Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Nonie

Today is dusting day. Oh how happy I feel on these days. Sliding my fingers down my twists one at a time and snipping off the ends so I am left with blunt twists makes me feel so good. BTW, I realized I actually dust off a little more than 1/4 inch coz the snipped off ends are 1/4 inch in their coiled state.

ForumRunner_20130602_202339.jpg

But when you look at all the hair I sacrificed today, it is so negligible that you would wonder why people freak out about dusting every 8 weeks. This is all I dusted today:

ForumRunner_20130602_202540.jpg

ETA: I just realized it's hard to know how much hair you are looking at w/o a reference point so here's the image with a ruler beside it. I tried to place the dusted ends on a single layer.

Attachments

• 20130602_202825.jpg
    20130602_202825.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

shasha8685

Kicking myself for getting so lazy w/ my regimen. I was doing a lot of stuff that worked but then stopped in the interest of saving time.

Lesson learned. Won't do that anymore.

naija24

i feel guilty, first time ever, straightening my hair on Thursday. I loved how it looked but I was terrified at how much heat was used. I had to beg the stylist to use heat protectant and even then she acted like she didn't know what it was. I felt bad because I wasn't trying to give her a hard time, I just wanted to protect my hair. Since then, there have been short hairs breaking off and I'm trying to avoid a panic. Most of the hairs are still shedders from what I can tell but I'm worried.

So I'm probably avoiding heat again for another month. I have an inch of new growth and that's great, but I'm hoping I didn't possibly trigger a setback.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
i feel guilty, first time ever, straightening my hair on Thursday. I loved how it looked but I was terrified at how much heat was used. I had to beg the stylist to use heat protectant and even then she acted like she didn't know what it was. I felt bad because I wasn't trying to give her a hard time, I just wanted to protect my hair. Since then, there have been short hairs breaking off and I'm trying to avoid a panic. Most of the hairs are still shedders from what I can tell but I'm worried.

So I'm probably avoiding heat again for another month. I have an inch of new growth and that's great, but I'm hoping I didn't possibly trigger a setback.

naija24

Don't sweat it. What's done is done. Expect the best and don't stress yourself into losing hair. I think your hair survived one heat season. Just move forward taking good care of it. Those sheds were ready to go anyway. All's well, Honey. Congrats on gaining an inch! :yep: Uh...and feel free to post flat ironed hair pics. You know we lika da pics. :lick:

spellinto

Ran out of my Neutrogena leave in so I went to look for it at Walgreens, walked out with Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk instead! It's targeted towards fine, thin hair (which I don't have) but I bought it anyway thinking the formula would be light and wouldn't weigh my strands down. So far I like it :) this is the second product I've tried with Shea butter in it and I think my hair is a huge fan

AJellyCake

I can't believe that today marks 10 months since I ended my transition and chopped my hair! :yay: I'm so happy with my hair!!

I've finally found a WnG regimen that gives me long-lasting results (so that I can wear 3rd and 4th day hair out). I haven't gone longer than that with my hair out every day, but I should try to see what the limit is on one WnG.

Thank you to LHCF for all of the advice and knowledge!! :Rose: :Rose:

Tonto

I feel like doing something new... either cutting 4 inches of my hair or dying it... The thing is, I want to get to bsl by the end of this year. The struggle is real..

PureSilver

Tonto, Girl i feel the same way. Only difference is i don't feel like cutting or dying. I feel like relaxing and putting in a rinse. This natural hair journey is drying me up the wall as my hair gets longer its becoming a drag. The ssk and fineness of my strands is driving me crazy.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ugh. I was thinking of buying Oyin products. Unfortunately, they ALL have my allergy ingredients, aloe and castor oil. :ohwell:

FelaShrine

I really wanna order some stuff from Darcy (first timer) but Im so sure like tomorrow a code will come out or some ish :lol: :nono:

anyone have a DB code around?

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Lol they need to make a 30 & over thread about hair talk. I'm getting frustrated at the comments of some of these youngin's. Besides, half the time I can barely understand (read) what they're trying to say (type). Lol smh

Evolving78

i need my hair products that i just ordered! i feel like everything in my stash is full of empty promises. i need some products to truly live up to what they promise for me!

i guess i need to figure out what size rollers i will be using for my hair. i plan on roller setting my hair this weekend i think.

i am going to enjoy my new cut, but i still want to gain some length. i plan on being past collarbone by the end of the year. and i want to make APL by the spring of 2014. if i make APL by then, i can get back on the BSB wagon.

Evolving78

where the heck is everbody in the SL challenge? i tried to keep in the first page, but that thread is as cold as ice. oh well i guess i will be on my own personal little challenge.

AlliCat

Flexi rods... luv 'em! Just discovered that rolling from the top creates a wave, where as rolling from the bottom creates a curl/ringlet. Tonight I'm gonna do the first way, just using dome kind of oil (grapeseed?)

Speaking of grapeseed oil... it's a major hit in my regimen. I use it to prepoo, seal, and I might try adding it to DC'S. It's good stuff, and very light.

pre_medicalrulz

Currently DC'ing for an hour. Much needed. Ahhh....

Unfortunately my hair will still be wet in the morning for work. So I'll be bunning it or air drying while at work. BOL!

Last edited:

DivineNapps1728

I started refreshing my box braids today & decided I wanted Senegalese twists instead; now I have a mix of braids & twists in my hair, but I find that I couldn't care less.

I'll finish the switch when I feel like it.

pre_medicalrulz

So far this s-curl is the truth. I'll be paying close attention to my ends though. They break easily when they're over moisturized.

NaturallyATLPCH

This in between stage length...I want to cut it so bad. Stretched it is shoulder length, and when I was relaxed I always cut it in a cute layered style and never let it grow past my shoulders.

I really want to see it's maximum length potential, but how can I do it when I have ALWAYS cut my hair?

When I first big chopped I longed for length. Now I'm not so sure.

TwoSnapsUp

I cannot wait until my hair reaches a length and thickness where it's still cute when the new growth kicks in.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

Its official. I can't do wigs anymore. Today is the last day. No matter what I do underneath to hold down my plaits, it still irritates my edges & nape. I think its me trying to tuck these thick plaits under to get a nice snug & normal fit for the wig is pulling on my edges & nape. I'm disappointed but I'm going to have to search for other PS alternatives. Sigh..

naija24

I kind of hate my hair right now. I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to have a bad hair day every day until my next touch up :/