TWA Support Thread

faithVA

[USER=373253 said:
Sholapie[/USER];19921069]It's growing! it's at 1.5 inches. I guess another inch before I can twist it up

Your curls/coils are so pretty. Let them be as long as they are behaving.

Sholapie

Thank you! faithVA KidneyBean86
you're right though, I think i'll do one set of twists as soon as I realise I have enough hair then just leave it be after that lol I am also just looking forward to larger fros :afro:

discodumpling

1. BC date: 1. 4/1/2007 2. 4/7 through 4/11 2014 (might still cut some more!):grin::grin:

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4 something

3. Reggie/Products: Cowash every other day with whatever is handy. Work some gel through and go.

4. Goal(s): To keep it super short for the summer and then think about growing it out...maybe.

5. Current pic or pic of B: BRB charging my new S5 :yep: y'all gon get the very 1st pic!

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I feel like I need to join this thread. My hair is different lengths all over my head(transitioning) but it look like a fro with straight ends attached.

robot.

BC'd again last week after having a tapered haircut for a year.

Doing scalp massages so I can get some braids next month. :look:

bronzephoenix

My hair is growing faster than I anticipated & I'm a little saddened... I'm not sure whether I want to keep it cut or just let it be. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'm starting a 6 in 6 personal challenge starting 4.14.14 - 10.14.14 (my 30th bday).
Finally got my manetabolism vitamins (2 month supply).

I've been staying consistent with my njoy sulfur oil and weekly/daily regimen.

LdyKamz

My fro was uneven all over and needed to be shaped. Partly my fault for giving myself a trim on straightened hair. S I got a professional hair cut and back to a twa. But it looks and feels so much better.

robot.

Does anyone notice their twa seems to dry out easily? I know the lack of frizz control from my gel only makes it looks drier.

Today I dc'd with some doctored Shescentit deep condish (added some honey, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice) and rinsed with cold distilled water. Feels much better! Now I just need to figure out my daily moisturizing routine...

LdyKamz

robot. yeah mine dries out easier too. When I first big chopped I would add leave in 3x a day. But I wasn't sealing and that might have been part of my problem. I really just liked running my fingers through my hair so having to re moisturize so often was an excuse to do that. LOL

naija24

Progress! Month 4 vs month 10.

Your hair is gorgeous hnntrr!! Inspiring. Is that four months natural or four months post relaxer?

Also I may join you ladies in here in another month or so....gettin the itch o_O to big chop. I feel terrible though about wantin to though, but since I've learned so much about hair from everyone here and sew ins, I feel confident that I can do it again.

KaramelKutie803

I can officially join you ladies. I transitioned for a year and just did my BC April 4. I'm excited to be back on my natural hair journey. It'll be better/easier this time around cause I know how to handle my hair and SOME products that my hair likes. Looking forward to sharing my progress with you all. Sorry the pics are sideways I don't know how to fix them from this phone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140416_220814.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140416_220814.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 68
  • ForumRunner_20140416_220843.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140416_220843.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ForumRunner_20140416_220919.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140416_220919.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 58

hnntrr

Your hair is gorgeous hnntrr!! Inspiring. Is that four months natural or four months post relaxer?

Also I may join you ladies in here in another month or so....gettin the itch o_O to big chop. I feel terrible though about wantin to though, but since I've learned so much about hair from everyone here and sew ins, I feel confident that I can do it again.

4 months natural. I think I Bc'ed the first time about 4 months in. Then by that time I took the picture it was August.

curlyTisME

Does anyone notice their twa seems to dry out easily? I know the lack of frizz control from my gel only makes it looks drier. Today I dc'd with some doctored Shescentit deep condish (added some honey, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice) and rinsed with cold distilled water. Feels much better! Now I just need to figure out my daily moisturizing routine...

That's what I'm trying to do now. I have yet to find the right moisturizer. Let me know what you find please!

bronzephoenix

Does anyone notice their twa seems to dry out easily? I know the lack of frizz control from my gel only makes it looks drier. Today I dc'd with some doctored Shescentit deep condish (added some honey, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice) and rinsed with cold distilled water. Feels much better! Now I just need to figure out my daily moisturizing routine...

Water water water! I soak my hair with water daily, whether by shower or spray bottle. Frequent cowashing. And a bonnet at night (ugh, I can definitely feel the difference if I forget). I also LCO daily. I'm considering a protective style soon to combat the summer heat... Even though it's short, having my hair "out" 24/7 ain't cool!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

naija24

Probably gonna chop off my relaxed ends in late May when I take out my sew in. I had a setback :( in attempts to straighten my leave in, my ends were torched :( :( it's a good inch and a half of crispy ends that tangle and stick together. I tried conditioning but Nothing is working :( they are completely dead ends.

My crown would be so uneven if I relaxed. So *** it, they are gone in a month. Ill chop and hide my hair in braids or weaves until December or next February.

Lynn84

Do you ladies think chelating (sp?) Twice a month is too much? I just did my monthly chelate and gosh my hair feels so great and light and my lil twa is bouncy but I know in a couple weeks that feeling will be gone. :(

ckisland

I think I've washed my hair twice in a week like once so far :lol:. I just keep forgetting, but I might rub it down with a wet wash clothe like once in between :look:. It's funny that I only have 0.5" of hair and hand in hair syndrome is starting already :lol:

robot.

My lil fro is so cute. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

Right now I'm loving the Shea Moisture kids detangling spray (very moisturizing) with the As I Am Naturally curling jelly (shiny definition). I've found that keeping my hair very wet as I apply the gel gives me a softer, more voluminous definition. :)

I'm a little annoyed with the parts of my hair that like to frizz instead of curl so I'm going to try an egg treatment since I've had good results from it in the past.

Almost out of conditioner too...I want to find something on the ground since I have to order most of my skincare. I don't want to have to order everything.