Cost of professional relaxer?

How much does your stylist charge for touch up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blessed_Angel

wow at some of these prices. I pay 35 and 40 if i get a rod set or something to that extent. I guess i'm blessed.

And my stylist uses Affirm.

My stylist also uses Affirm, and she charges me $30; and that includes a dc (that's only on Mon - Wed). It's $35 any other day...you know I be there on Monday's...lol.

BTW, I couldn't vote, because the price range wasn't listed.

TaurusAngel

My stylist also uses Affirm, and she charges me $30; and that includes a dc (that's only on Mon - Wed). It's $35 any other day...you know I be there on Monday's...lol.

BTW, I couldn't vote, because the price range wasn't listed.

:yep: @ Bolded,lol. Especially since i'm in college. I don't blame you. I'm just shocked at some of these prices. 100 or more? thats crazy money,lol.

tbaby_8

When I booth rented, I charged $50.00 and that always included a deep conditioner and any style, except weave. I think $110.00 is outrageous. I can't even see myself paying that.:rolleyes:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Here in MA my stylist charges me 45 for a touch up and roller set plus $10 for a long hair fee :rolleyes: (I am bsl and just barely that). At other shops closer to Boston I have paid about $75 for just the relaxer, deep con and roller set. The last 2 touch ups I did myself.

Blessed_Angel

:yep: @ Bolded,lol. Especially since i'm in college. I don't blame you. I'm just shocked at some of these prices. 100 or more? thats crazy money,lol.

I know. And it's not even worth it. After all the heat they put on your hair, and most of them are too lazy to rollerset, so your hair be burned afterwards. That is just not healthy to me. A blowdry, marcel, then flat iron, come on that's just too much...then to add on the price plus tip!! :nono:

bellecheveux

A salon I used to go to up until March 2008 used to charge me $95 for relaxer. And another salon I went to for a blowout said they would gladly do a relaxer for me for just the low price of $120. :lachen: Now, I either relax my own hair, have my mother relax my hair, or go to Hair Cuttery.

DaDragonPrincess

I had bad experiences going to the salon getting my relaxer done when I was in high school :sad: , so I gets my touch ups done at home, I will get my hair styled and a shampoo and deep conditoner done at the salon. :yep:

PGirl

I've gone to the same woman for 12 years. Every year she raises the price. It started at $60 and now she is at $90. That is CRAZY! No more...I will do it myself. This site has helped me so much that I can do a better job growing my hair myself. :yep:

If I work it out in US$ then it's $120-140. And that was for a re-touch, trim and style using Affirm Relaxer and, believe it or not, that's cheap! I've seen cheaper but, wouldn't go to them as I know my hair would be ruined (experience).

Solitude

$65 for touch-up plus $10 for deep conditioner= $75 Mizani relaxer & roller set @ a Dom salon in DC

Used to pay $95 for Phyto, trim, and rinse w/ flat iron in Houston

Solitude

Actually it's probably not all that off from what others pay if the stylist is using Phyto. Those things cost $60!

I used to pay $90-$95, but both my friend and I who used to go to the same salon felt that we were being ripped off because the salons purchase directly- they don't pay $60 per relaxer, plus they split it into two applications if your hair is short. We both witnessed them do this.

*fabulosity*

Hmmm.. .I have been paying around 65-75 for the last 4 years... I can't imagine paying any more than that. And I get them quarterly and I think that's too much considering I bring my own now... (Phyto)... and that **** cost me 55 by itself!!

Lindy

I pay 85 for the relaxer and 15 in tips to my stylist and his assistant. They both do an awesome job and my hair has never been better since I've been using him so I totally think it's worth it.

Chayil

Wow!! $15.00 in tips??!! I guess I'm a cheapie cuz my touch up costs $78.50 and I only give $7.00 tip (and grudgingly!! :laugh: )... 5 for the stylist and 2 for the shampoo girl... I'm sorry but IMO the $78.50 should actually include the tip!! Plus the stylist is the owner, so technically he shouldn't be tipped at all, right???? :look:

classi123

In the AA salon 60 and thats ju for the perm. In the Domincan salon I pay 50 for a perm, DC and Jet black rinse!!

sqzbly1908

I get the Mizani Butter Blend w/trim for 75.00

A few years ago, I call myself going to one of the top stylist to the stars in Houston. Everything was a la carte. I got a retouch, trim and color and it totaled 165.00. What p***ed me off is I found out after the fact that the relaxer they used on my hair was Bantu ....

chasturner84

I pay $70 for my relaxers. I used to only have to pay $60 until I started stretching for four months. My stylist added that extra 10 b/c she has a lot to do when I come in. :grin: I sometimes feel sorry for her because my new growth is no joke at 16 weeks...the tangles and matting are serious!