SL 2014

BonBon

Almost certain I'll be doing some braids, or twists next week.

It has been soooooooo long since I last did my hair in extensions. Hope it goes well.
Sick of spending money on wigs as they go rough in about a month with every day use.:rolleyes: Also it will keep my mind of growing for a while until the next check.

SO says he likes braids lol. So glad I don't have a man moaning in my ear about my hair. I'd do what I need to do anyway but I'm still glad he doesn't kick up a fuss about fake hair, or protective styling. -_-

naija24

I had a setback due to pressing my leave out and now I don't know what to do. The crown of my hair will be so uneven compared to the rest of my length :( It's above ear length now. I'm really upset.

I seriously may chop my hair when I take my sew in out but I am mad that I don't really have a choice in the matter.

Any suggestions? I have like 1inch of crap ends on my crown now and all they do is tangle.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I had a setback due to pressing my leave out and now I don't know what to do. The crown of my hair will be so uneven compared to the rest of my length :( It's above ear length now. I'm really upset. I seriously may chop my hair when I take my sew in out but I am mad that I don't really have a choice in the matter. Any suggestions? I have like 1inch of crap ends on my crown now and all they do is tangle.
sorry for the setback. If it's damaged to the point of no return then cut off the damaged part. No use in keeping it around unless you use the section as a transitioning piece to keep your new growth coming in healthy and you can see the difference. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

ETA- can you do protein and moisture to see if it will help to keep you from cutting?

HanaKuroi

naija24 said:
I had a setback due to pressing my leave out and now I don't know what to do. The crown of my hair will be so uneven compared to the rest of my length :( It's above ear length now. I'm really upset.

I seriously may chop my hair when I take my sew in out but I am mad that I don't really have a choice in the matter.

Any suggestions? I have like 1inch of crap ends on my crown now and all they do is tangle.

Did you address the breakage you were experiencing before you got the weave installed?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

naija24

Did you address the breakage you were experiencing before you got the weave installed?

Yeah, my ends breaking were just due to a trim. I trimmed and it was fine. Now I have this leave out and it's fine but it's so freakin crispy. Like I'm scared. Some strands feel crispy up to my natural hair. I don't know what to do. I wanted to get a closure but I don't have the funds. :( :(

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Yeah, my ends breaking were just due to a trim. I trimmed and it was fine. Now I have this leave out and it's fine but it's so freakin crispy. Like I'm scared. Some strands feel crispy up to my natural hair. I don't know what to do. I wanted to get a closure but I don't have the funds. :( :(

Try a protein and then moisture treatment with heat maybe or a cap and see if that will help combat the problem.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

HanaKuroi

naija24 said:

How often are you using heat on your leave out? Are you using a protectant?

naija24

HanaKuroi, the damage came one time. I didn't use heat anytime before that. I used a heat protectant but not too much because I didn't want to weigh it down :( I feel like the tracks themselves are drying out my hair.

Also, I've been so busy at work (working 12 hour days 3 days a week) that I haven't really had time to devout to hair care.

faithVA

HanaKuroi, the damage came one time. I didn't use heat anytime before that. I used a heat protectant but not too much because I didn't want to weigh it down :( I feel like the tracks themselves are drying out my hair.

Also, I've been so busy at work (working 12 hour days 3 days a week) that I haven't really had time to devout to hair care.

Don't chop your hair. Trim the leave-out and then give yourself a protein treatment, followed by a good DC as recommended above. No use chopping your hair when you already don't have time to take care of it.

naija24

faithVA, yeah I'm gonna hit up Sallys and find a mild protein treatment. I also need some DC stuff. I miss touching my actual hair. It was doing pretty okay until this conference came and ate up all my time :(

faithVA

Having a go to style really makes me feel better during this grow out period. I knew it was important. I just didn't realize how much peace it would give me. Wearing 1 style a month will definitely be part of my ongoing regimen.

naija24

So I drenched my ends in cantu shea butter last night. Woke up this morning. They feel SLIGHTLY better but the ends are still rough. :(

Sometime this week I"m gonna just go to the salon and get a protein treatment.

naija24

By the time I take this weave out in another month I'm probably gonna be shoulder length in the back :3 crazy nervous about my leave out still. The front I can kind of play off as bangs but it's the sides of my uneven crown that's killin me. 1.5 years and still ear length??

lovestarr

Ok so I'll be rocking these crochet braids for 4 weeks. Looking to get hopefully an inch by end if may with these hairfinity pills

Attachments

• image-2348140273.jpg
    image-2348140273.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 35

lovestarr

So I'll be rocking these crochet braids for 4 weeks and hope to get an inch by end if my with these hairfinity pills.

Attachments

• image-3973457243.jpg
    image-3973457243.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 27

Evolving78

i plan to be SL by the end of the summer and full by the end of the year. i may install senegalese twists in again, or try something else. i know i am not going to be afraid of the comb anymore when it comes to detangling my hair. and i switched to No Lye. my hairstyle requires a more sleeker texture. i am back to washing my hair twice a week and wrapping it up at night.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
By the time I take this weave out in another month I'm probably gonna be shoulder length in the back :3 crazy nervous about my leave out still. The front I can kind of play off as bangs but it's the sides of my uneven crown that's killin me. 1.5 years and still ear length??

Same here for the crown at a year and half post bc :perplexed: and the very tippy top crown it still has 2 inches to EL. It's so frustrating.

The nape is going on cbl. Go figure.

Last edited:

naija24

DarkJoy BUT WHYYYYY

I'm weaved up now but i really wish my crown grew as fast as my nape. I know now that my nape grows like weeds. PS was the missing ingredient. I'm gonna try and see if I can PS the rest of the year. Idk if I'll use weaves though. Pretty expensive for just the install and I miss not touching my scalp as much. Maybe braids. Tried and true.

I am praying that I am at least SL when I take this out. Otherwise, i'm gonna be pretty discouraged. I hate uneven hair. I really do. I feel like i'm in a box.

jessicarabbit

Checking in
Been consistent with daily cowashing and Ayurvedic rinses and sulfur oil.
Tammy has been my best friend.
Can't wait to see where my hair is in December.

faithVA

I successfully made it through April, cleansing my hair twice a week and keeping it up in flat twists. I have retained enough to get all my flat twists to meet to pin under. I haven't grown/retained enough to switch to another style but that is fine. So I will be sporting the same style with the twists a bit bigger for May.

The cleansing twice a week is giving me an opportunity to firm up a few things in my regimen and giving my time to work on my ends. I am still 2" to 3" from NL in many areas.

FTFr1.jpg

FTLt1.jpg

FTRT1.jpg

FTTop1.jpg

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I successfully made it through April, cleansing my hair twice a week and keeping it up in flat twists. I have retained enough to get all my flat twists to meet to pin under. I haven't grown/retained enough to switch to another style but that is fine. So I will be sporting the same style with the twists a bit bigger for May.

The cleansing twice a week is giving me an opportunity to firm up a few things in my regimen and giving my time to work on my ends. I am still 2" to 3" from NL in many areas.

Faith I love your flat twists! So full and thick/plump