Anyone going to try Texture Manageability System: Beautiful Textures?

Smiley79

:) I was going to start a thread on this after I saw Ms.Vaughn on YT do a full seven day review on it.her hair did look nice but I found the product to be a bit vague and im curious how long term use of it may affect the hair. For me, I am not interested in trying it but I do look forward to seeing some reviews and feedback from our members here on the board.

RegaLady

:) I was going to start a thread on this after I saw Ms.Vaughn on YT do a full seven day review on it.her hair did look nice but I found the product to be a bit vague and im curious how long term use of it may affect the hair. For me, I am not interested in trying it but I do look forward to seeing some reviews and feedback from our members here on the board.

Yeah I felt the same way. It seems like it will process the hair or something. I was also concerned about breakage after using such a product.

DeepBluSea

It sounds like a weakened form of elongation system sold by Design Essentials. A few members have tried the DE system. I'm having a hard time finding a non-sponsored review of the Beautiful Textures System.

Blairx0

Sketchy. Site didn't have ingredients, reviews, or directions. It doesn't sound like anything coconut milk or yogurt can't do so I will pass.

BostonMaria

I was going to buy it but decided against it. It's too new for me to go jumping on a bandwagon. I will wait a few months and see if there are any set backs or complaints. I want to see what multiple uses of this product can do to someone's hair.

I remember how excited people were about BKT. Then months later the same folks were complaining and transitioning. No thanks!

Dee Raven

I've been curious about this too. I think I'll wait to see the reviews before I decide to try it. I would also like to try Teaundra's straightening method again, because her hair came out straighter and seems very similar to my texture.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I got the full kit in my Onyx box. I'm not interested so I'm giving it to my friend who's a hair stylist. Maybe he can try it on one of his clients.

Dove56

It sounds like a weakened form of elongation system sold by Design Essentials. A few members have tried the DE system. I'm having a hard time finding a non-sponsored review of the Beautiful Textures System.

I've tested this system on a section of hair and it works well. This is a cheaper at home version of DE. I did full formaldehyde treatments for years then transitioned to these amino acid treatments back in Sept 2011 and I couldn't be happier.

These amino acid / cysteine treatments are far from new. The cysteine treatments are the "new generation" keratin/BKT treatments. They don't produce dramatic results like the formaldehyde treatments but they are healthier and you only use 1 - 2 passes of heat at 340 - 400 degrees as opposed to 450 degrees with 7-10 passes. These systems are only "new" in the sense they are now being marketed to Black women for at home use.

In Sept 2014 it will be three years since I've used the treatments. I've used QOD max Organiq, DE Transitioning Mousee and this system and I've never had any issues. :yep:

Check out this old article on cysteine treatments:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/retexturizing/cysteine-the-future-of-keratin-treatments/

ORS has one as well:

https://www.google.com/#q=ors+straightening+and+strengthening+treatment+ingredients

TMS:

Inner-Active Leave-In Conditioner: Aqua , Glyoxyloyl Carbocysteine , Glyoxyloyl Keratin Amino Acids , Shea Butter Aminodpropyltrimonium Chloride , CyclopentaSiloxane , dimethiconol , dimethicone crosspolymer , Silanetriol , panthenol , Isopropyl Palmitate , methylchloroisothiazolinone , methylisothiazolinone

ORS Strengthening treatment:

Aqua, glyoxylyl carbocysteine, glyoxylyl, keratin amio acids, cocamidoproply betaine, coconut extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, kiwi fruit extract, lemon extract, algea extract, aloe leaf juice, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, corn oil, peg-16 macadamia clycerides, propylene glycol, parfum, benzyl alcohol, limonene linalool, dehydroacetic acid, benzoic acid, phenoxyethanol

QOD Max Organiq:

Agua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Paraffinum liquidum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Methicone (and) Polyquaternium-10 (and) Carbocysteine, Polyquaternium7, Hidrolyzed keratin, Amodimethicone, tridiceth-12, Peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein (and) Sodium Benzoate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa), Extract Parfum, Cetrimonium Chloride, Bht, Methylchloroisothiazolinona (and) Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Ci77400.

DE Tranisitioning Mousee:

Deionized water, polyquaternium-55, cocomidapropyl tremethyl ammonium, chloride and peg-8 dimethicone succinate, decyl glucoside, cetrimonium chloride, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, peg-75 lanolin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, polysorbate 20, perfume/fragrance, dimethicone copolyol, citric acid.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
I happy to see this thread, i follow MsVaughn too, i workout alot so i'm watching to see more reviews.

g.lo

My teenager has been begging me to straighten her hair, I may try that.
The only thing is I think although MsVaugh texture reverted, it was much loose than before. Has anybody noticed that?

Soratachi

The only thing is I think although MsVaugh texture reverted, it was much loose than before. Has anybody noticed that?

Yes it stays looser for 4-6 weeks.

If you want to remove this treatment ASAP you need sulfate and salt conditioners/shampoo.

The amino acids coating is what makes your hair curl looser; this and BKT are not permanent, only heat damage caused from 7-10 passes with 400 F flat iron is.:grin:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm curious about this product too. I think if I try it, I will test it on the front of my hair first, before doing the rest of my hair.

Soratachi

The thing is it does not last long compared to the QOD Max Organiq but it is very cheap.

Still not available in Europe yet. :spinning:

RegaLady

Yesss I noticed that. That prompted me to start this thread. It had a heat damage look but without the stringy strands.

Dove56

Since th DE STS caused me a set back I think i'll pass.

In your case I think you mentioned that your stylist didn't put enough DE on the ends and you mentioned that she did too many passes with the flatiron.

Wrong application, too many heat passes and high temperatures will kill your hair. This is why I do everything myself. Stylists can't be trusted smh.

She shouldn't have done more than 2 passes with that treatment and depending on your hair texture (fine, medium, coarse) the heat should've been between 340° and 400°.

Last edited:

Dove56

TMS should feature models that have done treatment several times. Showing natural hair models that have only used the product just once that rarely wear their hair straight is disingenuous.

*Frisky*

I just refuse to believe that any system that straightens your hair does not cause any adverse affects no matter how small it may be. It may not be that noticeable but it is there.

southerncitygirl

Channy31

The system didn't cause you a setback the manner in which the stylist handled your hair with the treatment did. Its unfortunate she did apply the product and handle your hair properly. I hope your hair is recovering.

I have no desire to try this system. I would do the one by DE if I had a desire to.

naturalmanenyc

Last edited:

Dove56

I just refuse to believe that any system that straightens your hair does not cause any adverse affects no matter how small it may be. It may not be that noticeable but it is there.

Frisky, it doesn't straighten at all my hair is curly. It just helps stop hair from reverting after you flatiron it.

I don't know why someone just can't invent a serum or styling cream to do this instead of a treatment.

*Frisky*

Frisky, it doesn't straighten at all my hair is curly. It just helps stop hair from reverting after you flatiron it.

I don't know why someone just can't invent a serum or styling cream to do this instead of a treatment.

I am more concerned about heat damage I guess but many naturals claim to straighten without ever getting any damage so maybe it is possible. Although some of those same naturals eventually have to wind up cutting inches off of the hair for whatever reason.

Last edited:

dannie

Dove56

Keratin complex infusion keratin replinsher goes on wet hair and infuses keratin while you flat iron. I love it and use it with the de system. My sister is natural and used it to flat iron and liked it too.i would post a pic but cant from my tablet

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Dove56

Keratin complex infusion keratin replinsher goes on wet hair and infuses keratin while you flat iron. I love it and use it with the de system. My sister is natural and used it to flat iron and liked it too.i would post a pic but cant from my tablet

This product did not work for me. IMO is is nothing like a bkt/smoothing system

Anyhoo, I will not be buying or trying this product. I prefer the "real stuff" when it comes to BKT/Amino acid straighteners. i dont trust these new fangled boxed straighteneing products. :lol: