Bible Study Guides

WonderGirl2U

Hi Ladies! I have recently been feeling like I really need to study the Bible at home. I did so for years in the past, but when I was in graduate school and recently since starting my first real jobs, I have been busy and haven't done as much, so I want to get back into it.

Does anyone know of any good resources that can be used to help guide my reading? I'd like a really good outline/cliff notes type of guide so I can try to understand things as I read along.

I appreciate your suggestions :yep:!

GodivaChocolate

Bible.org has a great app that you can download if you have a smart phone. It has plans where you can read the bible in a six months, a year ect. It also has an audio version and the different formats that the bible is written. I prefer the NIV version. If you want to cross reference the scriptures I would suggest you purchase a concordance.

momi

Walk thru the Bible by Chip Ingram used to offer some good study tools. Is there a particular theme. Book, or issue you are interested in studying?

blazingthru

oh sure, amazing facts has a wonderful series that takes you through the bible and touches on difficult topics. Which I loved because I was no longer following after stuff that wasn't even in the bible. The best part is that it explains difficult text from the bible itself, so you can rely on it.

http://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/free-online-bible-school.aspx

Here is another great site to review for difficult topics today.
http://www.bibleinfo.com/en

Is the Bible true?

Many prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled, and this fact develops faith in the Bible. As we study world history in the light of these prophecies it adds authenticity. Consider a very basic and wonderful prophecy in which God gave a Babylonian king an outline of history from his time to the end of the world. Read this remarkable dream in Daniel, chapter 2. God outlined for King Nebuchadnezzar the four great world kingdoms from his time right on down to our time: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome. Then the Roman Empire would be divided into ten divisions, which are the European nations that exist today. The Great King, who is represented by the stone cut out of the mountain without hands, refers to the coming of Jesus and His eternal kingdom.

Other chapters in Daniel give the same information with added details and in a different way.

Many prophecies recorded in the Bible were given many years, even hundreds of years, before the event took place. Yet events happened exactly as the prophecy said they would.

Why should we believe the Bible is true? First, only God can foretell events hundreds of years before they happen. Second, as we study we find the answers to many of today's questions, even though they were written centuries ago.

Last edited: