Yet Another Aveda Product--Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray

Isis

The bottle says, "Medium hold defies humidity and adds shine to all hair types". This was mentioned a couple of times here in the past for humidity and I bought a bottle last year for $13.

I tried it again recently on a humid day on my 3-day-old braidout and it added even more swing and shine! :yay: I didn't spray my head with it, I sprayed my fingers and ran it down the length of the four braids I made for my braidout. After an hour or so, I unbraided and had a very swingy, very shiny braidout! I really didn't want to put anything on it (and maybe I didn't need it) but I did apply a little Aveda Anti-Humectant, which is light enough not to weigh my hair down. This worked very well. :up:

For those concerned about 'cones, it has Peg-12 Dimethicone (I think this is a good one) which is about number eight or nine on the list of mostly natural ingredients with black tea for shine and aloe for moisture. I just wanted to share this with you ladies and please share any experiences you've had with this medium hold hair spray (not to be confused with the Aveda Shine-on spray).

BTW, FREE standard shipping from Aveda.com on all orders $60 or more until June 29th! ;)

Here is some info from the Aveda website:
Defend your hair against humidity with this medium hold hair spray for textured or treated hair. Adds brilliant shine and definition. With black tea, certified organic camomile, calendula and aloe.

• Long-lasting hold• Defies humidity
• Adds shine

Tip
Secure rollers in damp hair. Lightly mist BrilliantTM Hair Spray over your entire head. Finish drying with a hair dryer and remove rollers. This will create soft, touchable curls that last even in the most humid conditions.

• Spray directly onto a thermal round brush and immediately use to dry your hair in a perfect round shape. Lightly mist once hair is dry to maintain style.

Isis

trimbride said:
Stop it Isis!!!:lachen:

Now I have to go to Aveda and pick this up:p , I know those women are tired of seeing me in there :sekret:
:rofl: :lol:
If you do get it Trimbride, let us know how it works for you! I'll be experimenting...

lexi08

I purchased this product this year also. I like the spray it does help with humidity issues.

wonderstar

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh, now I'm starting to regret taking it back to the salon 2 weeks ago even though I never used it:ohwell:.

PinkSkates

I purchased it a while ago, and only used it once. This is a good hairspray, but it is not for you if you are looking for a strong hold or an all-day-hold my hair in place look. But it did add shine to my hair.

Radianthealth

I was surprised to see the Alcohol as the first ingredient. This makes me nervous. I followed Isis' instructions and sprayed it into my hand first, before applying to hair. I think this is supposed to reduce the amount of alcohol that actually goes into the hair. It made my hair shiny immediately:)

I like the amount of shine, but the verdict is still out:)

natieya

Can you guys let me know if the alcohol dried your hair? I got my hair done (at my beloved Aveda Institute again today and she flat ironed me). Man, since I've been using Aveda products, my hair now feels like silk. I'm so in love. Anyway, she sprayed me with this hair spray at the end and I'm worried it may dry out my tresses. I told her I would let her know how it feels. So far, it doesn't feel dry, though. Hmm...:)

Isis

natieya said:
Can you guys let me know if the alcohol dried your hair? I got my hair done (at my beloved Aveda Institute again today and she flat ironed me). Man, since I've been using Aveda products, my hair now feels like silk. I'm so in love. Anyway, she sprayed me with this hair spray at the end and I'm worried it may dry out my tresses. I told her I would let her know how it feels. So far, it doesn't feel dry, though. Hmm...:)
Natieya and Trimbride, certain types of alcohols are not drying to the hair (there is a list on this board somewhere). I've never sprayed it directly on my hair, not to avoid drying but it's liquid and I'm not sure how it would work on my hair. So I haven't used it for "hold" like regular hairspray but for creating braidouts in humid conditions.

There are many ingredients including moisturizing ones in this spray.

Radianthealth

Isis said:
Natieya and Trimbride, certain types of alcohols are not drying to the hair (there is a list on this board somewhere). I've never sprayed it directly on my hair, not to avoid drying but it's liquid and I'm not sure how it would work on my hair. So I haven't used it for "hold" like regular hairspray but for creating braidouts in humid conditions.

There are many ingredients including moisturizing ones in this spray.

Yes this makes sense...you're so smart Isis:)

I am off to do my research on these alcohols :brainy:

Lindy

Bumping... Is anyone still using this product??? It was humid and misting out this morning here in NY... I had my hair up in a really pretty updo with ringlets coming down... by the time I got to work I had to put it up in a bun!! :ohwell::sad::perplexed I think I definitely need to invest in a good hairspray for the coming humid months... but I want something light that won't make my hair too stiff and won't build up. Any other suggestions besides this Aveda?? TIA :yep: