totally happy that I placed an order during their last sale..

southerncitygirl

giovanni shampoo ( 50.50 & chinese botanicals)
darcy botanicals daily leave-in
afroveda whipped gelly
komaza califa and aloe my hair sprays
claudies quinoa-coffee balancing, balancing ends insurance
komaza protein strengthener

I'll update with my thoughts on the new reformulated HSR once I try it out this weekend!