2014 Steaming in the Moisture

Jace032000

*UPDATE*** DO NOT steam with wild hair growth oil!!! It left my hair feeling gummy, caked in oil and the color green. After 3 washes...I had to bust out my husband's pantene pro-v shampoo and completely strip my hair. My hair feels so ragged right now...I just want to cry. Lesson Learned...:darkcloud:

nmartin20

I used Shescentit's Fortifying Hair Masque for protein (pretty good) left it on my hair about 10 minutes. It kind of smells like their Avocado Conditioner. My hair felt stronger after the cream rinse.

I applied Shescentit's Banana Brûlée Moisturizing Deep Conditioner and set under my steamer for 45 minutes. Yes it was a great! Good slip!

I applied my oil mixture and I styled my hair with Shescentit's Papaya Curly Soufflé and their Juicy Berry Buttercream Frosting. My hair seem to do well with this combination.

So far, I loved my night with Shescentit's products!

Rozlewis

Steaming right now with MD Coffee and Kokum, a little Curl Junkie Rehab, Peppermint oil, Rosemary oil, Eucalyptus oil and Avocado oil over coffee. Yes, this feels so good.

CodeRed

I've been steaming all my deep conditioners 3x a week since the middle of February... Good stuff and eliminated my dry scalp completely. Makes hair more moisturized and strong. Using homemade deep conditioners and all natural ones interchangablely.

sexypebbly

Steamed today with aubrey organics honeysuckle rose with carols daughter black vanilla oil and honey. Wanted to use my aubrey organics GPB but it went rancid :(

PerFicMsFit

Steamed today with aubrey organics honeysuckle rose with carols daughter black vanilla oil and honey. Wanted to use my aubrey organics GPB but it went rancid :(

sexypebbly

I better refrigerate these.:ohwell:

So after reading these posts, I got paranoid and smelled my Rosemary Peppermint GPB. At first, it smelled rancid to me, then it smelled like peppermint mixed with the rancid smell. It also appears darker than when I first received it. I remember it being a pearl color, but now it seems light brown/tan. I purchased it on November 4, 2013 from Amazon. How can I tell for sure if mine is rancid? :perplexed

ETA: IDareT'sHair sexypebbly I forgot to mention you two in my post.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Steaming with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Porosity Control, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil over coffee.

sexypebbly

So after reading these posts, I got paranoid and smelled my Rosemary Peppermint GPB. At first, it smelled rancid to me, then it smelled like peppermint mixed with the rancid smell. It also appears darker than when I first received it. I remember it being a pearl color, but now it seems light brown/tan. I purchased it on November 4, 2013 from Amazon. How can I tell for sure if mine is rancid? :perplexed

ETA: IDareT'sHair sexypebbly I forgot to mention you two in my post.

Perfectmisfit I think what you are describing is a rancid product. If it smells bad, then it aint good lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PerFicMsFit

Exactly, Mine changed colors and then it separated.:blush:

When I took the cap off & tried to get it out of the bottle (which is always a pain anyway), water poured out first and then it was a gritty/discolored mix.

That did not smell like what it smelled like when I first got it. And it's not the best smelling on a "good day":look:

But.......I had, had mine a lot longer than 5 Months = November 2013.

I think I had mine over a year or so.:perplexed

I wouldn't think yours would have gone bad so quickly?

ETA: I had AO Island Naturals

Nichelle_jb

Steamed for 15 minutes using Coconut oil for a pre-poo followed with a 30 minute (after washing) steam treatment using Avocado oil plus MyHoneychild Molasses Deep Conditioner.

Nichelle_jb

Beany

Steamed with yes to carrots, YAM, and evoo for 30 minutes. I can see and feel a real difference when I dont steam.

nmartin20

Prepooed with a cheap conditioner and grape seed oil-30 min

Washed my hair with Shea Moisture Black soap Shampoo (I think that's what it is called) pretty good

Fine 4s

My hair steamer started making gurgle noises when I fired it up. It eventually stopped about 3 minutes into it. It's one of the LCL stand alone hair steamers.

What does this mean? Do I have to clean something? Did I put too much water in the tank?

Tks!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Fine 4s

Sometimes you can run white Vinegar through it and clean it out (if that's the problem).

And the water reservoir should never be completely filled to the brim.

When my stopped (after 4 years), it just wouldn't steam.

It was on running etc....but not making steam. I had to replace it.

It was LCL ProSeries 1037 (or something like that). I repurchased the same exact one.

Rozlewis

Steamed with MD's Seaweed and Rice DC, Porosity Control, Avocado oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil.