Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
This morning: misted with OH Go Tea. Sealed last 4 inches with BASK Java Bean & Honey smoothing hair balm. My twists are supple with a sparkly sheen. I smell like tiramisu :)

caliscurls

Heavily spritzed hair with rose water that has a little argon oil in it
Saturated hair with EVCO mixed with avocado oil and bringraj oil
Sealed with BASK Seven Fold

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: Hydratherma Naturals Oil under Steamer with my DC'er

After my Hair Dried: APB Ayurvedic Creme and Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Out of OH Go Tea. LOC with KnottyBoy Peppermint Cooling Moisture Spray, Neelibhringadi+ hemp oil mix & OH Hair Dew

toaster

Finally finished the bask sevenfold butter. It was nice, but SSI seyani butter is my one true (butter) love. Glad to be back to the fruity smell and whipped texture.

caliscurls

Edges: rosewater, avj, argan oil spritz, liquid gold bst, liquid gold green magic
Rest: same spritz, BASK seven fold

Starbucks

Oh I guess I should have asked here instead of posting a new thread. I'll just copy and paste:

Does anyone know where to get white or ivory shea butter (unrefined) online with a consistent quality? I am getting frustrated with the inconsistent quality. I would like it to be creamy, not hard or dry, but I still want it to be unrefined. I do not prefer yellow shea butter. I ordered ivory shea butter from soapgoods.com but it was dried out to the point it was like hard gray dry bird caca . I had a friend order from atlsmellgood on etsy but they sent the yellow, not sure if they were trying to be slick but I don't want to deal with all that. If anyone buys ivory or white please post where. Thanks!

Duchess007

Oh I guess I should have asked here instead of posting a new thread. I'll just copy and paste:

Does anyone know where to get white or ivory shea butter (unrefined) online with a consistent quality? I am getting frustrated with the inconsistent quality. I would like it to be creamy, not hard or dry, but I still want it to be unrefined. I do not prefer yellow shea butter. I ordered ivory shea butter from soapgoods.com but it was dried out to the point it was like hard gray dry bird caca . I had a friend order from atlsmellgood on etsy but they sent the yellow, not sure if they were trying to be slick but I don't want to deal with all that. If anyone buys ivory or white please post where. Thanks!

http://www.back2africa.com/pure-nat...r-from-africa-16oz-jar-4175.html#.U7SO4GS9Kc0

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
toaster

I thought your Love was Entwine's Hydrator Butter? :lol:

So which one is your real fav? SSI's Seyani or Entwine's Hydrator?

Or do you love them both the same?:drunk:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Last night plaited my hair in nine braids with EVCO.

This morning took my hair down with Jojoba oil.

Did the same respectively yesterday morning and the night before last.

(I need to keep up with these :blush:)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Last night plaited my hair in nine braids with EVCO.

This morning took my hair down with Jojoba oil.

Did the same respectively yesterday morning and the night before last.

(I need to keep up with these :blush:)

DoDo

Can I see the WL braid out? Purdy Please!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo

Can I see the WL braid out? Purdy Please!

MileHighDiva

The braid out is not falling at my waist by far, but okay :lol:.

Last edited:

toaster

IDareT'sHair

I should have known you would pick up on that. The Entwine Buttercream Hydrator is my love for moisturizing styles that I don't want to revert. It worked perfectly on my rollerset hair. My hair was never dry, breaking, or anything when I used it.

The SSI Seyani Butter is my love for sealing hair. No matter what style I use I put coconut oil, a moisturizer, and a butter on my hair at night before bed. The Entwine was my moisturizer, so I could use both butters together. :yep:

I've just been doing twist-outs lately so I'm less worried about reversion and don't need to use silicones every day, so the Entwine is out. For now. It will make it's way back in during the Fall/Winter months I'm sure.

Maybe you can convo them (entwine) about making an unscented version, because it's fabulous!